MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I goofed around with an old alternate logo concept of mine for a fantasy baseball team called the Moons. Realized it could work for the Astros and threw a pennant on his bat after the game last night. 

strosccslc.thumb.png.1d4acff7f85caa40323b34d7a14a37f1.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I goofed around with an old alternate logo concept of mine for a fantasy baseball team called the Moons. Realized it could work for the Astros and threw a pennant on his bat after the game last night. 

strosccslc.thumb.png.1d4acff7f85caa40323b34d7a14a37f1.png

That's awesome.  You should probably lose the moon reflection in the helmet, though.  Looks like a goofy face sticking out his tongue.

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That's awesome.  You should probably lose the moon reflection in the helmet, though.  Looks like a goofy face sticking out his tongue.

Kinda looks like a shark haha But I love that lil astronaut! very well done. 

9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I "brandiosed" it. 

How's this?

strosccslc2.thumb.png.d0174ccb8aae2b9b46e31e05c81e0265.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Meh. I think it’s too clever by half. The H, which should dominate, doesn’t read much at all. 

(Now to dig up my reaction from when it was first posted years ago, see how consistent I am. ;) )

To me, it's no different than the W dominating the Hartford Whalers logo, with the H hiding in the negative space.  If anything, the H is more prominent in this logo even if it is the lower half of the logo.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

13 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Almost perfect.  Can I suggest one final revision?  The primary logo is too small to work with your astronaut.  Maybe something like one of these for the shoulder instead:

smallH.png.584eb8fe13e1294cc8ff85a4d9ab952c.png blueH.png.231efeaf447953be0042806775ad811a.png

I see what you're saying. Thanks for the help. 

strosccslc3.thumb.png.74be672d747f910f94cde612cb7d15d3.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

That would make an excellent mascot-like sleeve patch like the swinging friar, the barrel man, mr met, mr red, etc. 

That was my thinking. I used Mr Redlegs as a reference however many years ago I made the original. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's nice, but I don't think it fits on the uniform or in the ballpark (unless in a children's club capacity) because it doesn't fit the old-time look of both.

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Meh. I think it’s too clever by half. The H, which should dominate, doesn’t read much at all. 

(Now to dig up my reaction from when it was first posted years ago, see how consistent I am. ;) )

Truth.  And I say that because I didn't see it until you brought it up.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived