MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

12 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

My right away thought is that the 50 gets lost because its gold on yellow.   Should have been green:

a-50-fix.jpg

I think it's gold because of the "golden" 50 anniversary but it does look better in green or even white 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Why is there a green dropshadow on the zero and not the five?

There is a slight drop shadow on the 5.  The A's probably should have removed the drop shadow.  

It's a nice logo, but the 50 looks to be TNR, and looks like it's borrowed from the Ottawa Senators/Milwaukee Brewers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

20 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Why is there a green dropshadow on the zero and not the five?

10 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

There is a slight drop shadow on the 5.  The A's probably should have removed the drop shadow.  

It's a nice logo, but the 50 looks to be TNR, and looks like it's borrowed from the Ottawa Senators/Milwaukee Brewers.

It's a mistake in his edit, he forgot to chance the outline from green to gold in his. 

In the real one its gold with a green outline. His is green with a gold outline.

DGuR1ADU0AAWj2z.jpg

3 minutes ago, bowld said:

Is it weird that I actually like some of these? Rockies and Cards are amazing

2017-MLB-PLAYERS-WEEKEND-UNIFORMS.jpg

Cardinals, A's, Cubs, Rays, Marlins, Mets, Phillies, Angels, Reds and Rockies all look nice. Orioles and Twins look good besides the hat. The rest are swings and misses. If the nickname wasn't on the back I wouldn't mind seeing some of these more than once. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

20 minutes ago, Bill81361 said:

Orioles nickname jerseys for 8/25-27

DGzS8D2UwAAplmE.jpg

Obviously, some guys decided not to play along.

Opportunities lost --

Trey Mancini (16) should be "Boom Boom"

Richard Bleier (48) should be "Rocky"

Those of you around in the late 70s and early 80s know what I mean.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

18 minutes ago, bowld said:

like the Marlins (there is your blue Marlins! Run with it,)  Nationals, White Sox, Rays, Cardinals and A's. 

2017-MLB-PLAYERS-WEEKEND-UNIFORMS.jpg

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Best: -

Worst: All

This is just terrible.  Here's what I can say positive about any of these:.

• Marlins: Intriguing color scheme.  I like the jersey's colors...but even with the current look; more blue, less black.
  • Padres: Hey some color...reminds me of your blue/yellow teaser from last year. 
  • A's: I really like that hat.  I don't want it on the field, but it would make a nice fashion cap.
  • Phillies: Maybe that would be a suitable BP cap.

The worst of the worse are the Reds and most of the gray ones.  Some of them like the Pirates, Twins, and Blue Jays are as good as most of the fashion jerseys I see.  But the grey ones and the ones that lighten the color too much are not even suitable fashion jerseys.

And seeing the jersey the Yankees are going to wear on the field makes me feel like we traditionalists are pretty much on the ropes.

EDIT: Have some of these hats changed.  I don't recall the white "C" for Cleveland and I thought the Twins were using Minny and Paul.  I also have no recollection of that red White Sox hat, which reminds me very much of Cleveland.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived