MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

this is like saying if the cap is half full or half empty can go either way but I'll say it's more teal than green.

If it was more accessible to bring up up both caps from the Brewers n Mariners to take a pic and compared them I'll do it, but they're both in storage and i'm not going to thru that hassle just to prove a point

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

this is like saying if the cap is half full or half empty can go either way but I'll say it's more teal than green.

If it was more accessible to bring up up both caps from the Brewers n Mariners to take a pic and compared them I'll do it, but they're both in storage and i'm not going to thru that hassle just to prove a point

The Brewers never wore teal.  It was green.  One picture does not trump the official art files or color swatches.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

47 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Funny thing is that the Diamondbacks teal they use now is nowhere close to what they used from 1998-2006.  Not even a shade close.

ArizonaDiamondbacks_FRC01_2002_SOL01_SOLCOA_SRGB_SUM.png

ArizonaDiamondbacks_FRC01_2006_SOL01_SOLCOA_SRGB_SUM.png

ArizonaDiamondbacks_FRC01_9999_SOL01_SOLCOA_SRGB_SUM.png

Been complaining about this since the day of their rebrand where they said they were bringing back an original color and it's not even the same color. I may never get over this.

I have been a fan of the Diamondbacks since day one and when they went away from the purple and teal in 2007, I was upset.  

Bringing it back this way was a step in the right direction but not quite there.  If they brought back the original colors sooner rather than later, I would be happy.  I do like this version of the teal but again it is not even close to the original teal color they had

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Brewers never wore teal.  It was green.  One picture does not trump the official art files or color swatches.

already stayed some will say teal, some will say green. It was close enough to the Mariners and they wore it in the teal era so....

29 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I wish the Mariners could produce a consistent teal. I prefer the lighter, more light blue color since it's a nice contrast. I've seen many variations all around town though. 

fd31e549f4fc42b68b6a146816adb976.jpgSeattle-Mariners-MLB-Cooperstown-Retro-O626351%20MLB%20From%20Canada%20Seattle%2

In most cases it's the lighting; the normal color is more aqua green than bright teal, that's why they brand it NW green.

51 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

already stayed some will say teal, some will say green. It was close enough to the Mariners and they wore it in the teal era so....

If 'some' = 'one', I'd say you're ok. I have never heard of anyone prior to you referring to the Brewers as having worn teal.

Ever.

It's where I sit.

27 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

An account I follow on Twitter posted this set of Rockies concepts. Anyone know where they're from?

Uniforms are pretty good (A/A- range) but that presentation is what really sells it.  Incredible work.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Jesse Alkire. Look him up on Twitter, many of you here will probably recognize most of his work.

The man responsible for blowing up this thread twice with his photo-realistic concepts. First with the ASG hats (which were better than what really were made), then with the MLB-Asia jerseys. His presentation is killer.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

An account I follow on Twitter posted this set of Rockies concepts. Anyone know where they're from?

Not bad, Ive always thought the Rockies using purple green and black would work....much like the 1998 All Star Game identity from Colorado.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Been complaining about this since the day of their rebrand where they said they were bringing back an original color and it's not even the same color. I may never get over this.

Ditto, man.  I was starting to worry that I was getting annoying harping on the same subject, but I couldn't help but scream about it every time I saw it.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

I wish the Mariners could produce a consistent teal. I prefer the lighter, more light blue color since it's a nice contrast. I've seen many variations all around town though. 

fd31e549f4fc42b68b6a146816adb976.jpgSeattle-Mariners-MLB-Cooperstown-Retro-O626351%20MLB%20From%20Canada%20Seattle%2

Silver and white give you plenty of contrast.  No need to step in the same hole the Diamondbacks did.

57 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Wait...  Is that three graphite uniforms?  I'm not even going to harp on the strangeness of the vested alt, but the color choice is rough.  They need more color, not less.  And I have no idea why the Rockies would get the old taco-bell style caps.  Some teams have those in their history, but the Rockies are not one of them, and shouldn't be wearing them if there is a team in their division that has rights to wearing them.

That being said, the wordmark is beautiful.  While it has some faults, and is a bit too slight in some areas, the idea of going with an old 60's style font similar to the Minnesota Wild's throwback is great, and it works wonderfully.  Same for the pinstripes, although I'm unsure how cheap it would be to produce those on the reg.

The amount that doesn't change, though, does show how much good the Rockies have in this design, and that they just need some tweaks to freshen it up.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived