MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

19 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

IMG_5735.PNG

Can we seriously just euthanize this organization already? Send them to Montreal and turn PetCo into a parking garage. 

Born and raised Padres fan and this is the final straw. I'm done with them. Ridiculous. Hope they go 0-162 this season and forever more.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can't even figure out how to dress yourselves, you're probably not going to be good at the actual baseballing, either. 

Ahem, Milwaukee. 

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

In a vacuum these are fine. Fonts are decent and generally match, and the striping/piping makes sense to create a professional look.

But.. come on. This design in navy and yellow like last year's homes would have been good. This design in navy and orange would have been good. This design in brown and yellow would have been stupendously amazing.

Navy and silver? Meh. Wasted potential.

2 minutes ago, Dekabreak said:

Just saw it on twitter and I knew this board would have a huge meltdown

You guys act as if they're D-Backs levels of bad

It's worse because they simply gave up. Said, we don't care to look good, or be good, we just give up on everything. Can't do it anymore.

Well on the plus side they got the cap logo off the home uniform and put the wordmark back where it belonged. They moved the Marine camo back to the main Sunday uniform which is also good as it was and is a much better looking uni than the Navy camo (which isn't even the proper color of what it's trying to copy). The beautiful 90's uniforms are back full time on Wayback Wednesdays which is great. And they retained the good looking brown and gold uni for the brown and gold fans on Wed (though hopefully they'll ditch the taco bell redux cap in favor of a brown cap with yellow SD.

The bad, clearly yellow should have been retained as a secondary color and even added to the away uni and possibly the blue alt as well as the home. The return of the bowtie San DiegO wordmark on the grey away like 2011 makes little sense to me. And frankly I don't know why they retained the Navy style camo uni. It was bad enough looking they demoted it, they should have simply canned it. Biggest gripe though is the lack of a third color. Even in 2015 they had an inkling of sand left on the home unis.

39 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Why on Earth would you return to the old "SanDiegO" bow-tie font? That's just mindboggling.

Meanwhile, I'm about as far away as San Diego as possible, but I've gotten the impression that the fanbase was divided into blue/gold, brown/gold, and brown/orange camps. So you give them blue/white, a color scheme that I'm fairly certain no one was asking for?

Oy. What a dumpster fire of a franchise.

Don't forget blue/orange. There are many who would like, or at least wouldn't mind, a return to the 90's style uniform or at least that color way.

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

What, new SD uniforms again?

What was wrong with this one?

outfielder-wil-myers-of-the-san-diego-pa

Well the cap logo on the jersey to start. But this was never a long term uni. They announced last year it was a one year only uniform for the ASG.

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

What, new SD uniforms again?

What was wrong with this one?

outfielder-wil-myers-of-the-san-diego-pa

Too much color.  Once you start introducing colors, all these whiny idiot fans want more colors.  We can't go back to a unique identity - ever.  The fans are wrong.  You will wear this bland silver and navy garb and you will pay us happily for providing you with such an original look.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

11 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

And frankly I don't know why they retained the Navy style camo uni. It was bad enough looking they demoted it, they should have simply canned it.

This was lost a little when they made the changes last year, but at the time they noted that the blue camo and brown camo would be rotated year to year, with one being the dominant then the other the next. They used the marine camo twice last year for specific military days/birthdays and from what was said last December they will wear the blue ones once or twice when they honor the Navy, etc.

" They will appear 11 times during the 2016 season. The Padres will wear the Marine digital camouflage jerseys that debuted in 2000 on two other Sundays: U.S. Marine Corps Appreciation Day and U.S. Army Appreciation Day. Beyond next season, the Marine and Navy jerseys will remain in the Sunday rotation, alternating each year which will be worn most often." San Diego Tribune, Dec 1 2015.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/padres/sdut-padres-unveil-new-2016-uniforms-2015dec01-story.html

SEAsig.png

Archived