MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

14 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Not the HR Derby material or the Shadow Tech heather material. Brand new name and material on the way. New BP hats for everyone in 2018.

Have you seen a preview of it (probably in digital form at this point), and if so, were you pleasantly surprised?  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New BP cap material again? Just as I was getting used to the diamond era material. This is getting silly. I get that this mostly comes down to money making and I can also see the side where it might be "improving the material for optimal player comfort and performance" but there comes a point where if you are so frequently coming up with improvements or "better" material in terms of comfort and performance then you're constantly telling me that the current one sucks right?

Like if diamond era was supposed to be the best thing ever and now you're coming out with a newer one then why should I spend money on this when the pattern here tells me there's gonna be an even newer material 2 to 3 years after this?

I know this is all crap at the end of the day but some stability and conviction would be nice. 

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

New BP cap material again? Just as I was getting used to the diamond era material. This is getting silly. I get that this mostly comes down to money making and I can also see the side where it might be "improving the material for optimal player comfort and performance" but there comes a point where if you are so frequently coming up with improvements or "better" material in terms of comfort and performance then you're constantly telling me that the current one sucks right?

Like if diamond era was supposed to be the best thing ever and now you're coming out with a newer one then why should I spend money on this when the pattern here tells me there's gonna be an even newer material 2 to 3 years after this?

I know this is all crap at the end of the day but some stability and conviction would be nice. 

5 hours ago, Bmac said:

Haven't seen any images yet.

By "cause a stir" I meant more because of all new BP caps again.

I'll see the digital versions sometime between November and January, and I imagine the caps will come out in February.

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I'll guess that it's going to be this hideous looking material.

ff_2832762_full.jpg

Nope - @Bmac said it won't be the HR Derby material.  Something brand new.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

They probably figure a BP cap's price per year is pretty low and affordable, and thus, the more years you can make a new purchase, the better.  Athletic material is always about innovation.  That won't change.

5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Can't help play the Devil's Advocate.  This reasoning with anything makes sense, but given the constant procession, what's even better will come after that.  In the end, you end up without a hat.

It's best to just buy what you like and screw whatever's new.  Or do what I do and buy the same old snap-backs I've worn since I was a kid.  Fitted caps never feel as snug and safe.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Random - the 4th of July socks, Home Run Derby socks, and ASG socks next year will likely be pretty similar.   

Really nice logo.  9/10 (or better)

LOVE the 2018 All-Star logo. Now, here's to hoping the rest of the uniforms follow suit! I'm hoping I can find tickets to the week's festivities. 

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

Archived