MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All star game jerseys are garbage this year, the team's regular sleeve patch is replaced by a plastic star with a number.

All star game patch on the other sleeve. 

Gone is the signature and stars on the bottom front, and the star on each side of the batter logo on the back is gone as well.

This jersey is not worth $370 imo

ff_2857329alt2_full.jpg&w=600

ff_2857329alt3_full.jpg&w=600

25 minutes ago, Surf said:

All star game jerseys are garbage this year, the team's regular sleeve patch is replaced by a plastic star with a number.

All star game patch on the other sleeve. 

Gone is the signature and stars on the bottom front, and the star on each side of the batter logo on the back is gone as well.

This jersey is not worth $370 imo

ff_2857329alt2_full.jpg&w=600

ff_2857329alt3_full.jpg&w=600

What do the numbers even mean?

Edit: Oh, I think it means the number of All-Star appearances.

XM4KeeA.png

A's won't be in S&S unis today. They're gonna be in their 2000 throwbacks.

It looks awful as a jersey associated with the A's but as a separate jersey, it's passable. Too bad it doesn't appear to have the sleeve patch from that era either. 

Go A's!

1 hour ago, Michael Bolton said:

The Braves are wearing the red-brimmed hats again today in Oakland. Hopefully they are here to stay.

This is the look they should stick with. At least for this 2000 throwback game, that cap helps make the time period accurate. 

Go A's!

On 6/28/2017 at 1:49 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

And as for the all star game cap itself, my wife was with me, she saw them and she said Oooh I like this one! I said 'yeah? Those are the ones the players are gonna wear during the ASG' and she said "Wait the players are wearing these??? Eww forget it then, I liked them for me because it looks like a cap for girls." I said "what do you mean for girls?" She said "Yeah with the shiny gold color and the cute stars I thought it was for girls."

On 6/28/2017 at 2:26 PM, RichO said:

I'm going to go ahead and say no, little stars and a shiny squatchee are not even remotely gendered elements.

I'm more taken aback and slightly upset at the idea of "Oh, that's what the guys wear?   Well, screw that because I'm a giiiiiirl.

On 6/30/2017 at 7:53 AM, kroywen said:

I just wish they would emphasize the gorgeous and unique shade of blue (which also pairs so well with both their orange and yellow), rather than being so black-heavy. Using black as a backdrop to an array of bright colors is smart! (And very Miami as well.) But making it their primary color? It's a missed opportunity.

This is my biggest sticking point with the Marlins (besides the inconsistency in serifs and shadows).  The whole thing is supposed to show off the bright colors of Miami... and they spend most of their time focused on black.

18 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

If it were my choice, I'd keep the all blue cap and use it with the blue jersey, and occasionally wear it with the gray set...perhaps one game each series, or less (depending on how often the blue jersey is worn).

If it we're my choice, the red-less blue jersey would be gone totally.

17 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

The Cardinals wore their navy caps for their series in Arizona despite the fact that the DBacks rarely wear their red caps. I know, I know, going back to the navy caps full time is an unpopular opinion. 

IMG_2586.JPG

5 hours ago, Surf said:

I don't think it's unpopular as much as it is controversial.   There are sides that seem about even, right alongside the Anaheim/Los Angeles debate, the NOB/NNOB debate, and the debate over the best look for the Padres/Astros/apparently the Marlins.

The mobile site hates dealing with quote boxes, so things got all squirrelly there.   But while the details of the all-star uniform aren't as high quality as previous years, I'm just glad we're still seeing the regular home whites and away grays.

Meanwhile, while watching today's games, how are some teams getting out from under the thumb of the special event uni?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Huh.   Read that article about flag patches and was curious about this "flag dipping" thing, which led to me reading the Flag Code.   Found this on it...

• The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations.

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

It looks awful as a jersey associated with the A's but as a separate jersey, it's passable. Too bad it doesn't appear to have the sleeve patch from that era either. 

Ironically, Zito never wore #75 in those unis...and never could.

They were only around for one year--2000, Zito's rookie year in which he wore #53. I'm trying to find a picture of him wearing one in a game, but I'm sure it's lost to history whether he did or not.

On a separate note, God I miss the big three of Hudson/Mulder/Zito.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

4 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

In 2000, the A's sleeve patch on that jersey was an anniversary patch, so perhaps they were conflicted on putting the anniversary patch on them this year.

87434-6292716Fr.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Ironically, Zito never wore #75 in those unis...and never could.

They were only around for one year--2000, Zito's rookie year in which he wore #53. I'm trying to find a picture of him wearing one in a game, but I'm sure it's lost to history whether he did or not.

On a separate note, God I miss the big three of Hudson/Mulder/Zito.

Maybe if this was the player in the wrong uniform thread you would have a point but it's not. He's recognized and played the majority of his career in 75, him not wearing the number from rookie season is a fairly insignificant detail considering the day.

Archived