MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, skwid said:

Majestic has added the 2017 jackets to its store.  They're a big improvement over the current jackets.

http://www.majesticathletic.com/mens-authentic-onfield-premier-jacket-milwaukee-brewers/d/20815_cl_53271

The shoulder stripes look silly.  More important, there should be no league-wide template; each team should be designing its own jacket.

And the Yankees need to return to their real jacket.  Get rid of this:

yankees jacket.jpg

...and get back to this:

Image result for reggie jackson yankees jacket

That stupid "Yankees" script is the fault of Joe Torre, who brought it in during 1996.  Buck was the last manager to wear the real jacket.

buck-jacket.jpg 

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I think we're down to one.  For any  teams that wear cool base, that is. 

I just got a Dodgers and Giants (Kershaw and Madbum) jersey and i was surprised to see a color difference between these two jerseys. They are both flexbase from 2016.

IMAG1002.jpg

31 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I just got a Dodgers and Giants (Kershaw and Madbum) jersey and i was surprised to see a color difference between these two jerseys. They are both flexbase from 2016.

IMAG1002.jpg

Interesting development.  When is was just COOLBASE, it was all one color.  Majestic could only produce one shade of grey before.  Maybe they finally figured it out in the 6 or 7 years since it came into use.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

9 hours ago, Bmac said:

Cardinals is red with the St Louis script, Giants is black with the cursive San Francisco script. Indians, Mariners, Padres weren't shown in the retail guide...

FWIW Lukas or Chris re-tweeted a pic from the Giants Team Store of their new jacket, so it may not be on Majestic's site, but it is for sale.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

45 minutes ago, Thomas said:

IMAG1002.jpg

where were they both made? maybe different manufacturing plants have different standards.

3 hours ago, jp1409 said:

I can't believe the Cubs and Reds once again went with these ugly scripts. The Mets look more than alright with the chest logo so it's not like they couldn't have used theirs.

I'm guessing the Mets' use of a chest logo instead of their script is supposed to be a throwback of sorts to the '80s and early '90s:

uegS0UN.jpg

SpB0SXf.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

33 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I'm guessing the Mets' use of a chest logo instead of their script is supposed to be a throwback of sorts to the '80s and early '90s:

uegS0UN.jpg

SpB0SXf.jpg

And it looks perfect. The Reds and Cubbies definitely should have went the same way.

1 hour ago, Bouj said:

Interesting development.  When is was just COOLBASE, it was all one color.  Majestic could only produce one shade of grey before.  Maybe they finally figured it out in the 6 or 7 years since it came into use.

Right, i guess you could say the Dodgers jersey has a slight blueish hue to it, is that why there is differences in the jersey shades, to accommodate the team colors ?

2 hours ago, dont care said:

where were they both made? maybe different manufacturing plants have different standards.

I do believe all on field jerseys are made by Majestic in their Easton, PA facility.

But i am glad you asked, because then i found this story, turns out they have at least one other place.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-majestic-last-minute-marlins-uniforms-20160927-story.html

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

yankees jacket.jpg

...and get back to this:

That stupid "Yankees" script is the fault of Joe Torre, who brought it in during 1996.  

I'll grant that the "NY" logo jacket is much more common in the team's history, but it's not as though Torre created it out of nothing.  There is some historical precedent for it:

diamggio-day-web.jpg CStengelMMantleAP_540410018-674x862.jpg

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The shoulder stripes look silly.  More important, there should be no league-wide template; each team should be designing its own jacket.

yankees jacket.jpg

...and get back to this:

That stupid "Yankees" script is the fault of Joe Torre, who brought it in during 1996.  Buck was the last manager to wear the real jacket.

buck-jacket.jpg 

I loved the Torre era dugout jacket because it harkened back to DiMaggio but I guess thats just me. (EDIT Gothamite beat me to it)

Speaking of which, these dugout jackets need more stripes at the bottom and around the neck.

3 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

Agreed.  I hate the Reds script.

Product Image

There is only one Reds dugout jacket

vintage-cincinnati-reds-jacket-by-starte

I need to buy another one of these beauts. I still have one from when I was around 12, but it's nowhere close to fitting now.

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

There is only one Reds dugout jacket

vintage-cincinnati-reds-jacket-by-starte

I need to buy another one of these beauts. I still have one from when I was around 12, but it's nowhere close to fitting now.

Majestic still makes them.  Finding a Starter one might be a chore though...

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

54 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

Majestic still makes them.  Finding a Starter one might be a chore though...

Over a couple months' stretch, most Starter satin dugout jackets can be found on eBay.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 hours ago, TVIXX said:

More importantly, the Brewers only has the retro design

And the royal/varsity gold colors.  Personally, I don't care if they go back to the BiG or not.  More than anything, I'm just wanting them to move away from the drab navy blue.

Archived