Provo Penguins - A Fantasy Football Project

FinsUp1214

Hello all!

It's that time of year when men and women everywhere draft what they believe to be the perfect fantasy football dream team, name it something quirky, and then take seat in Deadlastville with little hope ahead. Or is that just me? :P

Well, at least my team will hopefully look good doing it! I'd always wanted to carve out an identity for a fantasy football team of mine, but never got around to it until now. Earlier this year, I came up with this fun little idea of a football-carrying penguin. It soon evolved into a logo, the team colors, then uniforms, and then finally a home as my fantasy team's identity - the Provo Penguins!

I wanted to mix a little quirkiness into a timeless classic here, as if the team has existed since 1961 or something and hasn't changed much since. You get the poundin' penguin (nicknamed Paul by the "loyal Provo faithful") atop a simple, straightforward, double-blue uniform inspired by the olden days. No wacky combos or a million pairs of pants; whether home or away, you know exactly what you're getting. And speaking of what you're getting, here you go!

Primary - "Paul the Penguin"

IMG_5106.PNG

Alternate Paul - helmet only (white football for better visibility against powder blue)

IMG_5107.PNG

Uniforms - Home/Away

IMG_5105.PNG

More aspects of the identity may come later, such as the field, t-shirts/hats/gear, and (possibly) a second pair of pants (though I'm super hesitant as I love the simplicity of two sets). There was a set of powder blue pants they wore in the 70's that noted news anchor Ron Burgundy reportedly loved... ;) 

Anyways, there you go! Thanks for viewing and POUND 'EM PENS!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived