MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

The Marlins are having a throwback day this Sunday. No word on whether or not they will be wearing throwback uniforms though. 

I don't think they are. It seems the theme of the game that day is 90s throwback but nothing has said it will be on the field. It's most likely just things like scoreboard graphics and the music played between innings and whoever throws out the first pitch being 90s related. I'd be pretty surprised if throwback uniforms show up pretty much out of nowhere on Sunday. 

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think MLB started looking like Little Leaguers when they paired solid color jerseys with white and gray pants.  Even the A's green over greens, the Pirates yellow over yellows, and the Indians Bloody Mary sets looked better.  I've always felt that baseball uniforms should be the same color, jersey and pants, preferably white/white or gray/gray.

99% of these nicknames probably weren't actually selected by the players right?  I'm strongly assuming MLB is assigning them to big name players. I can't imagine Judge going in and saying "make mine say All Rise on the back"

If players were actually able to choose the nickname, Bryce's would say: Under Armour

90758391980.gif

11 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

The Marlins are having a throwback day this Sunday. No word on whether or not they will be wearing throwback uniforms though. 

I can't help but feel like a team named after fish shouldn't call it a throwback day.

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

99% of these nicknames probably weren't actually selected by the players right?  I'm strongly assuming MLB is assigning them to big name players. I can't imagine Judge going in and saying "make mine say All Rise on the back"

If players were actually able to choose the nickname, Bryce's would say: Under Armour

Or something stupid like Clown Bro

I don't even know who "Chuck Nazty" and "Mr. Smile" are.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Nah, he's Big Sexy for sure lol but I do like yours lolol

The Twins actually use "Big Sexy" in their social media posts.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived