Go-Kart Racing

buckeye

I don't think I've ever posted a video of what I do on weekends, here at CCSLC. My family and I race over at New Castle, Indiana for their KRA races thru the year. We race in the LO206 class, which is an engine provided by Briggs, and it is intended to make the racing not about horsepower, but about driver ability. Here's a couple go pro videos from races in the last year, as well as video's from my previous dirt experience here in Ohio. Feel free to subscribe to the channel as well! The kart field in the race this past sunday, first video, was the largest 206 field ever with 51 karts.

I used to race out at a small little dirt circle track in the middle of nowhere with my a few of my in-laws but I didn't want my wife around all of the fumes once she got pregnant so we stopped going.  The track was probably about half the size of that one in your third video, if not even smaller.  It was a blast but since some people were willing to put way more time and money into it then we were, we never finished all that well.  Eventually they created a class where everybody just ran stock motors with no alterations and it was fun, but even then, the top guys had different chassis set-ups for different track conditions and we would basically just adjust tire pressures.  Your videos make me want to get back out there!

IUe6Hvh.png

10 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Pretty cool! I used to race small dirt tracks as well. I miss it some days, but I don't miss all the cheating. Kart racing is really addictive!

Thankfully, for the most part with this LO206 class, I would say most of that is gone. But like they always say, if you ain't cheatin, you ain't trying. The dirt is where it gets really bad... as I'm sure you know.

Archived