Annoying Sport Announcers

~Bear

Being a Steelers fan, the Eagles game that just took place was painful. But I'm not mad about the game as much as dealing with Phil Simms's voice. It seems like he just doesn't shut up. 

4th and 15 down late, what does the omnipotent Phil Simms say? "This will likely be a pass play." No, really? I thought they would run with the fullback. 

I feel sorry with everyone on the West Coast having to deal with him and the fact he loves his own voice. Am I the only one who passionately hates Phil Simms? 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Verne Lundquist is unbearable for me to listen to and since many of my alma mater's games seem to have him on the broadcast it's nails on a chalkboard land.

I also find Josh Lewin unbearable because whenever I hear him I always hear his lisp and it drives me nuts.

3 hours ago, ~Bear said:

Being a Steelers fan, the Eagles game that just took place was painful. But I'm not mad about the game as much as dealing with Phil Simms's voice. It seems like he just doesn't shut up. 

4th and 15 down late, what does the omnipotent Phil Simms say? "This will likely be a pass play." No, really? I thought they would run with the fullback. 

I feel sorry with everyone on the West Coast having to deal with him and the fact he loves his own voice. Am I the only one who passionately hates Phil Simms? 

This is how the West Coast feels about Phil Simms:

phil_simms_petition.jpg.png

10 hours ago, chrysleraspen08 said:

As much as I already dislike the Bruins, Jack Edwards makes it a lot easier to actually hate them.

Im a huge fan of Jack Edwards. I'm also of the opinion that hometown announcers should be clearly biased towards their home team. To that effect

Gary Thorne doing Orioles games. I love the guy, and he is a fantastic announcer for national games. He just doesnt get it done with the Orioles.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, FGM13 said:

Any Boston announcer, regardless of the sport. Maybe because :censored: Boston, especially the Sox, but their announcers just grate on me.

Being from the area, I agree. I don't like the color guy, Remy, for the Sox. Nor do I like the color guy for the Bruins. Maybe it's because these networks feel like they MUST have a guy with an over-the-top New England accent on the broadcast team, I don't know.

That said, Dave O'Brien is fantastic. I liked him when I lived in Miami and he did Marlins games, and it continues now.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Gary Thorne doing Orioles games. I love the guy, and he is a fantastic announcer for national games. He just doesnt get it done with the Orioles.

I must respectfully disagree.  I especially like Thorne when he is on with Palmer.  I think they play well off of each other and Thorne gives Palmer time to provide helpful insight . . . which he is willing to do without pulling punches.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

15 hours ago, tp49 said:

Verne Lundquist is unbearable for me to listen to and since many of my alma mater's games seem to have him on the broadcast it's nails on a chalkboard land.

I also find Josh Lewin unbearable because whenever I hear him I always hear his lisp and it drives me nuts.

How dare you take the name of Josh Lewis in vain! 

I do agree about Lundquist. Simply awful. But the duo is even worse. Worse than Buck and Aikman. 

IMG_3107.PNG

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

16 hours ago, waltere said:

How are we this far in with no mention of Hawk Harrelson?

On the bright side, Hawk only worked about half the games this year.  Jason Benetti called the other half, and he's actually pretty good.

The White Sox radio team of Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson is pretty brutal.  Farmer is a goofball who was good when he was the color guy working alongside John Rooney and Jackson learned how to be a broadcaster by working with Harrelson.  It's just terrible.

I can't stand Buck and Aikman. They always seem to call Cowboys games. We've basically wrote a 800-page dossier at this point about why Joe Buck sucks as an announcer, but I can't stand the two-face vibes I get from Aikman.

One moment; he'll be kissing the ground Jerry walks on. The next second; he'll spit in his general direction.

To go into NASCAR; Kyle Petty is terrible. A "That's Incredible" level of terrible. As in "That's Incredible" he actually still has an announcing job.

The phrase "That's Incredible" has lost any sort of meaning because it's all. he. said. Every big crash. That line is spoken.

Staph the ride; I wanna get off.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I don't know the name of the guy who calls Yankees games, but he gives me migraines. He sounds like the annoying tool you get stuck sitting next to at games that has "that voice", never shuts up, and makes the experience a grating one.

Oh, and this dime:

"YANKEES WIN! YANKEES WIN! THU-UH-UH-UH-UH YANKEES WINNN!"

How about shut up.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived