TVIXX

MLB Changes 2017

3,918 posts in this topic

I honestly don't think it's a big deal. They've been selling caps with the logo on it for a while. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

I honestly don't think it's a big deal. They've been selling caps with the logo on it for a while. 

Maybe you're right. It won't be a big deal, if you have a seam ripper.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, rgrn2777 said:

Maybe you're right. It won't be a big deal, if you have a seam ripper.

 

I've tried taking the NE logo off two different hats. The logo is too small with too many turns. It doesn't work out well. Even if you don't end up poking a hole in it, there's a distinctive fraying of the material and ghosting behind the logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, msubulldog said:

And don't forget Paul Tagliabue!

I had to google who he was, since i am not a football fan.

It certainly would appear you are right, i can´t imagine the NFL has always been this full of scumbags , low lifes and criminals as it is now, or what ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason why this cap flag idea is worse than a majestic logo on a jersey, is the size issue.

On a big jersey you hardly notice the logo, but on a small cap it sticks out a lot more. And the majestic sleeve logo and the new era cap flag is almost the same size !

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not a big deal if im buying it to wear

i wear logos on my hats, whatever. 47, new era. Whatever

 

but watching the games and seeing the logos on players hats really stinks

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pabig said:

What is the problem when a manufacturer wants people to see that they made the cap?

 

Because the on field hat looks worse with the logo than without. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pabig said:

What is the problem when a manufacturer wants people to see that they made the cap?

 

Because the hat is to represent the team's brand, and having another company's logo next to the team's takes away from that. Also, not sure about New Era, but in some cases those "manufacturers" don't even make the jerseys, just have someone else sew their logo on. It is no different than having a Tide logo there. 

 

Aweful. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't get the timing of it.  New Era has had the headwear deal for 20+ years.  Why now?  What value does it add?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I just don't get the timing of it.  New Era has had the headwear deal for 20+ years.  Why now?  What value does it add?

Other hat companies can make hats, like Nike and '47 brand, so New Era wants to make it known that they are the official MLB hat. People who follow baseball know New Era is the official hat, but your casual fan might not and it's so the casual fan knows the official hat. New Era is hoping to increase revenue sales with the casual fan base because their logo is on the on-field hat.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I just don't get the timing of it.  New Era has had the headwear deal for 20+ years.  Why now?  What value does it add?

 

Because with the NBA's move to add the manufacturer logo in 2017, the New Era hat would have been the only piece of pro sports on-field/court/ice apparel to not feature a manufacturer's logo and it happens to be the only one New Era makes. Having that logo adds millions in value to their contract and boosts brand awareness. 

 

I agree it decreases the aesthetic of the hat, but I can't argue with them wanting it there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my biggest dislike is adding it for the Postseason 2016.

 

Add it if you want, i dont even care. Just do it at the start of the 2017 spring training, and not in the middle of the season.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pabig said:

What is the problem when a manufacturer wants people to see that they made the cap?

 

The problem is that the only logo that belongs on a team's on-field uniform is that of the team itself.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Other hat companies can make hats, like Nike and '47 brand, so New Era wants to make it known that they are the official MLB hat. People who follow baseball know New Era is the official hat, but your casual fan might not and it's so the casual fan knows the official hat. New Era is hoping to increase revenue sales with the casual fan base because their logo is on the on-field hat.

 

I would bet your casual fan buys hats more on the size, structure, and fit of a hat rather than the brand/brand logo.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BRice16 said:

 

Because with the NBA's move to add the manufacturer logo in 2017, the New Era hat would have been the only piece of pro sports on-field/court/ice apparel to not feature a manufacturer's logo and it happens to be the only one New Era makes. Having that logo adds millions in value to their contract and boosts brand awareness. 

 

I agree it decreases the aesthetic of the hat, but I can't argue with them wanting it there. 

 

I'm not sure I understand the bold...New Era makes on-field NFL hats, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

I would bet your casual fan buys hats more on the size, structure, and fit of a hat rather than the brand/brand logo.

And I agree with that. The tactic the others use, like '47 Brand, is called ambush marketing, where they make the hats, but they're not the "official" hat, but people might think that they are. New Era wants it known that they are the official hat of the MLB. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts on the New Era logo appearing on the MLB game caps for the first time: I'm disappointed, at least from an aesthetic standpoint, but from a marketing view, I completely understand the reason for the inclusion of the logo. I mean, it isn't the end of the world, really. (I will more likely than not, still tell the game caps apart from the fashion ones by the tag on the inner rear part of the seatband inside of the cap.)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

I'm not sure I understand the bold...New Era makes on-field NFL hats, too.

 

Just a thought...Do you think when Nike takes over the NBA in '17-'18, New Era will do the hats?...similar to the NFL setup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now