MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, rgrn2777 said:

Maybe you're right. It won't be a big deal, if you have a seam ripper.

I've tried taking the NE logo off two different hats. The logo is too small with too many turns. It doesn't work out well. Even if you don't end up poking a hole in it, there's a distinctive fraying of the material and ghosting behind the logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

16 hours ago, msubulldog said:

And don't forget Paul Tagliabue!

I had to google who he was, since i am not a football fan.

It certainly would appear you are right, i can´t imagine the NFL has always been this full of scumbags , low lifes and criminals as it is now, or what ?  

The reason why this cap flag idea is worse than a majestic logo on a jersey, is the size issue.

On a big jersey you hardly notice the logo, but on a small cap it sticks out a lot more. And the majestic sleeve logo and the new era cap flag is almost the same size !

19 minutes ago, Pabig said:

What is the problem when a manufacturer wants people to see that they made the cap?

Because the hat is to represent the team's brand, and having another company's logo next to the team's takes away from that. Also, not sure about New Era, but in some cases those "manufacturers" don't even make the jerseys, just have someone else sew their logo on. It is no different than having a Tide logo there. 

Aweful. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I just don't get the timing of it.  New Era has had the headwear deal for 20+ years.  Why now?  What value does it add?

Other hat companies can make hats, like Nike and '47 brand, so New Era wants to make it known that they are the official MLB hat. People who follow baseball know New Era is the official hat, but your casual fan might not and it's so the casual fan knows the official hat. New Era is hoping to increase revenue sales with the casual fan base because their logo is on the on-field hat.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

21 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I just don't get the timing of it.  New Era has had the headwear deal for 20+ years.  Why now?  What value does it add?

Because with the NBA's move to add the manufacturer logo in 2017, the New Era hat would have been the only piece of pro sports on-field/court/ice apparel to not feature a manufacturer's logo and it happens to be the only one New Era makes. Having that logo adds millions in value to their contract and boosts brand awareness. 

I agree it decreases the aesthetic of the hat, but I can't argue with them wanting it there. 

3 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Other hat companies can make hats, like Nike and '47 brand, so New Era wants to make it known that they are the official MLB hat. People who follow baseball know New Era is the official hat, but your casual fan might not and it's so the casual fan knows the official hat. New Era is hoping to increase revenue sales with the casual fan base because their logo is on the on-field hat.

I would bet your casual fan buys hats more on the size, structure, and fit of a hat rather than the brand/brand logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, BRice16 said:

Because with the NBA's move to add the manufacturer logo in 2017, the New Era hat would have been the only piece of pro sports on-field/court/ice apparel to not feature a manufacturer's logo and it happens to be the only one New Era makes. Having that logo adds millions in value to their contract and boosts brand awareness. 

I agree it decreases the aesthetic of the hat, but I can't argue with them wanting it there. 

I'm not sure I understand the bold...New Era makes on-field NFL hats, too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I would bet your casual fan buys hats more on the size, structure, and fit of a hat rather than the brand/brand logo.

And I agree with that. The tactic the others use, like '47 Brand, is called ambush marketing, where they make the hats, but they're not the "official" hat, but people might think that they are. New Era wants it known that they are the official hat of the MLB. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

My thoughts on the New Era logo appearing on the MLB game caps for the first time: I'm disappointed, at least from an aesthetic standpoint, but from a marketing view, I completely understand the reason for the inclusion of the logo. I mean, it isn't the end of the world, really. (I will more likely than not, still tell the game caps apart from the fashion ones by the tag on the inner rear part of the seatband inside of the cap.)

UBwef0L.png

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure I understand the bold...New Era makes on-field NFL hats, too.

Just a thought...Do you think when Nike takes over the NBA in '17-'18, New Era will do the hats?...similar to the NFL setup?

Archived