MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought this was worth pointing out... I clicked on the unused but still existing all purple Rockies cap and the detailed images that they show from the different angles showed two pics in entirely different shades. Not sure if this is lighting, two different caps being photographed, or a good yet unexpected comparison of the two shades of purple but the difference is more than noticeable...

hwl?set=sku[20905559],c[3],w[100],h[75]&call=url[file:product]hwl?set=sku[20905559],c[2],w[100],h[75]&call=url[file:product]hwl?set=sku[20905559],c[5],w[100],h[75]&call=url[file:product]

On 1/9/2017 at 3:12 PM, Gothamite said:

Purple is one of those colors that can really look different under different conditions.  More so than almost any other. 

Yep. The Lakers and LSU tend to look more blue on some broadcasts, probably a camera temperature/color balance thing, as they both look far more purple in person. In my experience, at least. 

21 hours ago, The Golden One said:

Umm why does the A's home jersey have piping on it?

It's a Chinese counterfeit.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

52 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Don't forget the Rockies have that weird purple filter thing (or so we assume that's what it is) that shows their home jerseys in not gray/black but purple shadows...

De La Rosa keeps up momentum in strong 8 IPChatwood's RBI single

My gawd look at all the Cubs fans! Judging by just what I can see in that photo, it's easily 10-1 Cubs fan to Rockies fans. 

sig.png

Just now, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

My gawd look at all the Cubs fans! Judging by just what I can see in that photo, it's easily 10-1 Cubs fan to Rockies fans. 

That's right behind the dugout, where a large portion of visitors' fans sit.  There are a lot of Cubs fans in Colorado though (probably because of WGN games before '93).  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

That's right behind the dugout, where a large portion of visitors' fans sit.  There are a lot of Cubs fans in Colorado though (probably because of WGN games before '93).  

I'm curious, what was the percentage of Royals fans in Denver/Colorado before and after '93 (considering the Royals marketed their team to regions between the Pacific Coast and Missouri)?

24 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm curious, what was the percentage of Royals fans in Denver/Colorado before and after '93 (considering the Royals marketed their team to regions between the Pacific Coast and Missouri)?

If IIRC (and I was pretty young in 80s/early 90s) the Royals' had a decent-sized fan base in CO.  I think we had a lot of Brewers fans due to the Zephyrs' affiliation as well as Wisconites moving to the area.  Royals games were on one the five local broadcast channels some of the time, but we mainly received Cubs games on Denver's KWGN channel. That's what I remember, at least. Seemed like most Royals fans in the area became Rockies fans.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

This reminds me of the Rockies not having a natural interleague rival. I know the royals have the Cardinals but it'd be kinda cool if they could plant the seeds of a rockies royals interleague rivalry. Just thinking out loud though. 

This Giants jersey on Fansedge/Fanatics doesn't look ST/BP...did we already talk about this?  Apologies in advance if we have.

https://www.fansedge.com/majestic-san-francisco-giants-black-alternate-2017-cool-base-team-jersey/p-2605349?query=2017%20cool%20base

TVIXX was pretty correct...though a small change looks to be in place for 2017...the SF now has the orange drop-shadow.

2016 picture for reference:

img-688332-m.jpg

40 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

This Giants jersey on Fansedge/Fanatics doesn't look ST/BP...did we already talk about this?  Apologies in advance if we have.

https://www.fansedge.com/majestic-san-francisco-giants-black-alternate-2017-cool-base-team-jersey/p-2605349?query=2017%20cool%20base

TVIXX was pretty correct...though a small change looks to be in place for 2017...the SF now has the orange drop-shadow.

2016 picture for reference:

img-688332-m.jpg

The link you used is for the replica, the authentic jersey doesn't seem to have the drop shadow on the front but it does on the number on the back.

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages%2f_2605000%2fff_2605197_full.jpg&w=600

Either way, it seems like the Giants are making these their regular season black alternates which in my opinion look much better than the ones they introduced two years ago with only an outlined logo and numbers:

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_2342000/ff_2342859_full.jpg&w=340

Archived