MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, hormone said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. If you think of it, the MLB cap was the only thing in the big 4 without a manufacturer logo. Guess it's better than an additional stub hub logo on the chest.

NBA uniforms do not currently have a logo, and will not until Nike takes over.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

4 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

According to the New Era Cap Talk forum, New Era was deleating comments and banning people from their Facebook page voicing their displeasure over the addition of the NE flag to the caps. 

LOL, that is so weak !

So you are only allowed to kiss ass on company´s facebook pages, not criticize them in any way.

18 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

I guess there's a question here: will the Yankees have the logo? They don't have the majestic logo. 

That will probably get me a little peeved. First no Majestic logo or Side Vents and now no NE logo on the hat? Enough of that privileged :censored:!!! 

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, insert name said:

That will probably get me a little peeved. First no Majestic logo or Side Vents and now no NE logo on the hat? Enough of that privileged :censored:!!! 

If the Yankees resist this, then what should get you peeved is the other teams' willingness to be dictated to by an apparel company.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

15 hours ago, insert name said:

Blame the 29 other teams for not insisting on those things. Good on the Yankees for actually having a spine.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:09 PM, Ray Lankford said:

My first thoughht after reading that article was a brown version of this:

image.jpeg

That's a trash uniform honoring a franchise nobody watching today cares about and most weren't alive to see. It would be adding yet another color scheme to the Padres' history, and once again promising the fans what they want and delivering something that will displease both people who like current stuff and classic stuff.

So, that's gotta be it. Switching to that uniform would be the most Padres thing ever.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

2 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

That's a trash uniform honoring a franchise nobody watching today cares about and most weren't alive to see. It would be adding yet another color scheme to the Padres' history, and once again promising the fans what they want and delivering something that will displease both people who like current stuff and classic stuff.

So, that's gotta be it. Switching to that uniform would be the most Padres thing ever.

Yet another boring uniform in the City of San Diego

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 9/15/2016 at 0:01 PM, Gothamite said:

I want Bud Selig back.

No, thank you, not ever in a million years. The Astros are in the American League, thanks to that ass-hat and the extortion job he pulled on the sale of the Astros being approved only if the Astros moved to the AL. And then there's the matter of interleague play being a thing and being an everyday thing because of the move. Worst commissioner of all time. He makes Bowie Kuhn look like a genius.

Hoping the Astros (either in '17 or '18) go with the navy shooting star unis to remember the division-winning teams.  Need that hat in low-profile.

Back on topic, I'm guessing you mean the navy blue gold star uniforms? The shooting star reference is used to describe the Astros' uniforms from 1965-74. I'd embrace the shooting star script/logo on the current home uniforms. I'm happy to leave the navy/gold, black/red in mothballs where they belong.

It took 20 years to get back to the franchise's original navy and orange colors, and I hope they stay for good.

21 minutes ago, cheo25 said:

Back on topic, I'm guessing you mean the navy blue gold star uniforms? The shooting star reference is used to describe the Astros' uniforms from 1965-74. I'd embrace the shooting star script/logo on the current home uniforms. I'm happy to leave the navy/gold, black/red in mothballs where they belong.

It took 20 years to get back to the franchise's original navy and orange colors, and I hope they stay for good.

Yes.  The mid-90s unis were up there on my all-time favorites.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 3:34 PM, Gothamite said:

What does that mean?   Just brown and white?  

Not sure I like that idea - I think it needs an accent color, specifically a bright one like their gold.

I bet it might be brown jersey/pants together...monochromatic may have been the wrong choice of words.

3 hours ago, cheo25 said:

Better yet, I want the navy and orange colors paired with the unique (and visually stunning) shooting star. If the Astros just stuck with that from the day they moved into the Astrodome until now, it'd be considered one of the great classic uniforms in baseball (perhaps even moreso than the Mets' pinstripes, which obviously originated in the same era).

Why they didn't go back to that design is beyond me. The current Astros unis, while an improvement over anything else they've worn since the rainbow guts were introduced, are bland and nondescript, especially in comparison to the shooting star.

Archived