MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need for the jerseys. Period. Even though some are pretty sick, there's no need for the cash grab.

In my opinion the jerseys actually take away from the intention of the weekend. They're just flashy eyesores that truly do reveal to us the true prediction of TATC. You know, w/out the Mercury Mets.

Just the patch (which is gorgeous btw), the nicknames and some attention grabbing equipment would have accomplished the same goal in a better way that actually was about the players expressing themselves, not the MLB trying to make some quick bucks with only six hat bases and some cookie cutter pullovers.

The MLB could have made just as much money selling a pinstriped jersey with ALL RISE on the back. It would have been a cooler message too, with all the unique equipment being worn along with the teams' iconic jersey saying basically "This is me, and that includes this jersey that I'm proud to wear every day." You can't get to the same place by handing a guy a gaudy, meaningless jersey that he's never seen before in his life.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I'm half-kidding about buying a bunch of these jerseys, only to douse them in gasoline, start a bonfire and broadcast the whole thing on Periscope chanting vulgarities that cannot be mentioned on this forum. That's how bad these jerseys look.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I reject the notion that this is just about "having fun", and frankly seeing that being thrown out as a rebuttal to criticism really bugs me - like not wanting teams to wear gimmicky, overpriced, literally-glorified Little League uniforms somehow makes me a humourless killjoy or something? Excuse me for wanting my team to look dignified.

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Man did, they really have to put "Wach" on poor Wacha's uniform? And Big T??? I expected better nicknames for my Cardinals. At least they didn't give Molina a stupid name.

Teams didn't give nicknames, the players selected these.

For these "players' weekend jerseys," or w/e they're called... Why are they all using the exact same block number font, and not the ones that match each team? They've gone with MLB Block 2, which is the one used by the Tigers, Yankees, Padres, Braves, etc. Seeing others teams with that number style looks out of place (even though I myself think this is the best style of block font).

3 minutes ago, BigRed618 said:

Did I make it here before all the traditionalists crying about their Yankees wearing something besides pinstripes?

On the previous page someone posted about the Yankees not wearing pinstripes.

I totally get it, but at the same time, it's okay for a team to wear something different every so often. People always think of the Yankees, but let's not forget teams like the Tigers and Dodgers have extremely iconic looks as well that have barely changed over the decades (barring the occasional alternate jersey). As a Dodgers fan, I'm just as "upset" that they're not going to look like the Dodgers for a weekend, but w/e, it's alright. The world will keep turning.

24 minutes ago, BigRed618 said:

Did I make it here before all the traditionalists crying about their Yankees wearing something besides pinstripes?

Nope, you did not. ;) 

And for what it's worth, I hope fans of all different teams join me in lamenting the fact that their teams are going to wear clown suits for an entire weekend. But for franchises like the Yankees, Cardinals, Tigers, Dodgers, etc., that have generally resisted alternates, I think it's an especially bad idea.

This will be the first time ever the Yankees wear names on their backs. And it'll be goofy nicknames on knockoff little league uniforms. And it'll be the first time they wear anything other than pinstripes at home since 1914. Holy cow, is that a bad idea.

I'm a homer.  I collect pretty much anything Dodgers, so I'll be getting the cap and the jersey (if they have a blank replica available).  As for that ligher shade of blue, it's actually all around the stadium.  It really doesn't bother me.

Also, ALL MLB merchandise is a cash-grab.

IMG_5869.JPG

IMG_5870.JPG

IMG_5871.PNG

IMG_5872.JPG

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

4 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

1502309541932.thumb.jpg.869794d9b51b03ca98c07a0c7b44d273.jpg

Take the trim colors per the cap logo and add them to the jersey stripes and wordmark and this look doesn't suck.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

10 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Gee, I wonder where I've seen that number font before...

[ snip ]

I pointed this out, as well. It's the only thing that really bothers me. Why aren't the various block fonts being used with the appropriate teams? Would it really have been that hard to pull off?

1 hour ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

Woof.

Also, Oh Seung Hwan is super boring...

Is what that translates too? Was hoping it was "The Final Boss." How did he not go with that?!?!

As for the uniforms. Some are nice, some are horribad. (Can't decide if I love or hate the Mariners. In some pics it gives off a Tulane feel and it others it's looks like too many different shades of green). The whole thing shouldn't even exist though. Wouldn't mind it for one day but a whole weekend is overkill, much like how they've been over doing the MDW, July 4th and Mother's/Father's day with the whole weekend instead of just that day.

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

Is what that translates too? Was hoping it was "The Final Boss." How did he not go with that?!?!

As for the uniforms. Some are nice, some are horribad. (Can't decide if I love or hate the Mariners. In some pics it gives off a Tulane feel and it others it's looks like too many different shades of green). The whole thing shouldn't even exist though. Wouldn't mind it for one day but a whole weekend is overkill, much like how they've been over doing the MDW, July 4th and Mother's/Father's day with the whole weekend instead of just that day.

He literally went with his name, that's it.

Archived