MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HighCheese said:

WireAP_8565c206e28a4fbeb98cbc8a03a9a26a.

yangervis-solarte-of-the-san-diego-padre

i really like these padres socks

That design actually isn't exclusive to the Padres, but I do believe they're the only ones to wear them so far. Here are their team-specific socks:

IMG_3945.JPG.3d301e6d3b8a7279831e541adc48e222.JPGIMG_3944.JPG.7b1671eee413beee5ceabd351fbacc88.JPGThe tie dye ones are atrocious, but thankfully they haven't been worn (and probably won't be). I don't believe their other team-specific design has been worn yet either.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Speaking of socks, I'm going through the photos from the month of April to get a sense of team's habits so I can get the Wikipedia images right and give a full appraisal of the Stance movement.  I was going through Seattle's games when I cam across this.

james-mccann-of-the-detroit-tigers-hits-

I saw the memorial patch and stopped in my tracks, checking my drawings to make sure if the Mariners had a memorial patch.  No, they have another patch.  Did they switch halfway... at which point I realized they were the away team and that was a Tigers uniform.  They do look fairly similar from behind.  Either that or I'm just a bad uniform geek.

spacer.png

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Anyone know if/where you can get shirts with the old World Series logos on them? I'd love to get a 2008 one. 

There are a fair amount of Nike Pro baselayers on eBay. Sometimes in team colors but only the WS logo.

12 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Speaking of socks, I'm going through the photos from the month of April to get a sense of team's habits so I can get the Wikipedia images right and give a full appraisal of the Stance movement.  I was going through Seattle's games when I cam across this.

I saw the memorial patch and stopped in my tracks, checking my drawings to make sure if the Mariners had a memorial patch.  No, they have another patch.  Did they switch halfway... at which point I realized they were the away team and that was a Tigers uniform.  They do look fairly similar from behind.  Either that or I'm just a bad uniform geek.

The very first thing I noticed in the entire picture was the teal on the catchers equipment.. But they do look similar from behind 

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:
2 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

The very first thing I noticed in the entire picture was the teal on the catchers equipment.. But they do look similar from behind

Wait, you guys think the Tigers and Mariners look similar from the back?  I can't understand that, simply because Detroit has varsity numbers.  

Also, the Tigers' blue is nearly black; it is way darker than any colour the Mariners use.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

45 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Wait, you guys think the Tigers and Mariners look similar from the back?  I can't understand that, simply because Detroit has varsity numbers.  

Also, the Tigers' blue is nearly black; it is way darker than any colour the Mariners use.

Both teams actually use the darker navy for their uniforms and caps. The lighter navy is often used by both teams for the dugout jackets, pullovers, sweatshirts, undershirts, and other equipment, and the Mariners even use it for their navy alts, but other than that they both use the darker shade for their caps and on their jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Even though it's bland, it is a good look

It's not a bad look.

The Padres absolutely need to change but if an acceptably monochromatic team adopted something like the Padres home and alt jerseys (the bowtie's a bit specific), they'd be welcome additions. Detroit, in particular, would do well to steal the Padres' blue alt.

18 minutes ago, upperV03 said:
58 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Both teams actually use the darker navy for their uniforms and caps. The lighter navy is often used by both teams for the dugout jackets, pullovers, sweatshirts, undershirts, and other equipment, and the Mariners even use it for their navy alts, but other than that they both use the darker shade for their caps and on their jerseys.

Wow.  This comes as a huge surprise to me.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

7 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Speaking of socks, I'm going through the photos from the month of April to get a sense of team's habits so I can get the Wikipedia images right and give a full appraisal of the Stance movement. 

Are you going to include the various Stance socks in the teams' Wikipedia pages? Given all the variations, and that teams aren't necessarily wearing them, how will that be feasible?

On 5/5/2017 at 11:24 AM, insert name said:

Thoughts? I think a baseball diamond in the background would upgrade the logo.

2017-World-Series-Logo-Spotted.jpg

2017-World-Series-Logo-590x567.jpg

2017-MLB-Postseason-Logo-590x195.jpg

I really don't get what they were trying to accomplish with that "beveling." Also, the gradient trophy in the background is not going to transfer over well to a patch. Overall, this looks like something that would get laughed out of the Concepts forum.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

11 hours ago, HighCheese said:

This set needs the Swingin' Friar on the sleeve big time. 

I mean yeah it needs brown and gold or sand too, but if we can't have that, at least give us the Swingin' Friar back. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

12 hours ago, HighCheese said:

The biggest problem with these socks is that it actually introduces a new shade blue to the team and that doesn't fit the team. The socks have both navy and a lighter navy and it doesn't work for me. No team uses two shades of navy unless we count the awkward thing that the Mariners and Red Sox do when their pullovers and jackets have a lighter navy than their caps, socks, and jerseys. 

13 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Man, that's a bland look.

Completely lifeless. I don't understand why a team would choose to wear an identity that is so devoid of any defining characteristics. Every other team has their "thing". Even the other blue and white teams all have a thing that separates them from each other. The Yankees have pinstripes. The Tigers have the old english D and use orange on the road. The Padres have nothing and it's because they choose to have nothing. That's the worst part they choose to be completely invisible when they have a uniform history that has a lot of good to choose from, when even last year they inexplicably wore uniforms for one season that had some semblance of personality and direction and they dropped that for whatever this is trying to do. It's stupid. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

To me the biggest difference between the Tigers and Mariners from behind is the Mariners' teal and silver outlines on both the names and numbers. That's a pretty huge difference to me.

I was going from gallery to gallery over the 27 game galleries in April looking for what was on the socks.  I saw the basic design, and the fact that home was in shade, I kinda assumed the teal and blue were in shade and dark enough to blend.  In the end, I was just surprised at how classic design and the 90's modernish design look similar when you just look from behind.

Side note, I looked for a player who played for both and tried to find images of both jerseys to compare side-to-side.  Finding the back of Charlie Furbush's Detroit uniform was hard, though.  As I went through thumbnails on the image search, I finally came across this image of his uniform hung up in Detroit.

...then I realized there was an S on his chest and this was his Mariners uniform.

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Are you going to include the various Stance socks in the teams' Wikipedia pages? Given all the variations, and that teams aren't necessarily wearing them, how will that be feasible?

I'm about halfway through the league looking through the Getty images, and most teams do have a rather standard way of wearing them.  There are one or two stragglers, though.  I'm going with the majority for each uniform.  Except for the A's, who just wear random amongst their players.  I just took the four styles they wear and gave one to each uniform depending on when those guys wore them.

I skipped the East when I realized the Rays were coming up.  I'll go back and do them last.  Might end up having to do what I did with the A's.

spacer.png

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:
6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I'm about halfway through the league looking through the Getty images, and most teams do have a rather standard way of wearing them.  There are one or two stragglers, though.  I'm going with the majority for each uniform.  Except for the A's, who just wear random amongst their players.  I just took the four styles they wear and gave one to each uniform depending on when those guys wore them.

But how is that not OR?

15 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

The trim (or no trim for the Tigers) probably was the first thing I see that helps me easily distinguish 

cabrera-tigers-homer-apjpg-0653fe8feb9b8

04212015-mariners36-1560x1040.jpg

Go A's!

Archived