TVIXX

MLB Changes 2017

coco1997    1,052
3 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

I kind of love them.

Some of them are kinda cool, some aren't. I'm curious which pants will be paired with the jerseys. 

Griffinmarlins    611

The Marlins are having a throwback day this Sunday. No word on whether or not they will be wearing throwback uniforms though. 

SilverBullet1929    1,018
18 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

The Marlins are having a throwback day this Sunday. No word on whether or not they will be wearing throwback uniforms though. 

I don't think they are. It seems the theme of the game that day is 90s throwback but nothing has said it will be on the field. It's most likely just things like scoreboard graphics and the music played between innings and whoever throws out the first pitch being 90s related. I'd be pretty surprised if throwback uniforms show up pretty much out of nowhere on Sunday. 

10 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

I'm fine with nicknames and different colored shoes or whatever but those jerseys are god awful. I hope that doesn't make it on field.

Looks like they will and be badly paired

LIC_1285_LittleLeague

Jungle Jim    558

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think MLB started looking like Little Leaguers when they paired solid color jerseys with white and gray pants.  Even the A's green over greens, the Pirates yellow over yellows, and the Indians Bloody Mary sets looked better.  I've always felt that baseball uniforms should be the same color, jersey and pants, preferably white/white or gray/gray.

99% of these nicknames probably weren't actually selected by the players right?  I'm strongly assuming MLB is assigning them to big name players. I can't imagine Judge going in and saying "make mine say All Rise on the back"

If players were actually able to choose the nickname, Bryce's would say: Under Armour

RichO    215
11 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

I can't help but feel like a team named after fish shouldn't call it a throwback day.

tohasbo    128
1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

99% of these nicknames probably weren't actually selected by the players right?  I'm strongly assuming MLB is assigning them to big name players. I can't imagine Judge going in and saying "make mine say All Rise on the back"

If players were actually able to choose the nickname, Bryce's would say: Under Armour

Or something stupid like Clown Bro

RichO    215
9 hours ago, The Golden One said:

Looks like they will and be badly paired

LIC_1285_LittleLeague

Can I get a retro BIll Ripken O's?

soxkrazy    15

1989 Fleer, RichO? Anyway, I'm assuming Little League Classic/Player's Choice weekend is all one thing? They had been reported as being seperate events.

CreamSoda    1,166
10 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I don't even know who "Chuck Nazty" and "Mr. Smile" are.  

Chuck Nazty = Charlie Blackmon!   

It's his twitter handle.

jrodsep    390

I really hope Bartolo Colon pitches that weekend so we can see "Buffet Barbarian" on the back. 

KGeeX5    406
14 minutes ago, jrodsep said:

I really hope Bartolo Colon pitches that weekend so we can see "Buffet Barbarian" on the back. 

Nah, he's Big Sexy for sure lol but I do like yours lolol

goforbroke    98
29 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

Just announced for next season. Will be on caps and sleeves 

My right away thought is that the 50 gets lost because its gold on yellow.   Should have been green:

a-50-fix.jpg

OnWis97    2,204
2 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Nah, he's Big Sexy for sure lol but I do like yours lolol

The Twins actually use "Big Sexy" in their social media posts.