MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have to see it on TV to judge, but for now I think the new Rockies shade is perfect. 

I followed the expansion process pretty closely and wanted them to get a team because they said they'd have purple uniforms. That's the shade I was expecting, not the darker blueish one they unveiled. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

28 minutes ago, dont care said:

Just look at the NFL in October...

Well IIRC, the NFL is no longer going to do that and leave it up to the teams as to what they want to do.  

However if they want to do breast cancer, step it up and do what the NHL does with their Hockey Fights Cancer games.

Did the Rockies quietly change their primary logo? Promotional videos of MLB The Show 17 have come out and I just saw one of the team selection screen which always shows the primary logos and instead of having the mountain range over the word Rockies, Colorado has the CR cap logo but with the letters filled in with silver instead of purple. In the past like when the Indians primary changed to the block C and the Pirates changed to the P, The Show has always been accurate with these changes.

9 hours ago, nyratk1 said:

Especially pink and black. Bret Hart proved that's a rad color combo. Mets' original concept was in pink/black and it works - http://toddradom.com/all-hail-the-pink-black-new-york-mets/

This is very interesting. It's also worth mentioning that first Marlins owner Wayne Huizenga during the expansion process wanted the team to be called the Florida Flamingos and for the colors to be pink and black. Eventually Marlins was chosen from fan submissions and teal was chosen because someone told them it was about to become a popular color in the 90s. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Did the Rockies quietly change their primary logo? Promotional videos of MLB The Show 17 have come out and I just saw one of the team selection screen which always shows the primary logos and instead of having the mountain range over the word Rockies, Colorado has the CR cap logo but with the letters filled in with silver instead of purple. In the past like when the Indians primary changed to the block C and the Pirates changed to the P, The Show has always been accurate with these changes.

Do you have a link to the video?

It doesn't look like any logo change took place on the website. http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=col

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Do you have a link to the video?

It doesn't look like any logo change took place on the website. http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=col

It's at about 9:32 in this video... 

And I wouldn't go with what the Rockies website shows because it's not like the other logo doesn't exist anymore it's just that it might no longer be designated as the primary logo anymore. For example I just checked the Indians website and they don't have the block C on the top of the website they have the Indians word mark even though the block C is the primary. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

It's at about 9:32 in this video... 

And I wouldn't go with what the Rockies website shows because it's not like the other logo doesn't exist anymore it's just that it might no longer be designated as the primary logo anymore. For example I just checked the Indians website and they don't have the block C on the top of the website they have the Indians word mark even though the block C is the primary. 

Great job catching that.  The particular CR reminds me of the old alternate with the left chest logo.  Odd that it would be in the team-select screen.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

42 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Also, did we just get a look at a new D Backs BP set? 

Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 10.03.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-19 at 10.05.12 AM.png

Those are the new BP pullovers with the 3/4 sleeve. Since the previous BP jerseys no longer exist The Show put the 3/4 sleeve BP pullovers in the game but converted them to a regular sleeve tucked in jersey because The Show doesn't yet have the template for a 3/4 sleeve pullover. So they basically had to create a modified version of the BP pullovers. 

Just now, WSU151 said:

Great job catching that.  The particular CR reminds me of the old alternate with the left chest logo.  Odd that it would be in the team-select screen.

Thanks. Yeah I thought the same, with the black outline and the silver inside it's just like the vest jersey they used to have. 

39 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

What's with the blue stripe on the collar in the Dee Gordon screencap?

Looks grey to me

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

24 minutes ago, TornadoGTS said:

Looks grey to me

Well, fellow Bucs fan, I think you need to get your eyes checked because that's definitely blue.

Regardless, the Marlins have never had that stripe on their uniforms before. And they haven't announced any uniform changes for this year. So that's a strange change to be in The Show this year.

ClAFLDa.png

Archived