MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm presently sitting in Petco Park and from looking around the crowd the Padres had better knock their latest rebrand out of the park because this is the most disjointed fan base that I have ever seen.  Just in my immediate area I'm seeing:

Brown/yellow 1978 road

Brown/orange/yellow 1980-84 road

Brown/orange 1985-1990 home

Navy/orange 1991-2001 home

navy/yellow 2016 home

Navy/sand 2004-11 home

Brown/yellow 2016 alternate

Even the ads for auditions for their 2017 "cheerleaders" show girls in multiple era jerseys.

MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MINDS ALREADY!!!

IMG_1651.JPG

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, Ben in LA said:

LMU I love your avatar.

As for the Padres, that's what happens when you keep changing your uniform.  Thankfully yumwomt see that at Dodger or Yankee Stadium.

That sounds boring to me, thinking of a yankees game and how the fans look.

I'm a Phillies fan, so going to games while its mostly red, its great to also see maroon and light blue too.

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

That sounds boring to me, thinking of a yankees game and how the fans look.

I'm a Phillies fan, so going to games while its mostly red, its great to also see maroon and light blue too.

It's not so much the colors it's the amount of combinations and uniforms that there are. That Phillies combo you mentioned looks just fine in the crowds. I'm a Marlins fan so in my crowds I see black, red-orange, and blue with some teal sprinkled in. It's not bad. Yet it's different than the mess that the Padres have. I'm sure even Brewers crowds are better looking because they can't get things right but they also didn't have 6 or 7 color schemes throughout their history.

22 hours ago, Thomas said:

Right, i guess you could say the Dodgers jersey has a slight blueish hue to it, is that why there is differences in the jersey shades, to accommodate the team colors ?

Yeah.  Henderson has a section in his guide that shows all the various grey shades and how teams used them.  Blue-Grey (like the Dodgers), or Green-Grey (think early-00's TB), or neutral grey all got used.  Think there might have been another common shade.  I don't have the guide with me.  Then COOLBASE came along and there was just one grey, because Majestic couldn't produce the various shades.  That's why there were no COOLBASE grey jerseys at all at first.  And that's why the grey jerseys were a different color from the pants, which were still doubleknit.  It looks like they are back in the individual grey shades business.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

47 minutes ago, Bouj said:

Yeah.  Henderson has a section in his guide that shows all the various grey shades and how teams used them.  Blue-Grey (like the Dodgers), or Green-Grey (think early-00's TB), or neutral grey all got used.  Think there might have been another common shade.  I don't have the guide with me.  Then COOLBASE came along and there was just one grey, because Majestic couldn't produce the various shades.  That's why there were no COOLBASE grey jerseys at all at first.  And that's why the grey jerseys were a different color from the pants, which were still doubleknit.  It looks like they are back in the individual grey shades business.

Thank you

:)

13 hours ago, LMU said:

I'm presently sitting in Petco Park and from looking around the crowd the Padres had better knock their latest rebrand out of the park because this is the most disjointed fan base that I have ever seen.  Just in my immediate area I'm seeing:

Brown/yellow 1978 road

Brown/orange/yellow 1980-84 road

Brown/orange 1985-1990 home

Navy/orange 1991-2001 home

navy/yellow 2016 home

Navy/sand 2004-11 home

Brown/yellow 2016 alternate

Even the ads for auditions for their 2017 "cheerleaders" show girls in multiple era jerseys.

MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MINDS ALREADY!!!

That's why I'd half jokingly advocate the Padres wear ALL their former uniforms next season. A different one for every series during the season. They have nothing else, may as well embrace having no brand at all.

38 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

That's why I'd half jokingly advocate the Padres wear ALL their former uniforms next season. A different one for every series during the season. They have nothing else, may as well embrace having no brand at all.

Hey, a different uniform every game works for Oregon. ;) 

59 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Hey, a different uniform every game works for Oregon. ;) 

Just for fun I counted the different Padres uniforms. According to my count they've worn

- 32 different uniforms in their MLB history http://caglaze.cts.com/

- 15 in their PCL history http://caglaze.cts.com/PCL.html

- TOTAL of 47 different uniforms

With 52 series' a season they are actually VERY close to being able to do this. Unbelievable.

11 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Just for fun I counted the different Padres uniforms. According to my count they've worn

- 32 different uniforms in their MLB history http://caglaze.cts.com/

- 15 in their PCL history http://caglaze.cts.com/PCL.html

- TOTAL of 47 different uniforms

With 52 series' a season they are actually VERY close to being able to do this. Unbelievable.

Give them 4 or 5 more years and they'll probably surpass that 52 number.

The Royals will be getting a new Friday night alternate for home games in 2017. I've heard it will basically be the reverse version of 2016's gold program jersey. The jersey will be white with the blue Royals script outlined in gold and the hat will be blue with a white KC outlined in gold.

12 hours ago, Royals Insider said:

The Royals will be getting a new Friday night alternate for home games in 2017. I've heard it will basically be the reverse version of 2016's gold program jersey. The jersey will be white with the blue Royals script outlined in gold and the hat will be blue with a white KC outlined in gold.

Royals be like

1blawu.jpg

Archived