MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Bmac said:

The only change I noticed for KC in the retail guide is the addition of a modified version of the Ring Ceremony uniforms as a new alternate. New jersey and cap.

Did you happen to see any updates/changes in regards to the Padres uniform set?

On 11/6/2016 at 8:32 AM, Old School Fool said:

Man, seeing this stadium early on is so weird because it looks the same but at the same time it doesn't. Also, what's up with the blue seats and blue walls? The White Sox switched to the current look at during the 1990 season before the park opened.

I'm fairly sure it was just a coincidence, but the blue walls and seats were just one more way for the Sox to look like the Yankees. Their newly adopted home uniforms looked almost exactly like the Yankees (yes, I know, black vs. navy) and their stadium had blue walls and seats . . . just like Yankee Stadium II.

06b1b20a5508acf94a58437e8fc8a5bc.jpgcomis202.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 11/6/2016 at 5:32 AM, Old School Fool said:

Man, seeing this stadium early on is so weird because it looks the same but at the same time it doesn't. Also, what's up with the blue seats and blue walls? The White Sox switched to the current look at during the 1990 season before the park opened.

Could it be heat? Navy blue seats would be hotter during day games than royal blue seats? Just a random guess.

17 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I actually wouldn't mind that as a full-time home look for the Royals. Them looking so close to the Dodgers has never really bugged me, but this would be a nice way to give them their own identity.

I can pretty easily put into words what's wrong with this.  The KC alternates of the Royals have always been simple and clean, until they decided to clutter up the blue a few years ago with an outline (on one friggin' side) of powder beside the white.  I like powder blue in general and as a part of the Royals' identity, but I don't think this is the right application at all.  It doesn't contrast well enough with the royal and white, especially when used as a border between them, to use them side-by-side.  It makes the lines and logo look blurry, rounded, and weirdly bubbly.  And it looks really awkward only on one side of the plack piping.  I've considered the blue alt to be a sizeable pimple on an otherwise beautiful set.  I wouldn't want that to extend to the home uniform, or even an additional white alt.

17 hours ago, McCarthy said:

800px-U.S._Cellular_Field_Pano.jpg

The new upper deck has a less steep pitch, doesn't it? The new canopy does wonders to make it a more attractive stadium. Also that porch in left and the deck in center are cool. One of these days I'm going to have to schedule a Chicago baseball weekend and hit both parks. 

Does it still have the Old Yankee Stadium Bleachers-style quirk of having upper deck ticketholders sent up there by seperate entrance and giving them no access to the rest of the park?

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

I'm fairly sure it was just a coincidence, but the blue walls and seats were just one more way for the Sox to look like the Yankees. Their newly adopted home uniforms looked almost exactly like the Yankees (yes, I know, black vs. navy) and their stadium had blue walls and seats . . . just like Yankee Stadium II.

06b1b20a5508acf94a58437e8fc8a5bc.jpgcomis202.jpg

That's always the upper deck comparison I've made.  The cantilever and rooflet at the top is shaped so similarly.  I never realized until now how much smaller it was, though.  Looks like they just cut the lower portion of the upper deck off.

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, will61589 said:

Did you happen to see any updates/changes in regards to the Padres uniform set?

As of 2 months ago when I saw the guide, Padres were shown with navy and yellow. One uniform change was listed.

Again, this is just a retail guide I have access to. Not necessarily an official style guide. It just shows products and designations.

12 minutes ago, Bmac said:

As of 2 months ago when I saw the guide, Padres were shown with navy and yellow. One uniform change was listed.

Again, this is just a retail guide I have access to. Not necessarily an official style guide. It just shows products and designations.

Right on, thanks for the information. I wonder if it is a change to the home uniform or the road uniform. Time will tell...

1 hour ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Does it still have the Old Yankee Stadium Bleachers-style quirk of having upper deck ticketholders sent up there by seperate entrance and giving them no access to the rest of the park?

That's always the upper deck comparison I've made.  The cantilever and rooflet at the top is shaped so similarly.  I never realized until now how much smaller it was, though.  Looks like they just cut the lower portion of the upper deck off.

1. Yes it does. On my ballpark tour I was quite saddened to discover this.

2.  That's not a mistake. The stadium was designed to look like YSII

Anubis.png

1 hour ago, Anubis2051 said:

2.  That's not a mistake. The stadium was designed to look like YSII

I'm not doubting you, but is there any verification of this?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

4 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:
22 hours ago, McCarthy said:

upper deck has a less steep pitch, doesn't it? The new canopy does wonders to make it a more attractive stadium. Also that porch in left and the deck in center are cool. One of these days I'm going to have to schedule a Chicago baseball weekend and hit both parks. 

It's still the same pitch to the upper deck. They just lopped a bunch of rows off the top and put the larger roof on in its place. The pitch is still one of the steeper ones out there.

On 11/4/2016 at 9:12 PM, DiePerske said:

The only one comparable is PNC Park. A huge way PNC is better is that they give pitch counts, movements, ball strike counts, and the scoreboard graphics. 

That said, love them both the same. And OPaCY wins on food and customer service a lot. 

Camden Yards has scoreboards that show pitch counts, ball/strike counts, and type of pitch.

3 minutes ago, Yac12 said:

Has anyone heard if the Cubs will be having a special opening day jersey with gold trim or gold lettering?  Or if they will have a World Series Champion patch on the jerseys?

I would think that they'll wear something of the sort.  Biggest event in 108 years...yeah...they'll celebrate it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, WSU151 said:

I would think that they'll wear something of the sort.  Biggest event in 108 years...yeah...they'll celebrate it.

I wouldn't mind if they wore a special jersey on opening day, but I don't want them do what the Royals did and wear it all season.

13 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

The Cubs unis would look good with gold trim around the chest logo.  I'm torn between them wearing that and just wearing their iconic home jersey for that momentous day.

Just, please, don't wear the blues you won it in.

If they wear blue at home, that would be insane!

YVRMUBj.png

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

If they wear blue at home, that would be insane!

They haven't worn the blue alt at home for a few years now.  So, I'm guessing it will be the home whites.  I can see them doing the chest logo and the C on the sleeve in gold.

Wait wait wait... why are we ok with every championship team creating a modified championship jersey? The Giants did it and it was cool once then the Royals did it and it worked because gold is supposed to be one of their colors so it just downright looked good... but who says this has to become "a thing" from now on? The Cubs are supposed to be more traditional in appearance. I hope they're the team that just decides to go back to celebrating with a patch. They don't NEED a new gold-trimmed version of their jerseys to celebrate their championship.

Archived