ldconcepts' NHL De-Edge (Winnipeg added 10/24)

ldconcepts

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the idea of the de-edge series, but these Hawks sweaters feel like a change for the sake of a change. The Blackhawks de-edged is the exact same except for a different cut... 

But if this has nothing to do with history, I honestly like the road more than the home. I feel like the home has too much empty space on the sleeves and hem. That being said, the black sleeves and hem are also a bit much. The two stripes already finish the jersey nicely. :D

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Yep. ^ As I said earlier, some of these are what teams actually might do if they were "De-Edged." But for some untouchable teams like Chicago, I just experimented with the CCM template to create something new. Anyway, up next and starting interesting teams:

COLORADO AVALANCHE

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Colorado%20Avalanche_zp

Personally, I think the Avalanche have the hands-down worst uniform in the league. I took enormous design cues from their popular 90s set, but put my own spin on it. (I've NEVER put a snowcapped mountain pattern on an Avalanche jersey before...) Angled sleeve stripes and the mountain yoke replace the full length yokes, and straight hem stripes replace the famous mountain pattern. This uniform puts more emphasis on the incredible colour combination, while still keeping the unique feature that made these so popular. Their cleaned-up alternate font is used, replacing the nice-looking but Ducks-looking font of the 90s.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Columbus%20Blue%20Jacke

A chevron pattern adorns the arms and the side panels, on the home inspired by the Ohio flag. The star currently on the cuffs is also added under the side chevrons. Their superior alternate number font is used.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

The collars definitely will vary as the series goes on, like this installment.

DALLAS STARS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Dallas%20Stars_zpsamch1

For a faux timeline on this one, I'd have these being introduced in 2013 after almost a decade of identical jerseys only with gold instead of silver, and their old logos. For the Stars, Victory Green doesn't take center stage for numerous reasons, namely fans' satisfaction with the black look (no Edge disaster) and the Wild's look, which you'll see later on in the series. For the uniform itself, a simple two stripe pattern is used, with lots of silver highlights.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

The collars definitely will vary as the series goes on, like this installment.

DALLAS STARS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Dallas%20Stars_zpsamch1

For a faux timeline on this one, I'd have these being introduced in 2013 after almost a decade of identical jerseys only with gold instead of silver, and their old logos. For the Stars, Victory Green doesn't take center stage for numerous reasons, namely fans' satisfaction with the black look (no Edge disaster) and the Wild's look, which you'll see later on in the series. For the uniform itself, a simple two stripe pattern is used, with lots of silver highlights.

C&C Appreciated!

Looks great. Reminds me of the old North Stars jerseys.

I agree with hockey week. White numbers with black outlines are visible on any color background.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

FLORIDA PANTHERS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Florida%20Panthers_zpsp

Keeping with the logo continuity of this series, I used the Panthers' current primary mark, and applied the tertiary logo seen currently on the helmets to the shoulders. The arm striping is inspired by their originals and cleaned-up Edge uniforms. A cross from the Florida Flag is sublimated onto the front in the form of a chest stripe.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived