MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Looks good! I've always been a fan of that bear logo.

Thanks! I'll wait for more feedback before adding it.

Now, time for the Indians! This is the first major tweak in the series. The navy and red were changed for cream, brown and red. I decided to drop the Chief Wahoo design, given the controversy it implies. 

I decided to bring back the letter styles from the 70's, using it for the wordmark, cap logo ad alternative logo:

Cleveland Indians Wordmark Final.pngCleveland Indians Cap Logo.png

Cleveland Indians Alternate Logo.png

The uniforms are cream, grey, red and brown. All of them feature a zig-zag pattern on the sleeves, pants and socks, a reminiscent of the Native American patterns. For the home and alt home uniforms I used the "Indians" wordmark, while for the road and alt road uniforms I used the "C" with the feather:

Cleveland Indians Home Uniform.pngCleveland Indians Road Uniform.pngCleveland Indians Home Alternate Uniform.pngCleveland Indians Road Alternate Uniform.png

22 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Just to let you know, "New Orleans Krewe" is already used by @Veras' AFA. 

How about Carnies then?

22 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great job with the Indians! I think this color scheme could work for them. I like the throwback feel and modern application of this set. 

With that said, I would like to see 'CLEVELAND' on at least one of the jerseys. 

19 hours ago, coco1997 said:

This is one of the best Indians identity refreshes I've ever seen! I agree with @Paul Lucas that you should have the "CLEVELAND" wordmark on the road gray. The "C" looks great on the brown alt but looks a little too spartan for the road uni. 

How about this?

Cleveland Indians Road Uniform.png

Thanks to @Paul Lucas for the pic of the wordmark and to @hendocfc for re-colouring it!

Let's continue with the Reds.

Not big changes this time, except for the fact I dropped the black on the logos and uniforms, using dark red instead. The home uniform remains almost the same, adding red sleeves. For the road uniform I changed a bit the wordmark, using the "Red Players" + the "C" as sleeve patch. The home alternate uniform style remains the same, adding the "Reds" wordmark. I aslo created an alt road uniform, inspired by the first team's road uniforms.

Cincinnati Reds Home Uniform.pngCincinnati Reds Road Uniform.pngCincinnati Reds Alt Uniform.pngCincinnati Reds Alt Uniform 2.png

Note: I edited by myself the "Reds Player" logo, adding red sleeves. The result is not the best, but it could be worse.

Great work on Cincinnati! Nice to see another artist who's a fan of the "Reds" script. And that road fauxback... :love:

The only part that doesn't work for me is the road sleeve patch. I think it would be a lot more effective if you just used the "C" logo or better yet, Mr. Redlegs, since you used him on the home and home alt jerseys.

P.S. Counting your Rays and Astros concepts, you're 1/3 of the way through the league. Keep up the awesome work!

Great job, brother! I'm loving the Reds set. The dark red idea makes so much sense for them. Love the 'Reds' script and that road alternate is a thing of beauty. I agree with @coco1997, the road patch isn't working. Is the home uniform sleeveless or does it have red sleeves? Sleeveless jerseys have looked great on the Reds throughout their history. On the other hand, faux-sleeveless jerseys didn't work for Toronto, LA, or just about anyone else. I'd make it sleeveless and get rid of the sleeve piping. But, overall, excellent work!

Just had an outside the box idea for the road fauxback. What if you replaced the navy with black? That way you'd also be paying tribute to the black era, as well as distancing the fauxback aesthetically from the uniforms of the division rival Cubs, who also wear blue and red. I can't guarantee this would look better, but it's worth trying out.

23 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Great work on Cincinnati! Nice to see another artist who's a fan of the "Reds" script. And that road fauxback... :love:

P.S. Counting your Rays and Astros concepts, you're 1/3 of the way through the league. Keep up the awesome work!

20 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great job, brother! I'm loving the Reds set. The dark red idea makes so much sense for them. Love the 'Reds' script and that road alternate is a thing of beauty.

Thanks!

23 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The only part that doesn't work for me is the road sleeve patch. I think it would be a lot more effective if you just used the "C" logo or better yet, Mr. Redlegs, since you used him on the home and home alt jerseys.

I agree with @coco1997, the road patch isn't working.

Better?

Cincinnati Reds Road Uniform.png

Is the home uniform sleeveless or does it have red sleeves? Sleeveless jerseys have looked great on the Reds throughout their history. On the other hand, faux-sleeveless jerseys didn't work for Toronto, LA, or just about anyone else. I'd make it sleeveless and get rid of the sleeve piping. But, overall, excellent work!

It's actually a faux-sleevless jersey. I'm not a fan of vest jerseys, but you get what you ask for ;)

Cincinnati Reds Home Uniform 2.png

20 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Just had an outside the box idea for the road fauxback. What if you replaced the navy with black? That way you'd also be paying tribute to the black era, as well as distancing the fauxback aesthetically from the uniforms of the division rival Cubs, who also wear blue and red. I can't guarantee this would look better, but it's worth trying out.

I tried it and I don't like it too much, I'll stick to navy. I would upload it, but I'm afraid I didn't save the design.

6 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Where did you find a radially arched version of the CINCINNATI script? That looks terrific.

Thanks! I actually did it myself. I downloaded the Reds' font and edited it on WordArt. Here it is:

Cincinnati Reds Wordmark.png

Archived