MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Just received a Marlins LLWS/Players' Day hat.  Might be the closest thing to a perfect hat for the Marlins (just wish a normal batterman logo was on the back).  If you're on the fence about any of these hats...this one is definitely worth the money.

Is it true the yellow on the top of the M is the bright almost neon yellow and not the regular yellow they normally have? That would be a huge turn off for me. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That was my favorite road look in baseball for many years, and the best cap of any kind the A's have ever had. It was great to see it for a day again.

Die hard Brewers fan here, only hat I've ever purchased from another team EVER is the A's road cap with yellow A. Favorite hat in MLB, bring it back please.

20 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Is it true the yellow on the top of the M is the bright almost neon yellow and not the regular yellow they normally have? That would be a huge turn off for me. 

Yeah it's a bright/neon yellow and a bright/neon orange.  Definitely different than the normal black hats.  The blue in the stitching looks to be close to the same...maybe a subtle shade difference.

The brighter colors work for me on this hat when connecting the team to Miami, but understandable if you don't like it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah it's a bright/neon yellow and a bright/neon orange.  Definitely different than normal black hats.  The blue in the stitching looks to be close the same...maybe a subtle shade difference.

The brighter colors work for me on this hat when connecting the team to Miami, but understandable if you don't like it.

Hmmm. I'm sure it looks pretty good but my preference would be to have the logo in the regular tones but on that bright blue cap. So basically not sure if I should spend money on this or hold out for what I'm looking for.

I'm also wondering how much these players weekend things will be a week from now. After the ASG the Marlins team store down here was selling every remaining bit of ASG merch for 50% off. 

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:54 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Are we positive the Nats are using black for the players weekend? I feel like that's just a dark navy. Has anyone seen the jersey in person to confirm or deny this? 

The jerseys for purchase online are listed as navy:

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=mlb+players+weekend+nationals+jersey&FORM=SHOPPA&originIGUID=6091BC52A78B4373A73CA058A79969F0

A pic of the jersey Kurkjian was wearing was posted in the Dan Le Batard Show subreddit, since his nickname was a reference to that show.  Does look navy in it.

62pkdkochzgz.jpg

Just bad job on the photoshop?  The Cards, Indians, and Red Sox ones can't be much lighter than that if at all, right?

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm at Marlins Park right now and I don't know how they look on tv (I'm actually assuming they'll look darker and better) but their uniforms are way too bright in person. The blue is a shade lighter than the regular blue they use which we mostly all love on here and the orange dear god is not the regular red orange they use on their Sunday home jerseys. It's more like a hazard vest that construction workers might use while working roadside at night. Way too neon and florescent in person. 

Also of note their pants are solid white, no orange or black piping on these.

I don't get how this represents the little leagues. Little League teams have better fashion sense and color coordination than this. These players look like a clown show, like a pack of highlighters exploded, like they got dressed in the dark. 

7 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

It might just be me, but could all this specialty jersey plans be Majestic pushing out as much as they can to bank $$$ before UnderArmour steps in for 2019.

I'm pretty sure Majestic was sold to Fanatics, so while I'm sure they're trying to make as much $$$ as they can. I don't think it's due to the uniform contract ending.

Switching back and forth between the Orioles and Nats games on TV, the Nats are definitelty wearing a darker shade of navy than the Red Sox.  I don't know any of the numerous pantone colors, but I'd guess the Nats' color is close to that of the Yankees traditional pinstripes and cap.

*Marvin the Martian voice

Where's the Yankee apoplexy? There's supposed to be an Earth-shattering Yankee Apoplexy.

/*Marvin the Martian voice

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Archived