MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

7 hours ago, zigbazah said:

No, symbolic in that these players were once little kids who dreamed of the Big Leagues.

Symbolic definitely is not the word I'd use.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Those players were also once horny teenagers perpetually lusting after an endless series of members of whatever sex they find attractive.  Shall we commemorate that next?

Good thing professional ballplayers stop perpetually lusting

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Do you like the 1987 wordmark better than the 2010 update?  It was subtle but I think it was an upgrade for eliminating the clunky "s" alone.

Wow...  How have I never known until just this moment that there was any difference whatsoever?

fwgggc99zpw9efnh2q5w1gee8.gif gzv750saeqno8z7le7dnq1fa8.gif

The team has taken a step out of the shade, playing at home in the sunlight for the first time in decades.  The Homerdome set has become so attached to that place (so much so that I refer to it by the venue's nickname) that it just kind of feels like it belongs to that.  It's like the Cardinals' and Phillies' powder blues fitting their cookie-cutter homes more than their current ones.

I like the evolution that the uniforms have taken when stepping out of the light.  At least, I like the idea of it.  I don't fully agree with the execution, as I'd said earlier.  The gold works well with the limestone aesthetic of Target Field.  I like the switch to a navy wordmark.  The team was wearing the Killebrew throwbacks more and more, especially with the loss of him.  I absolutely hate the wordmark on those.  It's so lopsided and awkward.  I love the current wordmark because I think it's a perfect mix between these two looks, a modernization of both while paying homage to the classic look.

5cfvdofq9r9kofwjd5ofygngj.gif fwgggc99zpw9efnh2q5w1gee8.gif

The only thing that's missing is the pinstripes.  Out of the team's 55 years in Minnesota, 38 were spent in pinstripes.  You can say that it's mixing these two identities with the 70's set.  I'd just like to see it, though.  It would help them stand out.

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Those players were also once horny teenagers perpetually lusting after an endless series of members of whatever sex they find attractive.  Shall we commemorate that next?

Coming next year: a set of colorful, flavored, latex caps for the entire league.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 7/21/2017 at 4:09 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Bright colored caps? I bet you the Padres still wear navy caps. 

And you know, for once I'm ok with that. I'd rather they wear a bland navy cap then dress up like a reject 80's cover band.

20 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

What's more, the disembodied tail makes no sense at all. (The underline on the home wordmark is OK because the lettering is not cursive; here it looks like someone erased part of it.)

The underline on the home wordmark also has a very intentional purpose - it underlines the "win" in Twins. I don't know why "innesot" needs extra attention on the road wordmark. 

I'd like the road wordmark a lot more if they tried to match the lettering to the home wordmark. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

The underline on the home wordmark also has a very intentional purpose - it underlines the "win" in Twins. I don't know why "innesot" needs extra attention on the road wordmark. 

I'd like the road wordmark a lot more if they tried to match the lettering to the home wordmark. 

"Innesot" sounds like the sound it would make when two conjoined twin elephants connected at the trunk try to trumpet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, ZipperClub said:

Willson Contreras is wearing Venezuelan flag compression sleeves. It looks regoddangdiculous.

Eh when you have guys like cespedes wear volt compression sleeves and a few others also wearing flag sleeves I am not surprised anymore.

1 hour ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

"Innesot" sounds like the sound it would make when two conjoined twin elephants connected at the trunk try to trumpet.

I know as well as anyone that they can't all be winners.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

40 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I know as well as anyone that they can't all be winners.

I can't take credit for that one.  I was just making reference to one of the most legendary improvisations of all time.

EDIT: Side note, Tim Conway appears to be wearing one of the Little League World Series commemorative caps.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Please forgive me if this isn't the thread for this question, but I've always wondered; 

Are MLB players permitted to wear New Era 59fifty, 59fifty Low Profile, or 39thirty style hats on the field?

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

12 minutes ago, Fassy said:

Please forgive me if this isn't the thread for this question, but I've always wondered; 

Are MLB players permitted to wear New Era 59fifty, 59fifty Low Profile, or 39thirty style hats on the field?

59fifty and low profile. 

XM4KeeA.png

12 minutes ago, Fassy said:

Yes on the low profile 59fifties. 

The last player that I know of who wore a 39Thirty was Kenny Rogers and he had to color a Tigers BP cap (39Thirties at the time) to look like a 59Fifty.

5 hours ago, Bmac said:

The new BP cap material for next season is probably going to cause quite a stir on this site...

HR Derby Honeycomb, or the marled heather?  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived