MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

Loria is responsible for the new uniforms and he likes orange so I'm not sure we can blame him for the disappearance for the orange caps. It's not out of the question to think he may love the orange caps and it's the players who didn't want them and he just let them choose what they want to wear. Just saying.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Loria is responsible for the new uniforms and he likes orange so I'm not sure we can blame him for the disappearance for the orange caps. It's not out of the question to think he may love the orange caps and it's the players who didn't want them and he just let them choose what they want to wear. Just saying.

Throughout his tenure he emphasized black more and more until the Marlins were the White Sox prior to the new uniforms. And of course the black unis remained as primary. Until he's gone black will remain the focus unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Throughout his tenure he emphasized black more and more until the Marlins were the White Sox prior to the new uniforms. And of course the black unis remained as primary. Until he's gone black will remain the focus unfortunately. 

He does love black but he does love orange. The Marlins barely used any orange until he took over and then it started being used more and more leading to the reband. It's not so much that he was emphasizing black as much as he was getting rid of the teal, which he doesn't like. He had a huge part in creating and designing the new uniforms so he was perfectly fine with the orange cap. I know he loves black but there's no way to convince me that he's the reason that orange cap is essentially gone. 

On 5/12/2017 at 3:44 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

It's been years since it was actually said but it has been noted that that cap is the best selling piece of Marlins merchandise... why don't they wear it is beyond everyone.

That's the reason why it remains as part of their set. Sames as the hanging red sox socks, and Rockies all purple hat.

14 hours ago, WSU151 said:

7229_4ak_55skouf_1_l.jpg

Beautiful. To me, that's the best Dodgers jersey that ever was. I don't know why they aren't still wearing it. (I'm a fan of NNOB, and unlike the 06-07 attempt, this one is actually done properly).

On 5/14/2017 at 1:36 PM, SFGiants58 said:

I have the solution. Add more of an outline to a white version of the elephant logo! The outline improves visibility, and allows it to be used on the home uniforms.

OAK_ElephantTest.thumb.png.f09c6d569112457f615623a31c192164.png

That would help the logo stay more in line with it's origin story, per the team's official website:

I like the white elephant at home (and on yellow or green alternates), but I'd rather see the primary roundel on the road. White on grey looks worse than white on white, go fig

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 hours ago, Quillz said:

Are the Royals going to hang onto their jerseys with the gold numerals and trim? It doesn't look as good as I thought it would, despite that being a team color.

I think the problem is that they're using a lighter gold tone, of what their gold tone should be.

fmrl2b6xf5hruiike42gn62yu.png

Courtesy_Royals_Hosmer-and-Perez-Gold-Th

Individually and off the field almost all the mothers day gear looks great. I bought my wife one of the mothers day caps for her birthday, which is right before mothers day, and she loved it. Being able to wear our teams logo in pink once in a while is cool. The jerseys are fun for moms and grandmothers to wear, and even for guys on that day to support the moms. And the socks are fine for these trendy cool kids now that like the high socks fad in their regular everyday clothes...

But on the field???? This is all starting to be too much to process.

And my biggest problem with this is that with so much pink everywhere now (it used to just be bats, wrist bands, cleats, accessories, and then caps but now it's on caps, jerseys, numbers, wordmarks, sleeve patches, belts, socks, and cleats) now it's so hard to actually tell which team is which at a glance.

Go watch any highlight shows mothers day and it's not easy to decipher which teams are which as the action is shown on the screen. I had a hard time differentiating the teams in the one game I was watching on Mothers day and I knew who was playing and where they were playing. Of course there's ways to figure it out but I was at a family BBQ and the game was on and as I'm walking around socializing with my family, several times as I peeked up at the tv screen I'd have to process several things to realize which team was where. It's not the instant recognition that you usually get in a regular game. 

15 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

And my biggest problem with this is that with so much pink everywhere now (it used to just be bats, wrist bands, cleats, accessories, and then caps but now it's on caps, jerseys, numbers, wordmarks, sleeve patches, belts, socks, and cleats) now it's so hard to actually tell which team is which at a glance.

Go watch any highlight shows mothers day and it's not easy to decipher which teams are which as the action is shown on the screen. I had a hard time differentiating the teams in the one game I was watching on Mothers day and I knew who was playing and where they were playing. Of course there's ways to figure it out but I was at a family BBQ and the game was on and as I'm walking around socializing with my family, several times as I peeked up at the tv screen I'd have to process several things to realize which team was where. It's not the instant recognition that you usually get in a regular game. 

I felt the same way watching the Orioles and Royals.  Since they both had pink script wordmarks on their chest, the only way to tell apart with a quick glance was white vs. gray.  At least once, I had to think about it for a second or two after walking out of the room for a few minutes.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

4 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I felt the same way watching the Orioles and Royals.  Since they both had pink script wordmarks on their chest, the only way to tell apart with a quick glance was white vs. gray.  At least once, I had to think about it for a second or two after walking out of the room for a few minutes.

Exactly this. The white vs gray wasn't even enough especially in day games. ALL teams had white or gray jerseys with pink wordmarks and numbers and sleeve patches... gray crown caps with pink bills... and generally the same sock designs. There was almost nothing to differentiate them as far as colors. A nightmare. 

7 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Exactly this. The white vs gray wasn't even enough especially in day games. ALL teams had white or gray jerseys with pink wordmarks and numbers and sleeve patches... gray crown caps with pink bills... and generally the same sock designs. There was almost nothing to differentiate them as far as colors. A nightmare. 

MLB as become a clown show. a pink bat ,wrist band and the breast cancer patch on the chest and hat should be enough. but it won't go away, why? because fans buy the stupid merchandise 

18 hours ago, Quillz said:

Beautiful. To me, that's the best Dodgers jersey that ever was. I don't know why they aren't still wearing it. (I'm a fan of NNOB, and unlike the 06-07 attempt, this one is actually done properly).

Not sure that's a great example of how to do NNOB.  The numbers are still too low - it looks like the NOB is missing, rather than intentionally left out.

Here's a better example of how to pull it off:

ff_2205527_full.jpg    13635b_robin_roberts.jpg

7229sah_4af_48rrobe_w.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I just want to point out something I never noticed... the KC has black drop shadow. That really bothers me now.

That was added in 2002 to go alongside the black alternate jerseys. The black jerseys have been dropped since then, but management seems to have forgotten to update the logo yet again.

Archived