MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

Did anyone mention how the Twins wore their white-paneled BP caps in the regular season finale vs. Detroit?

DAE40E72-2993-4B73-800D-0F04F0F68120.thumb.jpeg.3b9709016ecb22cf893b0f2e7a0aa6fa.jpeg

I really like this look.

The road would also look better with their red-paneled cap. 

(with that said, the Twins belong in pinstripes...at home)

On 10/3/2017 at 11:02 AM, CS85 said:

Can't get worse than the jizm-dripping corporate whores that are NCAA football bowl logos.

e22c5a86-9c9b-11e5-be00-5e2522772588-780

I mean good lord.  

I hate the practice of outright naming bowls after sponsors (Chick-fil-A Bowl vs. Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl), but I have to say I love the variety in bowl logos and identities.  It's better than what Super Bowl logos have become.  Also gives us some cool and some hilariously bad bowl trophies.

On 10/3/2017 at 11:15 AM, DiePerske said:

Hate naming rights. Next stop, team naming rights like the DHL Stormers in South Africa. 

Give me a jersey plastered with ads before you sell the naming rights to an event, building, or team. 

Building?  That's kind of a fight that's been lost, although it can be fitting like Citi Field or fit the city's identity like Ford Field.

On 10/3/2017 at 5:10 PM, MJD7 said:

Did anyone mention how the Twins wore their white-paneled BP caps in the regular season finale vs. Detroit?

DAE40E72-2993-4B73-800D-0F04F0F68120.thumb.jpeg.3b9709016ecb22cf893b0f2e7a0aa6fa.jpeg

I really like this look.

Keep their caps the same, but bring back the Mauer helmet full time.

m3DXVqxLNA4hwgefALft0nQ.jpg

Probably need a blue T, though. (Oops.  Forgot to remove that when I switched from a pic of Mauer's actual cap to this.)

On 10/3/2017 at 6:21 PM, Ray Lankford said:

Seems like that hat would really benefit from a gold outline.

Those BP hats had that weird white outline.  It wouldn't need it if that weren't crowding it/breaking it up.  Looked terrible for teams like the Twins and White Sox, but showed us how good Cleveland's C looks like with an outline.

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

Can we read into Arizona wearing their "alts" tonight?

Probably as much as we can read into Cleveland's postseason habits last year.  Then again, they did wear them constantly this year.

I spent the first inning thinking about how maybe we were too harsh on them originally and the Diamondbacks' teal alts were acceptable.  Then I saw it close up with its mismatching letters and too-bright teal.  It's the start of something, but it's got a bit to go.

On the other side, the Rockies' cap is beautiful, but it looks like the uniform has four purples.

By the by, noticed this watching last night, but jeez the postseason caps do not read from any distance whatsoever.  Nice, classy logo, but at such a small size the gold disappears and it looks like a bandage.

spacer.png

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Probably as much as we can read into Cleveland's postseason habits last year.  Then again, they did wear them constantly this year.

I spent the first inning thinking about how maybe we were too harsh on them originally and the Diamondbacks' teal alts were acceptable.  Then I saw it close up with its mismatching letters and too-bright teal.  It's the start of something, but it's got a bit to go.

On the other side, the Rockies' cap is beautiful, but it looks like the uniform has four purples.

By the by, noticed this watching last night, but jeez the postseason caps do not read from any distance whatsoever.  Nice, classy logo, but at such a small size the gold disappears and it looks like a bandage.

I love the Diamondbacks' current teal uniforms way more than the red brick ones. Is that an unpopular opinion?

12 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I love the Diamondbacks' current teal uniforms way more than the red brick ones. Is that an unpopular opinion?

I don't think it's an unpopular to like any one of them better or worse than the other.  Actually, I think a lot like them more since they don't have the shoulder stuff.

It's an unpopular opinion to say you actually like their set in a vacuum.

Again, they're a good foundation, but they fall apart once you look closely.

spacer.png

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I agree with you on this.  The shape made it look a logo on a souvenir sweatshirt from the beach.

rockies-diamondbacks-baseball-57719-jpg.il_340x270.777121654_oizn.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 10/5/2017 at 9:24 AM, Bmac said:

Word on the street is the Diamondbacks were planning to only wear the teal trimmed uniforms for the playoffs. So far that's true, we'll see if it remains true...

The teal set here in Arizona is by far and away the fan favorite and I personally agree. I saw they may be only going teal in the playoffs as well. There were some rumblings that what ever set of the 2 sets within the identity won out for merch sales that the team would phase the other out. Im pretty sure the teal set has blown the standard sedona red set out of the water in sales. Plus they have a better record with the teal sets. Would not be shocked to see the teal set go full time next year. 

2 hours ago, leroy712 said:

The teal set here in Arizona is by far and away the fan favorite and I personally agree. I saw they may be only going teal in the playoffs as well. There were some rumblings that what ever set of the 2 sets within the identity won out for merch sales that the team would phase the other out. Im pretty sure the teal set has blown the standard sedona red set out of the water in sales. Plus they have a better record with the teal sets. Would not be shocked to see the teal set go full time next year. 

This is interesting to read because it seemed like a solid sea of red during the WC game.

3 hours ago, leroy712 said:

1 hour ago, Ray Lankford said:

This is interesting to read because it seemed like a solid sea of red during the WC game.

Well they had red towels, so that might be part of the reason. Judging by pics on social media, it looks like a good mix of both, with some wearing old stuff from the previous red uniform.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/433801/chase-field/

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/267817712/arizona-diamondbacks-major-league-baseball/

Archived