MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

1 hour ago, Victormrey said:

Atlanta Braves Throwback Uniform.png

I love what you've done in the originals but I desperately what to see these as the everyday home uniform. (It's a little tough to see the cream color on my screen, maybe the defining lines are too light or it needs a backdrop.) I love the gold-less tomahawk but I also think the modern feather design clashed with it, so needless to say I'm of two minds (embarrassment of riches as they say). Also I prefer the lower case "a" cap on these. 

Ideally I want the cream uniform with all blue lower case "a" cap for home, blue sleeved grey uniform for the roads, and white sleeved navy jersey for the alts. 

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paul Lucas said:

Oh, these look really good! I was expecting the same cream alternate they wear now, but this is even better. Way to go! Only thing I would change is the stirrups, Atlanta has one of the best in the League. 

I forgot the Braves used those stirrups! I'll add them to the designs.

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I love what you've done in the originals but I desperately what to see these as the everyday home uniform. (It's a little tough to see the cream color on my screen, maybe the defining lines are too light or it needs a backdrop.) I love the gold-less tomahawk but I also think the modern feather design clashed with it, so needless to say I'm of two minds (embarrassment of riches as they say). Also I prefer the lower case "a" cap on these. 

Ideally I want the cream uniform with all blue lower case "a" cap for home, blue sleeved grey uniform for the roads, and white sleeved navy jersey for the alts. 

Thanks! About the cream colour, for the next designs I'll make the borders darker, to make it more visible.

Here is the cream uni with the lower case a:

Atlanta Braves Throwback Uniform 2.png

Thank you guys for the feedback! Now let's continue with the White Sox.

For me, the Chicago White Sox is one of the best looking teams in the Majors, using a classy colour scheme and wordmarks. The home uniform remains almost the same, I just moved the number to the sleeves, inspired by some past designs, and I also changed the socks design. For the road uni I decided to mix the current Chicago wordmark with the 1969/75 road wordmark, and also used a white-black-white trim for the cuffs and pants, instead of the current white-black. For the alt uniforms I decided to use the 1987/90 home and road wordmarks, featuring a white with black sleeves design for the alt home, and an all-black alt road uniform.

Chicago White Sox Home Uniform.pngChicago White Sox Road Uniform.pngChicago White Sox Alt Home Uniform.pngChicago White Sox Alt Road Uniform.png

3 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

ChiSox look good! Definitely an improvement. I think @coco1997 would like it. 

I wonder what it would look like if you inverted the black and white on the away wordmark and numbers.

Thanks! Initially I tried out that combination, but apart from the fact I think it looks better with white border and black inside, I just can't stand seeing "White" in black! This is how it looks like:

Chicago White Sox Wordmark Road Final 2.png

I like this a lot. However, I think you should change the "C" on the road "Chicago" wordmark to match the "C" on the black alternate's "Chicago" wordmark for consistency's sake.

Also, can we see a green & orange Irish heritage uni? Preferably in the style of the '80s beach blanket unis? :)

1 minute ago, coco1997 said:

I like this a lot. However, I think you should change the "C" on the road "Chicago" wordmark to match the "C" on the black alternate's "Chicago" wordmark for consistency's sake.

Also, can we see a green & orange Irish heritage uni? Preferably in the style of the '80s beach blanket unis? :)

Thank you. I'll post the design tomorrow. I haven't finished it yet, and in Spain it's 11pm and I don't really feel like designing right now ;)

I'll also change the black alt cap.

I decided to do a 2-in-1, mixing the 1982/86 throwback design and the colours of the Irish Heritage Day. This is the result:

Chicago White Sox Irish Heritage Uniform.png

As suggested by @Paul Lucas, here is a dark grey version of the road uni, inspired by the 1999 "Turn Back The Clock" design:

Chicago White Sox Road Uniform 2.png

And here is the alt road uniform with the "C" from the wordmark on the cap:

Chicago White Sox Alt Road Uniform.png

Unfortunately, the White Sox concept isn't quite there yet. For one thing, a team called the White Sox should at least be wearing white socks. This is an oversight that the team makes now, but it should be fixed. The choice to use two nearly but not exactly similar "Chicago" scripts is a bit odd. The script on the road jersey just doesn't work - the tail goes off at a completely different angle than the text, and it looks awkward. I would recommend just using the script you used on the black alternate. I do, however, like the choice of white scripts and numbers on the road. A lot of people do that with their White Sox concepts, myself included, and it always looks good.

With that said, even though I'm not crazy about the ideas here, your presentation is still very clean and neat, so well done there.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

26 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Love it! The Irish/Halfway to St. Patty's Day alternate looks wonderful, especially the clover inside the "O".

My suggestion to alter the "Chicago" script on the road uni is for the "C" in "Chicago" to match the "C" on the black alt's "C," similar to this.

Thank you. I don't know why, but I read you suggested to change the alt cap logo to match the C (how in the World?!). I tried using that C style for the road wordmark, but it just doesn't look good (at least to me), so I'll keep the current style.

3 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Thank you. I don't know why, but I read you suggested to change the alt cap logo to match the C (how in the World?!). I tried using that C style for the road wordmark, but it just doesn't look good (at least to me), so I'll keep the current style.

Don't get me wrong, I love how the "C" looks on the cap in the update!

4 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The choice to use two nearly but not exactly similar "Chicago" scripts is a bit odd. The script on the road jersey just doesn't work - the tail goes off at a completely different angle than the text, and it looks awkward. I would recommend just using the script you used on the black alternate.

Yep, this is my thinking, as well.

6 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Unfortunately, the White Sox concept isn't quite there yet. For one thing, a team called the White Sox should at least be wearing white socks. This is an oversight that the team makes now, but it should be fixed. The choice to use two nearly but not exactly similar "Chicago" scripts is a bit odd. The script on the road jersey just doesn't work - the tail goes off at a completely different angle than the text, and it looks awkward. I would recommend just using the script you used on the black alternate. I do, however, like the choice of white scripts and numbers on the road. A lot of people do that with their White Sox concepts, myself included, and it always looks good.

With that said, even though I'm not crazy about the ideas here, your presentation is still very clean and neat, so well done there.

3 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Yep, this is my thinking, as well.

How about using the current wordmark for the road and keeping the retro one for the black uni?

4 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

How about using the current wordmark for the road and keeping the retro one for the black uni?

I think the retro wordmark on the black alt is the best option to use across the board, and it's up to you if you want to add the underline found on the home alt's "White Sox" script. You might also think about eliminating the "White Sox" within the underline to simplify things.

Archived