MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

15 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I think the Twins should get a more radical refresh. One that produces a new "TC," totally removes the "M" logo, and one that unifies the home/road look. A slightly tweaked version of this concept by @the admiral is basically what I'm talking about:

mK7oQc6.jpgBtMf4Lw.jpg

csAKyib.png

wJ7J7em.png

I'd clean up that "TC" logo and make the "Twins" script better match the "Minnesota" script, but Admiral's color balance (really differentiating the Twins and Indians, without altering their color scheme) and uniform design are basically what I'd want out of the team. Of course, Twins fans often freak out whenever anybody considers replacing the original "TC" with a new "TC," thinking it to be on the same level as any other classic interlocking letter logo (here's the scoop: it isn't).

I actually like that TC, I would just make it dual-colored. If they were to use it, it also would make more sense if they had the same current 'Twins' wordmark to go with it. I'd say pick one or the other.

I'm personally not a fan of the pinstripes, in part because I don't like them in general. I do really like how the white wordmark looks on the navy jerseys though. Overall, I'd be fine with the Twins being predominately navy.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The w and i on that old Twins script look like they're trying to get away from each other. I really don't like it. The 87/91 championship uniforms were great, especially the road pinstripes. Yeah I said I liked road pinstripes. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Random question, and I didn't want to start a separate thread to ask this, but does anyone know if a place to purchase the letters & numbers used on the replica jerseys? I've got a few blank jerseys, but it seems most team stores don't customize unless the jersey is purchased through them. And I'd rather not get a replica jersey customized with the legitimate tackle-twill that you see on field, especially since the replicas have the screen-printed tackle-twill look. Any leads or information is appreciated. 

T1oYViW.png

52 minutes ago, selby56 said:

Random question, and I didn't want to start a separate thread to ask this, but does anyone know if a place to purchase the letters & numbers used on the replica jerseys? I've got a few blank jerseys, but it seems most team stores don't customize unless the jersey is purchased through them. And I'd rather not get a replica jersey customized with the legitimate tackle-twill that you see on field, especially since the replicas have the screen-printed tackle-twill look. Any leads or information is appreciated. 

http://exclusivepro.com/

I haven't dealt with them in a long time, but their work would please any jersey enthusiast here.

On 4/10/2017 at 7:45 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

I think this is a myth, as a Marlins fan since their inception I never saw a change in the color teal. I've always heard this thought that the teal changed but I've seen no proof of that and I've been going to Marlins games and wearing Marlins merchandise since 1993.

The one thing that seems to make people think this too is just how different the quality of video and photographs were back in the 90s compared to now. So because of that the coloring is off. Do a quick search of the 93 Marlins and you'll find very different looking hues of the teal, some look green some look blue some light some dark etc etc but they were all the same.

And lastly even if the color changed in the end, it definitely wasn't blue, it was still a light blue-green color and I wouldn't call it just blue at all.

Did a quick search of 93 Marlins pics, check out the differences. I believe the most accurate hue is the one in the bottom center pic of Conine and Santiago high fiving... 

1491868126894.thumb.jpg.d873963aac7f8fc2cc77f1978edcfc72.jpg

Hang on- I'll show you what I mean. I got to pull my jerseys out of storage. It wasn't the same teal from even 2003 to 2011.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

On 4/17/2017 at 9:05 AM, twi said:

Those things are $100!? Can't imagine how that's justified. 

I don't know where he's getting $100 from. I took a quick glance through multiple sections of the Stance store website, and the most expensive I found was $45 in the premium dress socks section, but most of their stuff, including all their MLB socks, are in the $20-$24 range. Still a bit pricey for a pair of socks, but it's team branded, so it's gonna be more than typical.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

6 minutes ago, Matito said:

I don't know where he's getting $100 from. I took a quick glance through multiple sections of the Stance store website, and the most expensive I found was $45 in the premium dress socks section, but most of their stuff, including all their MLB socks, are in the $20-$24 range. Still a bit pricey for a pair of socks, but it's team branded, so it's gonna be more than typical.

To my knowledge the only things over $100 are box sets with multiple pairs of socks in them. For example they have a couple of different box sets for their Star Wars socks that both run for over $100 and last I checked they have an on-court box set collection for the Cavs which includes five different pairs of socks and runs for $99. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

http://exclusivepro.com/

I haven't dealt with them in a long time, but their work would please any jersey enthusiast here.

I've dealt with them before with my authentic jerseys, very happy with them. But do they have the "tackle-twill graphic" letters like you see on the replica jerseys? That is what I was asking about, my apologizes for an unclear post. I have blank replicas, so wanted to find the same letters they use on replica jerseys for the back of the jersey, for consistency. 

Edit: like what these letters/numbers are in the auction below. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Kenny-Lofton-Cleveland-Indians-Home-White-Cool-Base-Jersey-Mens-/391179533352?var=&hash=item5b141dfc28:m:muR7LKdVsCnVYKx9AS3U4mA

rsz.php?username=gsupanthers&image=Indians_Lofton7-detail2.jpg&size=520&gap=0

T1oYViW.png

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, WSU151 said:

Late 90s, mid-2000s I think.

This was best example on a quick search, and it's really hard to see...but if you look at the Y, in between the piping, you'll see rectangular stitching, which is where the velcro comes together.  

2505605433_1727fe34f1_o.png

This is kind of better (just coincidence that both are of Leiter)

pg2_g_leiter_600.jpg

The White Sox used Velcro on their jerseys as far back as around '95. You'd see a slight outline of single-row stitching for a small rectangle of Velcro. I only ever noticed it on the black jerseys because the white had the pinstripes and the gray had the script covering that area. Eventually (I think in 2000) they moved to evenly spaced-out buttons on the white and black, since they didn't need the empty space for script in the middle. I'm not sure if they still use Velcro on the grays or not.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

2 hours ago, hormone said:

What's with all these players wearing white cleats? I thought only the Oakland A's and the All-Star teams wore white cleats.

I noticed this with the Rays so far this year...maybe the rules were laxed.

1 hour ago, The Golden One said:

The rule is you have to wear the team color selected by your team, they have to do be a majority of that color. A's are only team to designate white cleats as their color.

I dont think they enforce this anymore. Guys wear whatever they want. 

Funny, it was just a few years ago brian wilson would have to color his cleats with sharpie to make it 90% black or whatever the percentage was supposed to be

Why are the Mariners using the slogan True To The Blue if they use 2 shades of blue and their most recognizable color is teal? I dunno, I know it still fits but out of all teams that wouldn't have been the team that I'd expect to use that slogan. Maybe the Dodgers, Royals or even Cubs. 

11 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

Even though I yearn for the days when the Marlins wore teal, I really do like their current road greys. The white wordmark on a grey uniform really works for me here. 

Every time I see it, the Marlins gray jersey gets closer and closer to becoming my favorite of theirs. It's just sharp looking. It's the right balance of them wanting to use black and wanting to be colorful because the gray is a perfect base for that. The white wordmark is a fabulous touch. You'd never think a white wordmark would work on a gray jersey but this one shows it can. Makes me wonder if any other teams could do it. 

Archived