MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

16 minutes ago, Quillz said:

That was added in 2002 to go alongside the black alternate jerseys. The black jerseys have been dropped since then, but management seems to have forgotten to update the logo yet again.

Some (if not all) of their non-black jerseys had black drop shadows then too.

GettyImages-52346922.0.jpg

ROYALS_Zach_Greinke_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba448

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I just want to point out something I never noticed... the KC has black drop shadow. That really bothers me now.

Removing the drop shadow would really improve the logo, as all of the elements would be flat again.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Some (if not all) of their non-black jerseys had black drop shadows then too.

GettyImages-52346922.0.jpg

ROYALS_Zach_Greinke_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba448

Ah, didn't notice it applied to all their logos. I see the Royals also fell victim to BFBS in the early 00s.

Just now, WSU151 said:

Removing the drop shadow would really improve the logo, as all of the elements would be flat again.

Yeah, I'm surprised the Royals haven't done this. It makes the logo stick out in a bad way from the rest of their identity, and the logo itself is inconsistent since all the other elements are flat. For a team that has a pretty solid identity, I don't know why this logo hasn't been altered yet.

The cardinals are wearing 1967 throwbacks tonight and I think I like the old-style, less detailed Birds-on-Bat better than modern ones. The era-appropriate very short sleeves are a nice touch too.

7 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

The cardinals are wearing 1967 throwbacks tonight and I think I like the old-style, less detailed Birds-on-Bat better than modern ones. The era-appropriate very short sleeves are a nice touch too.

In recent years, the birds on the bat have become too big.

7 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

They should really bring back the piping on the pants as well.  That looked good last night.

9 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

It would have been nice if all of the Red Sox had worn the old school socks instead of the solid red ones.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

13 hours ago, Quillz said:

Ah, didn't notice it applied to all their logos. I see the Royals also fell victim to BFBS in the early 00s.

This probably counts as an unpopular opinion, but I think the Royals' dropshadow uniforms looked really good.  At a minimum, the dropshadows helped distinguish their look from the Dodgers.

Also, in a vacuum, I loved their black hat with the blue bill.  The white logo looks really clean on that hat, unlike the Mets black and blue hat, which had a nearly illegible blue logo with an orange outline.  It doesn't seem right for the Royals to have a hat that isn't solid blue, but I think it's a really good looking hat.

kansas-city-royals-black-royal-black-swenew-york-mets-1999-2006-old-authentic-59

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

They should really bring back the piping on the pants as well.  That looked good last night.

I agree, that uni looked great. Saw some wishing the Red Sox would go back to that road uni but I'm not in that camp. Their current ones are superior. If they would just use those socks full time. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

55 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

This probably counts as an unpopular opinion, but I think the Royals' dropshadow uniforms looked really good.  At a minimum, the dropshadows helped distinguish their look from the Dodgers.

Also, in a vacuum, I loved their black hat with the blue bill.  The white logo looks really clean on that hat, unlike the Mets black and blue hat, which had a nearly illegible blue logo with an orange outline.  It doesn't seem right for the Royals to have a hat that isn't solid blue, but I think it's a really good looking hat.

kansas-city-royals-black-royal-black-swenew-york-mets-1999-2006-old-authentic-59

You know, I'd say the same thing about that lets hat. 

Is it the cap that the let's should be wearing, nah. Is it still my favourite Mets hat, with the matching jersey being my favourite as well? Absolutely. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

They're both good fashion caps. I still wear my Black and Blue Mets hat from time to time. It's crazy looking back on how that was THE primary hat in the 2000s for the Mets. 

XM4KeeA.png

I just got an email about the American flag caps (not sure if these are the official on field caps or just fashion), but does anyone know why the Angels cap has the 90's logo?

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 10.38.26 AM.png

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

4 minutes ago, CardsFan79 said:

I just got an email about the American flag caps (not sure if these are the official on field caps or just fashion), but does anyone know why the Angels cap has the 90's logo?

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 10.38.26 AM.png

Fashion cap, which is why they have the old logo.   Not bad though.   

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Fashion cap, which is why they have the old logo.   Not bad though.   

Thanks.  The more I thought about it, I figured it was a fashion cap, but I thought it was odd that the Angels cap was the only one that was using an old logo.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

Man, ever since the Astros moved to the American League, my excitement for Interleague games aren't the same since it happens every other week now. Wish there was a way to make Interleague games only for the Summer again.

XM4KeeA.png

22 minutes ago, insert name said:

Man, ever since the Astros moved to the American League, my excitement for Interleague games aren't the same since it happens every other week now. Wish there was a way to make Interleague games only for the Summer again.

Interleague pretty much happens every day now...!  One series has to be interleague.  I guess on some Mondays and Thursdays you can have regular league play, but it's rare.  

Archived