MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

What's up man? What variations are there for our Fish? I thought it was just the color change on the batter man logo? 

The 2011 released have the tail of the fish breaking from the white M also the batterman is blue/orange (logo on the left)

The 2012 and beyond have the tail shorten and batterman is black/orange (logo on the right)

I've only seen it on the orange 2011 released, black caps have been the same since day 1 as far as I know.

ENPY4393.jpg

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the logo on right is positioned lower as well. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, el_gmac said:

The 2011 released have the tail of the fish breaking from the white M also the batterman is blue/orange (logo on the left)

The 2012 and beyond have the tail shorten and batterman is black/orange (logo on the right)

I've only seen it on the orange 2011 released, black caps have been the same since day 1 as far as I know.

ENPY4393.jpg

Wow, I have both of these caps and have never noticed the difference until now. When I got the first one in 2011 with the tail breaking into the white I noticed this wasn't on the black cap that I got on the same day but when I bought my 2nd orange cap last year I didn't realize that that little detail was gone. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. 

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Brewers and the Padres should just be put out of their misery.

The brewers and Padres are like a bad romance, you find yourself constantly asking will they or won't they?

Can't wait to pick up a new Marlins cap at Lids today. I might even buy a Padres one as well. I like where the Padres are with their look. I would never wear a brown hat so it helps grow my collection. 

On 3/4/2017 at 9:12 PM, el_gmac said:

ENPY4393.jpg

This is the same reason why I cherish the original Marlins orange cap so much because of that. It's a rare cap that so few people notice. 

Go A's!

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

The saddest part of how the Brewers are juggling three different identities is that the only one they're neglecting is also the only one that actually looked good.

yv5rrUk.jpg

I liked that set.

I saw this Budweiser wordmark, and it made me think of that Brewers wordmark, though A-B has nothing to do with Milwaukee...

39bb260f9637e4536d014f3323a0ffd9.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Ray Lankford said:

I see two identities tops and there's no reason that the mb glove and the current wordmark can't coexist (in the sense that the mb glove is a dumb logo that doesn't go with anything). 

I think the three identities are:

1. The current navy and gold
  2. The classic royal and yellow
  3. The new mix of navy and yellow

Still, only two are present here.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

9 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

Manfred's talking about shortening commercial breaks as a way of speeding up the game but presumably the league would need to make up that loss in revenue somehow and I can think of one way for the league to do so that everyone's going to hate.

More advertisements behind home plate?  Managers holding up advertisements while talking to the announcers?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Manfred's talking about shortening commercial breaks as a way of speeding up the game but presumably the league would need to make up that loss in revenue somehow and I can think of one way for the league to do so that everyone's going to hate.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

More advertisements behind home plate?  Managers holding up advertisements while talking to the announcers?

Watching the wbc this morning I saw them do an in-game set of advertisements where, during an inactive point of the game, they slightly shrunk the screen and at the bottom they displayed the logos of a 3-4 companies that they said were "global sponsors" of the world baseball classic. The commentators just said "here are some of the global sponsors of the world baseball classic..." and they just read off the names of the companies and went right back to the game. I could see something like this happening. It was brief and it plugged sponsors, but it wasn't intrusive like 2 minute long breaks where we go through tedious commercials.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Watching the wbc this morning I saw them do an in-game set of advertisements where, during an inactive point of the game, they slightly shrunk the screen and at the bottom they displayed the logos of a 3-4 companies that they said were "global sponsors" of the world baseball classic. The commentators just said "here are some of the global sponsors of the world baseball classic..." and they just read off the names of the companies and went right back to the game. I could see something like this happening. It was brief and it plugged sponsors, but it wasn't intrusive like 2 minute long breaks where we go through tedious commercials.

So... they basically did the TV version of a read one would do on the radio.  Interesting.

spacer.png

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

It's also possible to have sponsors for particular events.  In my day the Yankees' home runs were called "Getty goners" or were greeted by the announcement "hey, Graig Nettles (or whoever), this Bud's for you".  And before that they were "Ballantine blasts".

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Would be a hard sell to baseball purists for sure. But I would LOVE to see the reaction to Yankees jerseys covered in ads :D

Archived