NFL Alternate Helmets (Steelers and Ravens Posted)

Bruins

The NFL is widely known as the no-fun league for a reason. One of the main reasons is that teams can only use ONE HELMET. Why is that? While we can't change the leagues rules we can think of the NFL as a more fun league, one that experiments with alternates and throwbacks especially considering the NFL has an awesomely rich history that it doesn't seem to want to boast about. So let's have some helmet fun here and make the N in NFL mean national again. Even though it still does... But the point is this is basically a place for alternate helmets for all, I promise all, NFL teams. each team will have 3 alternate helmets, the first helmet consisting of the same helmet and facemask with different decals so that they could be used in today's NFL. The second will be an alternate or just a different idea that can really be anything and the third will either be a throwback or an out there design. Each team will have these points. I will not be posting uniforms for these concepts because I intend for them to be worn with current uniforms or throwbacks, however I will post apologetically rough pictures with the unis they could work with. So without further ado the AFC East.

New York Jets:

Same Helmet

image.jpeg

I decided to use their NY logo along with their minimalist jet logo to fill out their normal helmet

Alternate

image.jpeg

i went all green with the alternate again adding the NY logo, might be good for white jerseys or all green

Unique/Throwback

image.jpeg

i went with a simple post-Titans afl throwback with the jet logo on a white helmet.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Miami Dolphins

Same Helmet

image.jpeg

I know this will hit or miss but without an alternate or letter logo you gotta get creative

Alternate

image.jpeg

the more conservative of the two colored phins helmets, I went blue with the alternate

Unique/Throwback

image.jpeg

Bright. But would be great for the new color rush or maybe a pop on any other jerseys

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Buffalo Bills

Same Helmet

image.jpeg

Nothing much here, just inverted the stripe colors for another look

Alternate

image.jpeg

this actually turns out to be slightly retro, but could still work for color rush or others

Unique/Throwback

image.jpeg

I went way back here, again to the afl, to the bills original year

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

New England Patriots

Same helmet

image.jpeg

retro look the the pats could use right now

Alternate

image.jpeg

I went with a sharp blue and red look for the alternate, might look good with white

Unique/throwback

image.jpeg

personally this is my favorite, a helmet to look like pat the patriot complete with grey face(mask), star, and red and white swoosh effect.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I'm not too keen on the Flying Elvis helmet. It's a great idea, I'm just not sure it's executed the right way. You're trying to fit a (roughly) triangular shape onto a (roughly) round object, and it just comes out looking jumbled and awkward. Maybe if you tried curving the swooshes more to follow the curve of the helmet, kind of like this, it would look better. Alternatively, moving the star to the side of the helmet and using the swooshes as a more traditional helmet stripe might make for a better concept that doesn't exactly match the logo, but definitely emulates it.

The first jets helmet doesn't have a stripe. I didn't put any stripes on helmets because I think you can't really see the design of them. That's what the stripe in the upper right corner is. A blue bills helmet is a really good idea especially for the all blue combo or all white combo, will do

Lz5f6vZ.png

Pittsburgh Steelers

Same Helmet

image.jpeg

Simple sticker change, for the steelers sharp wordmark

Alternate

image.jpeg

A helmet that looks like steel for the appropriate city

Unique/Throwback

image.jpeg

A simple yellow helmet to match the bumblebee unis 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Baltimore Ravens

Same Helmet

image.jpeg

in my opinion a better logo is swapped with the B Raven 

Alternate

image.jpeg

A simple white helmet to go with the dark jerseys

Unique/Throwback

image.jpeg

A subtle nod to the main emblem complete with purple "head" and white "beak", and of course the B

image.jpeg

C&C much appreciated, Bengals and Browns soon, thx!

Lz5f6vZ.png

Archived