ldconcepts' NHL De-Edge (Winnipeg added 10/24)

ldconcepts

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOS ANGELES KINGS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Los%20Angeles%20Kings_z OR NHL%20De-Edge-%20Los%20Angeles%20Kings_z

I delved deep into the Kings' history to find a logo that would fit this series. I couldn't decide on the colour scheme, so I present you two options: one reminiscent of the original team owner's view for the team (logo coloured like it was originally in 1975), another representing the success of the club (logo coloured like their current partial mark). For the uniforms, I combined their Gretzky Era striping with full-length yokes seen in different forms throughout the team's history.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On 10/7/2016 at 5:22 PM, ldconcepts said:

FLORIDA PANTHERS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Florida%20Panthers_zpsp

Keeping with the logo continuity of this series, I used the Panthers' current primary mark, and applied the tertiary logo seen currently on the helmets to the shoulders. The arm striping is inspired by their originals and cleaned-up Edge uniforms. A cross from the Florida Flag is sublimated onto the front in the form of a chest stripe.

C&C Appreciated!

The cross on the white jerseys is a little distracting, especially on the back. 

Can you try a Kings version that uses the 2000s color scheme?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

21 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

LOS ANGELES KINGS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Los%20Angeles%20Kings_z OR NHL%20De-Edge-%20Los%20Angeles%20Kings_z

I delved deep into the Kings' history to find a logo that would fit this series. I couldn't decide on the colour scheme, so I present you two options: one reminiscent of the original team owner's view for the team (logo coloured like it was originally in 1975), another representing the success of the club (logo coloured like their current partial mark). For the uniforms, I combined their Gretzky Era striping with full-length yokes seen in different forms throughout the team's history.

C&C Appreciated!

quick concern, why does the numbers not match the numbers on back? other then that they look nice!

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

MONTREAL CANADIENS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Montreal%20Canadiens_zp

For Montreal, I used the only thing they could wear besides chest stripes (and current away): sashes. Inspired by this beauty, I modernized the concept of a sash to act like a chest stripe. On the home, their current chest stripe is converted into the sash, and the classic number-in-sleeve makes its return. The same goes for the away, except the classic bleu-blanc-rouge stripe takes center stage. To top off one of my favourites of the series, you could find a rounded collar above the classic Habs crest.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

NASHVILLE PREDATORS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Nashville%20Predators_z

I simplified the Predators original jerseys, just as their logo was simplified, with their current striping pattern.

After making this concept, I saw a similar concept by Steven Grant made much beforehand, so total credit for the idea goes to him.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

51 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

NASHVILLE PREDATORS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Nashville%20Predators_z

I simplified the Predators original jerseys, just as their logo was simplified, with their current striping pattern.

After making this concept, I saw a similar concept by Steven Grant made much beforehand, so total credit for the idea goes to him.

C&C Appreciated!

I'm all for bold concepts, but this is a miss for me. It gives the impression of an oversized shoulder area. It also looks like it would take a step back, with the arms down. Also, this concept has too much yellow for the home. The Preds have done a great job of owning "gold" at home, but too much yellow makes it start to feel like an away, not a home, to me.

There are definitely things to like. The nameplate fitting into the stripe and the double shoulder patches, for instance. Overall, I just feel like this is a step back from their current look.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

NEW JERSEY DEVILS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20New%20Jersey%20Devils_z

I spiced up the Devils' home uniform by recreating their original striping pattern on the hem and arms, and giving the yoke an outline. For the away, with black pants, I figure New Jersey has some room for red, so I used an identical striping pattern, with the yoke matching the numbers.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

4 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

I spiced up the Devils' home uniform by recreating their original striping pattern on the hem and arms, and giving the yoke an outline. For the away, with black pants, I figure New Jersey has some room for red, so I used an identical striping pattern, with the yoke matching the numbers.

YES!! Exactly!

On 01/10/2016 at 11:34 PM, ldconcepts said:

Next up, last of the "boring" ones...

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Chicago%20Blackhawks_zp

I emphasized red on the away, and altered the current home to match. For simplicity, the C-tomahawk is only used on the home shoulders.

I should have another one up today if I get enough C&C!

I like the white jersey. I remember designing something similiar but red numbers. The red yoke balances the white better though!

NEW YORK RANGERS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20New%20York%20Rangers_zp

I converted the Rangers' classic yoke pattern to the cuffs and hem, and made a matching home version, only with red emphasized. For the first time, their current crest is on the front, of both jerseys.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived