TVIXX

MLB Changes 2017

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

In 2000, the A's sleeve patch on that jersey was an anniversary patch, so perhaps they were conflicted on putting the anniversary patch on them this year.

 

87434-6292716Fr.jpg

You're probably right, but I figure if teams are gonna go throwback, keep the time appropriate patches. The 1976 bicentennial patches are among my very favorite attributes of the Red Sox pullover throwbacks, for example, even if it makes no sense for Mookie Betts to wear that patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Digby said:

You're probably right, but I figure if teams are gonna go throwback, keep the time appropriate patches. The 1976 bicentennial patches are among my very favorite attributes of the Red Sox pullover throwbacks, for example, even if it makes no sense for Mookie Betts to wear that patch.

 

And I think the White Sox wear the '83 All Star game patch on their throwbacks. Seems like it would make sense to wear the patch if the goal is to throw back to a specific year.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

But didn't wear their navy ones last night. I guess they're just using them throughout this series. 

http://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/braves-break-out-their-red-billed-home-caps-the-road/h6hHfnjPYuDpGb7V3CG8SJ/

Quote

The reason for the change? The Athletics wore black throwback jerseys they debuted in 2000 as an alternate uniform in their 30th season in Oakland. The Braves’ road uniforms were the same back then as now with the exception of the cap – at that time they wore the blue cap with red bill for all games, home and road.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

In 2000, the A's sleeve patch on that jersey was an anniversary patch, so perhaps they were conflicted on putting the anniversary patch on them this year.

 

87434-6292716Fr.jpg

Apparently picture day wasn't a sell out...

 

 

 

(Yes, I know that's just a game shot behind his head shot)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZipperClub said:

CWS just mixing all kinds of stuff together.

 

IMG_0772.PNG

 

confused-animated-clipart-11.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Huh.   Read that article about flag patches and was curious about this "flag dipping" thing, which led to me reading the Flag Code.   Found this on it...

 

  • The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations.

Well Baseball IS America's pastime, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone catch what the Marlins were wearing last night? Orange with their road grays that doesn't happen too often right? 

 

EDIT: I'm an idiot. It was Stanton's orange long sleeve he was wearing under his jersey that made the red appear more orange in the low quality highlights I was watching on the internet last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kestrel79 said:

Anyone catch what the Marlins were wearing last night? Orange with their road grays that doesn't happen too often right? 

They weren't wearing any orange, they were just wearing the 4th of July set:

IMG_5697.thumb.JPG.d24b5880a795d37b423cbe4f8ab8cd95.JPGIMG_5698.thumb.JPG.ac013752dc6aa3a9a42929e5c2dfd07d.JPGIMG_5699.thumb.JPG.d61107000184f1c5be3737368278d409.JPGIMG_5700.thumb.JPG.47a381ceddf3c27df433811c6cfc74cf.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dont care said:

Does the 4 always have that slash in it?

Yes, but it usually has the drop shadow as well:

IMG_5704.JPG.753c9a679d8073b0e4db238ae89a60d8.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Surf said:

Man,  #99 looks awful on a baseball jersey, especially a Yankee jersey!

Unless judge decides to change it you'll be seeing a lot of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

They weren't wearing any orange, they were just wearing the 4th of July set:

IMG_5697.thumb.JPG.d24b5880a795d37b423cbe4f8ab8cd95.JPGIMG_5698.thumb.JPG.ac013752dc6aa3a9a42929e5c2dfd07d.JPGIMG_5699.thumb.JPG.d61107000184f1c5be3737368278d409.JPGIMG_5700.thumb.JPG.47a381ceddf3c27df433811c6cfc74cf.JPG

 

It was my one Brewers game this year, and I saw the Marlins in their clownish flag uniforms against the Brewers in their hideous gold Cerveceros alternates.  

 

Joe DiMaggio was right.  What a sorry state of affairs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

They weren't wearing any orange, they were just wearing the 4th of July set:

IMG_5697.thumb.JPG.d24b5880a795d37b423cbe4f8ab8cd95.JPGIMG_5698.thumb.JPG.ac013752dc6aa3a9a42929e5c2dfd07d.JPGIMG_5699.thumb.JPG.d61107000184f1c5be3737368278d409.JPGIMG_5700.thumb.JPG.47a381ceddf3c27df433811c6cfc74cf.JPG

After seeing these, I'm convinced orange lettering and numbers could work on the road grays...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Surf said:

Man,  #99 looks awful on a baseball jersey, especially a Yankee jersey!

IMO it looks fine because hes such a large human. If he were some 5'10 175 pound player then it probably wouldn't look good, but it works for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.