MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheOldRoman said:

Had anybody seen this year's 5950s (without the NE logo) go on clearance yet online? I want to buy a few Sox hats as back ups and just wear these until I die. I won't be too enthused about buying caps with the manufacturer logo, and even with the Sox slowly chipping away at and destroying their aesthetics, they haven't messed with the hat yet. If the Sox can give me another 40-50 years out of the current logo, I'll be good.

Minorleagues.com has been running huge sales the last few weeks.  Quantity has obviously become limited (and I just checked and it looks like the regular Sox hat is out of stock). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 minutes ago, What Can Brown Do For You said:

Does anyone remember last year if they Padres put all the blue/sand and shampoo font merchandise on sale or clearance before the uniform announcements or if it was just after?

I don't but seem to remember they unveiled their 2015 look over Thanksgiving. Makes sense if they want to push Christmas sales for new merchandise.

48 minutes ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

^This also means that, unless there's a new alternate, the primaries stay.

Correct. The video that was on Facebook had the normal home jersey with the patch.

It is interesting though that they seem to be using the tomahawk less. The two newest jersies released had no tomahawk, as well as the special event jerseys from last year. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Wait but without the SunTrust Park component it looks like a patch for the Braves inaugural season... like if 2017 is their first season ever. Am I wrong?

A lot of new stadium patches look like team inaugural season logos.

rl8sa3gfpcf1n45bftzcx8gfx.gifhcob696ggahdc9lkez07rrmid.gif

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

A lot of new stadium patches look like team inaugural season logos.

Yep:

2009-Inaugural-World-Series-New-Era-FittNew-York-Mets-75-Francisco-Rodriguez-75-

Unrelated, walked by the Yankees Clubhouse Store today, and they only had jerseys with NOB in the window. Didn't see any anywhere without. Should I be getting concerned??

Anubis.png

1 minute ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Ugh that's horrific. Stadium patches need to clearly state the stadium is what's being celebrated or inaugurated. It's so misleading even with the building taking up most of the logo.

MLB rules won't allow stadium names in the patch if it's a corporate name.

Archived