MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

On Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Bmac said:

It's an official change. Not sure if it's uniform-wide but the purple on the caps has changed.

At first I thought it was a horrible idea because I like the blue violet they use instead of the more reddish purple crayon color but looking at that pic I like it because it's still the blue violet just brighter instead of being a different hue. With that said I'd love to see something official on this because if we're just going by that website it could absolutely just be a lighting issue.  

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Look again, that's not a rockies cap that's a Padres cap, light navy blue. Definitely not purple. 

Sarcasm?  ...You do see the Rockies cap in the bottom right of the photo, right?  That's what daveindc is referring to...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Sarcasm?  ...You do see the Rockies cap in the bottom right of the photo, right?  That's what daveindc is referring to...

Oh sorry. I actually thought he had a brain fart and was talking about the navy Padres cap. Totally didn't notice the Rockies cap. 

17 minutes ago, TVIXX said:

https://www.lids.com/new-era/style_59fifty-mlb-authentic-collection?sort=new-arrival

lids have just released the 2017 authentics

the new BP jerseys will be released on the 15th

Looks like they are discounting the old "non-flagged" caps there too.  

Interesting the Padres taco alternate caps do not have the flag (as of yet) - maybe because it's an imported cap? 

Really hoped the Braves would receive a red NE logo...consider me disappointed. Really downgrades the aesthetic. The baseball cap was always one of the last pure things left unbranded in sports. I'm sad.

Somewhat related, but I've always been a big fan of the Diamond Era spring training caps...my interest will probably decline now. Likely won't buy unless it's a really killer design. Had all of the other Diamond Era Braves caps.

Thank heavens I already have the NE-free home cap.

1 hour ago, larrypep said:

Looks like they are discounting the old "non-flagged" caps there too.  

Interesting the Padres taco alternate caps do not have the flag (as of yet) - maybe because it's an imported cap? 

Probably haven't uploaded the product yet.  They co-mingled 2016 hats into the filter.. And imported caps have the flag too.  

The old non-flagged caps are still available and still 34.99 on Lids.

https://www.lids.com/washington-nationals-new-era-mlb-authentic-collection-59fifty-cap/20518347

On first blush, I like it as an accent color against the black.  Bright enough to have good contrast. 

I don't think it's strong enough to be used as a primary, though.  I don't think that'll look good as undershirt sleeves or socks, so they'll probably have to use black. Which is a shame.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying into this lighter Rockies shade without some clearer evidence. Every single bit of evidence so far could be nothing more than a lighting issue. Give me a statement from the team or a side by side comparison of the new and the old shades. Even if it is true, the amount of change could still be a lighting issue.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I'm sorry but I'm not buying into this lighter Rockies shade without some clearer evidence. Every single bit of evidence so far could be nothing more than a lighting issue. Give me a statement from the team or a side by side comparison of the new and the old shades. Even if it is true, the amount of change could still be a lighting issue.

It's an official change.  The Rockies won't be releasing a statement.  @Bmac is one of our best inside sources.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Since when do the Twins have the gold trim on a red crown cap?

Since January of 2016.

Archived