MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2720204-baseball-jerseys-custom-mlb-redesigns

4b8fbaf9ba824bbd818c0421cd9275ed_crop_ex

I've always been intrigued by the idea of adding some red to the White Sox uniform. Adds a little life to it, and would make a nice connection with the Bulls and Blackhawks. The current look is sharp, but it can get boring at times. I would rather see them go with something this, though:

7229_405_59ewynn_1_l.jpg

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/6/2017 at 6:45 PM, daveindc said:

As someone who wasn't alive to see the Senators play, that was my initial reaction to the curly W. For those who were there to root the Senators on before the team was yanked from them, bringing baseball back to DC along with that logo back was justice.

As someone who did see the Senators at RFK, the above post is spot on.  I wish they could have brought back that name as well, rather than the Nats (as it's easy to disparage them by calling them Gnats).

8 hours ago, daveindc said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2720204-baseball-jerseys-custom-mlb-redesigns

4b8fbaf9ba824bbd818c0421cd9275ed_crop_ex

I've always been intrigued by the idea of adding some red to the White Sox uniform. Adds a little life to it, and would make a nice connection with the Bulls and Blackhawks. The current look is sharp, but it can get boring at times. I would rather see them go with something this, though:

7229_405_59ewynn_1_l.jpg

Don't like it, it would be like adding red to the Yankee jersey.  Sacrilege 

Sox home jersey is almost as great as Yankees home.

5 hours ago, Surf said:

That's not even close to the same thing. Those black and red uniforms were actually worn during their history.

1 hour ago, Surf said:

The White Sox uniform isn't even old enough to get the term "sacrilege." It's a modern classic, yes, but the team can survive getting new uniforms unlike the Yankees.

bSLCtu2.png

15 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Bleacher Report is doing some just for fun articles on 15 ways to make baseball more fun and one talks about redesigning uniforms and they chose 5 teams to redesign and they included pics of all 5 concepts. 4 of them are either pretty bland or are just common recolorations that we've already seen, such as making the Padres brown and yellow. But this one really stood out to me and I wanted to know what you all thought about this idea... 

Screenshot_20170707-151024.thumb.jpg.c346aa2e8b5b31153d8e22ddf6e5aab5.jpg

Their concept was simple, make the unique Marlins blue the primary color, make the red orange a secondary, make the wordmark more of an art deco South Beach look and bring back the same classic fish just recolored. Found interesting they said they weren't too big on the classic 90s teal and black looks. 

This looks great and appropriate for both the city and the name buuuuuuut blue and orange is a color combination that already exists in the NL East. 

One thing about the #bringbackthebrown movement for the Padres is creativity in concepts doesn't seem to extend very far behind putting whatever design element that's available on the main page in brown and calling it a day. That BR concept is a mess and not actually better than the Padres' current alt (brown or blue). Why keep the dumb double piping? Why go brown-on-brown with the jerseys when you've also gone yellow-on-brown with the hat?

54 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

This looks great and appropriate for both the city and the name buuuuuuut blue and orange is a color combination that already exists in the NL East. 

And there are two navy and red teams in the NL East.  The Marlins blue is so different from the Mets' blue it doesn't really matter.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

And there are two navy and red teams in the NL East.  The Marlins blue is so different from the Mets' blue it doesn't really matter.

There's a navy and red team and a red and navy team. That's more than a technicality. 

Just now, Ray Lankford said:

There's a navy and red team and a red and navy team. That's more than a technicality. 

The red and navy team will wear navy hats more than 50% of the time this year.  

1 minute ago, Ray Lankford said:

With red sleeves and socks, and even with a red jersey every now and then.

Also, two wrongs don't make a right.

Seeing the Marlins in that awesome blue seems more right than having them in boring old black.

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The White Sox uniform isn't even old enough to get the term "sacrilege." It's a modern classic, yes, but the team can survive getting new uniforms unlike the Yankees.

At this point, I'm not so sure about that. They finally settled on an identity after years and years of identity musical chairs. Not only that, but they finally settled on the right one. And for probably the first time in franchise history, an entire generation only knows, save really small tweaks, one White Sox look. They would be a whole lot better off standing pat* and not venturing into more change at the risk of undoing the strength of their brand.

*Except they can drop the overrated 80's throwbacks yesterday

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

The boring old black that they've worn for over 20 years and won two World Series in.

Well they also wore teal when they won two World Series, but dropped that.  They don't have to drop black completely, just promote the blue.  

53 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Image result for phillies padres 2017

Phillies wearing some of the best throwbacks in baseball last night.

The Padres also participated in the throwback celebration (although they wore their current alt helmets)

59604af029aef.image.jpg

Padres_Phillies_Baseball_31069.jpg

Archived