MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While starting the Chicago Cubs designs, I had the idea of doing a long-term expansion, adding 6 teams in total:

AL West: Portland, OR - Lumberjacks or Thorns

AL Central: San Antonio, TX - Revolutionaries

AL East: Nashville, TN – Sounds / Charlotte, NC - Racers

NL West: Las Vegas, NV - Aces

NL Central: New Orleans, LA – Jesters or Harlequins

NL East: Montreal, QC - Expos

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Victormrey said:

How about these?

YES! Exactly what I wanted to see.

28 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

While starting the Chicago Cubs designs, I had the idea of doing a long-term expansion, adding 6 teams in total:

AL East: Nashville, TN – Sounds / Charlotte, NC - Racers

NL East: Montreal, QC - Expos

What do you think?

Sounds interesting! For the AL East, I'd go with Nashville. Portland Thorns also has a nice ring to it.

16 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Sounds interesting! For the AL East, I'd go with Nashville. Portland Thorns also has a nice ring to it.

Thanks!

About the the teams, I think I may choose Oklahoma instead of San Jose. I've also thought on including some Latin American expansion teams, but I had another idea for those: creating MiLB Latin American teams (but that'd be for another series).

18 hours ago, Victormrey said:

AL East: Nashville, TN – Sounds / Charlotte, NC - Racers

NL East: Montreal, QC - Expos / Orlando, FL - Whatever name you want 

What do you think?

Added one more team to the possibilities of the NL East, which was a glaring mistake at the beginning :PAnyway, I like all of these ideas except for San Antonio. I understand the Texas revolutionary war against Mexico, but I just feel Revolutionaries is a name more fitting an east coast team, maybe even Charlotte (I like Racers for Charlotte though, don't change that).

(The Orlando addition was a joke, I know that with the Rays in town Orlando would have no chance)

ExJworW.png

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Added one more team to the possibilities of the NL East, which was a glaring mistake at the beginning :PAnyway, I like all of these ideas except for San Antonio. I understand the Texas revolutionary war against Mexico, but I just feel Revolutionaries is a name more fitting an east coast team, maybe even Charlotte (I like Racers for Charlotte though, don't change that).

(The Orlando addition was a joke, I know that with the Rays in town Orlando would have no chance)

Yeah, I'm discarding San Antonio. I'm deciding between Nasville Sounds (a MiLB team with a strong identity) or Charlotte (I actually chose the name of Racers because there is located the NASCAR Hall of Fame, and there some importante races take place, like the Coca-Cola 600).

About a team in Orlando, I would actually to see one there ;)  But I think two teams in Florida are enough (specially when they are some of the teams with least attendance in the league!).

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

For the New Orleans expansion team, I'd think of something other than the Jesters or even Harlequins. Both names could be easily parodied, especially when the team is doing poorly. ;)

I guess you are right, how about the "Carnies" or "Krewe"?

1 hour ago, Paul Lucas said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to see the Cubs!!!

And here they are!

The Cubs are another team with a strong identity, that's why I didn't make major changes: the home uniform is exactly the same, except for the socks, which bring back the style used from 1927 to 1956. The road uniform is inspired by the design used during the late 50's and early 60's. The home alternate keeps the simple blue design, using red trims on the collar and cuffs. And the road alternate uniform is also a throwback design, bringing back the grey-ish blue and the style used from 1972 to 1975.

Chicago Cubs Home Uniform.pngChicago Cubs Road Uniform.pngChicago Cubs Alternate Uniform.pngChicago Cubs Alternate Uniform 2.png

37 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

This is a beautiful set. Very clean. Never thought about puting red on blue numbers in the front, but I like it...it keeps a little of their current set. That alternate is very nice...simple, yet classy. Great job, brother.

22 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Great work on the Cubs! I really like the solid red numbers on the road jersey. No complaints here!

Thank you!

I've started with the Indians. I know this has alredy be seen in other concepts, but how about using this colour scheme?

Cleveland Indians Colour Test.png

I'm also thinking on giving more importance to the "C" logo, even dropping the Chief Wahoo.

Archived