MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, rsaline said:

Please be uniform-wide. Then the jerseys won't look blue on TV.

Amen. IMO, purple and black work best together when the purple is an even mix of red and blue, or even very slightly on the red side.

15 hours ago, Bmac said:

It's an official change. Not sure if it's uniform-wide but the purple on the caps has changed.

I would assume it's uniform-wide, because it looks like a significant difference in shade.

Majestic currently doesn't have any Rockies jerseys available on their website either. http://www.majesticathletic.com/colorado-rockies/l/109?featuref=Authentic It may be a sign they'll have new uniforms available soon. Idk. 

On 12/22/2016 at 1:27 PM, larrypep said:

Gaslamp ball did a mockup on what they say should be the Padres uniforms in 2018, and they look great!

http://www.gaslampball.com/2016/12/16/13986836/how-to-bring-back-the-brown-in-2-years

3ETiCEtl.0.jpeg

OJWS9Gxl.0.jpeg

VKo56d3m.0.jpeg

bAkWXpGm.0.jpeg

Wow.  I absolutely love this.  After the complaints about the SD on the chest from local fans, though, I kind of have trouble liking it.  I can't argue that the detractors are wrong.  I'd like to see them in a white home and tan road, like they used to have.

On 12/29/2016 at 2:46 PM, bosrs1 said:

If true they're a minor evolution of last year's ST logos. They're definite improvements however. But I'm not sure why they're using the US Highway shield as a base?

Looking at the maps, all Cactus and Citrus League teams aren't on the interstate system.  In fact, half the Citrus League teams are on a highway using that shield on the West Coast of Florida.

On 12/31/2016 at 1:11 AM, Bmac said:

Speaking of the Rockies, have we already discussed the fact that they changed their caps for 2017? They're using a much lighter shade of purple now.

So they pulled a reverse Indians?

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 12/30/2016 at 5:05 AM, leopard88 said:

The shield is also the shape of US Route signs, not Interstate signs.

fig-2e-11.gif

My thought (guess?) is that the US Route shield is a bit of shorthand for "Road Trip!"*

* -- Interesting(?) side note -- If you do a Google Image Search for "road trip", the vast majority of the images are of old school two lane roads (with lots of deserts) rather than Interstate highways.

Eh you probably nailed it. The US highway shield, particularly with Route 66 in it, is generally a road trip short hand. And spring training is filled with road tripping fans (as well as teams).

Plus as someone pointed out many of the teams are near a US Highway. US 60 in Phoenix passes reasonably close to Surprise, Peoria, Maryvale, and the two stadiums  in Mesa (A's and Cubs). 

On Tuesday, January 03, 2017 at 11:04 AM, daveindc said:

Were these the only 2017 caps there? The purple on that Rockies cap looks pretty bright. I'm wondering if that's the new one.

Look again, that's not a rockies cap that's a Padres cap, light navy blue. Definitely not purple. 

Archived