MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Yankees look embarrassing. This would not have happened if Big Stein were alive. The commissioner could have given any order he wished, but Steinbrenner would have just sat there eating calzones and singing Heartbreaker / Brubaker / Run this prison like a man, and would have sent the Yankees out there dressed properly.

Even if the Yankees were going to wear the hideous dark pullover tops, they could have at least done it the Yankee way -- that is, without names.

This counts as the second lowest moment for the Yankees, the lowest moment being the time they wore ads on the uniform when they played in Japan.

The Mets don't look so bad; but those jerseys need the number on the front.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

27 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

what this weekend is all about:

Obverse of the series 2009 $100 Federal Reserve Note.jpg

You mean it's not about living the dream from a little boy to becoming a major leaguer and the down right love of the game and being thankful? Next, you gonna try to tell me NBA jersey ads aren't about global marketing and community relationships lol

KISSwall09.jpg

32 minutes ago, hormone said:

You mean it's not about living the dream from a little boy to becoming a major leaguer and the down right love of the game and being thankful? Next, you gonna try to tell me NBA jersey ads aren't about global marketing and community relationships lol

yes and Santa Claus was killed in Vietnam.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

16 minutes ago, lilben777 said:

With every team wearing pullovers all weekend long, I seriously fear for the health and wellbeing of phantom dreamer....but hey erotic asphyxiation might not be a bad way to go right? ?

ask David Carradine about that.  the person who played his master in Kung Fu died of a stroke, while David died of a different stroke.  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

These are all ugly (and some of the socks were uglier than ugly) and this is stupid. Why is this all weekend?

INCOMING RANT

Little League doesn't even look like this, I don't know who came up with this and why they thought the only jerseys little leaguers wear are contrasting sleeve colored jerseys. It's beyond stupid. Even the rec league baseball growing up in a town of 14,000 had more creative jerseys than these. and these kids don't have their nicknames on the backs of their jerseys... Ugh... Just so incredibly stupid.

Notes on the Brewers/Dodgers game....

1. A lot of blue out on that field.

2. I'm digging the Navy and Athletic Gold pairing the Brewers are using more and more. It especially looks good in the Padres 70's esque two tone pullovers. Plus they have the hybrid 80's helmet with current logo, looks kinda sharp. 

3. The Dodgers kinda remind me of the vest era Angels. 

4. The Dodgers wearing a light blue D's cap, hmmmm, the LA logo is on the mound and on helmets. A little consistency please.

General observances. Is this the MLB's answer to the NFL's color rush? The nicknames are cool, thanks Vince McMahon. But they should be on the on screen graphics as well. Again consistency.

I consider myself a purist when it comes to aesthetics, yet I am fascinated by this "experiment." In a league that has 162 games a season, this might not be a bad thing every now and then. Baseball has always had a fix on me. Steeped in tradition, yet able to embrace the now and the future. 

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived