Color Rush Redesign (All matchups added)

RO_

Hey everyone, so I had an idea on how to improve the NFL's Color Rush games a bit so I threw a few concepts together and ran with it. Like most people I was pretty underwhelmed with a lot of the designs; some were great but a lot were uninspired. Not to mention we're to week 4 of the season and we haven't even seen a legit color rush matchup yet. So to remedy that here are my rules:

-Unis are still monochrome; jersey, pants, and socks are all the same color. Helmets can't change color, facemasks and helmet decals can.

-Every team gets two uniforms; one solid colored uniform and a whiteout alt for matchups that clash or when both teams feature the same colored jersey

-Team wordmarks and TV numbers are optional

-If a team's CR jersey is the same color are their standard home, it will likely be fauxback-inspired

-Both uniforms don't have to be color swapped versions of each other. Since most teams already have a whiteout option I thought it'd be boring to slap white socks onto their away unis and call it a day. One uni might be a throwback and the other might be something totally different. I'll figure it out as I go.

Ok here we go:

LA Rams:

I dig the Rams' yellow set so there aren't many changes. Got rid of the toilet seat collar and the pant stripe is solid navy to eliminate all the white for the uniiform. For the whiteout it is a fauxback to their blue and white set of the 60's(?), complete white a white facemask and helmet decals:

LA_Home.pngLA_Away.png

New Orleans Saints:

The Saints' Color Rush is probably my favorite so the whiteout doesn't change, and I simply made a blackout version of that for their second set:

NO_Home.pngNO_Away.png

San Francisco 49ers:

They probably have one of the worst Color Rush sets so I completely scrapped it and went with a set inspired by their uniforms worn in 1994.

SF_Home.pngSF_Away.png

Thanks for looking, feedback is always appreciated, I'll add teams whenever inspiration hits.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone!

On 9/29/2016 at 4:05 PM, Bolts said:

What template did you use? it looks really good

It's one of Matt Willcox's templates, should be available somewhere in the templates thread.

Ok whipped up a few more:

Arizona Cardinals:

Like the Chargers, I decided to pick an obscure color they no longer use and go with blue. Before their current set their uniforms had a bit of blue trim to them, it's sort of a dark royal. The set takes after their simpler uniforms before their current pipefest. For the whiteout I went with a fauxback:

ARZ_Home.pngARZ_Away.png

Green Bay Packers:

Went with two different fauxbacks, mono-green from the 50's, I think? Removed all white from the uniform. The whiteout is 60's inspired.

GB_Home.pngGB_Away.png

Pittsburgh Steelers:

Their blackout remains mostly the same, went with the standard Northwestern stripe on the sleeve (and fit the whole thing on it). For the whiteout, I found images of them wearing an all-white set from the 60's that had yellow sleeves with a black stripe, so I went with it.

PIT_Home.pngPIT_Away.png

I love these especially the all green pack, but even though I love the look of the blue cards it probably wouldn't go over too well since it's not in their current scheme and wasn't major in their past. Cool duds though

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

On 9/30/2016 at 8:49 PM, Bruins said:

I love these especially the all green pack, but even though I love the look of the blue cards it probably wouldn't go over too well since it's not in their current scheme and wasn't major in their past. Cool duds though

Thank you! Yeah, the blue alt for the Cards would probably be an odd choice, but I didn't want to do a blackout, and I feel like there are going to be a lot of red sets in this so I wanted to switch it up. Plus it's the blue from the state flag, so I may go back and do a set based around that.

While I wait for some more feedback here's a couple more:

Cincinnati Bengals

The I really liked the 'snow tiger' look so the biggest fix was changing the pant stripe. The numbers also have a sublimated tiger stripe pattern on them.

CIN_Home.pngCIN_Away.png

New York Jets:

The all-kelly look remains pretty much the same with some added stripes to the socks. The whiteout is a simplified version of their road look in kelly green. Green facemask has been replaced with a white one and to match the chrome helmet stripes, the pant stripes are chrome as well.

NYJ_Home.pngNYJ_Away.png

Also updated my Saints set with a new shade of gold:

NO_Home.pngNO_Away.png

Had a lot of free time lately so here's a few more fauxback-inspired sets:

Denver Broncos:

Made only a couple of minor changes to what they rolled out; widened the sleeve stripes and changed the facemask to white.

DEN_Home.pngDEN_Away.png

Philadelphia Eagles:

Dropped black from their scheme and made the charcoal gray they use as the primary. Sleeve stripes are a modern take on their old stripe heavy jerseys.

PHI_Home.pngPHI_Away.png

Tennessee Titans:

These probably wouldn't happen, but as a maybe once a year alt why not? Titans go full Oilers with a chrome red facemask.

TEN_Home.pngTEN_Away.png

Denver's exactly how they should be, I'm glad you didn't change much.

Eagles are... interesting. I don't dislike them, I just didn't expect them in silver. I do like the striping.

Titans... you know how it goes. Shut up and take my money.

7 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Nice...but I think the Texans would go Oilers, not the Titans. 

Texans probably wouldn't and they can't really pull it off anyway. Plus, the Oilers do have some history in Tennessee.

21 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Texans probably wouldn't and they can't really pull it off anyway. Plus, the Oilers do have some history in Tennessee.

Yeah that was my thought as well. Not a Texans/Titans/Oilers fan but I believe they took the Oilers' history when they moved/rebranded? The way I look at it, this way the Titans can keep their double blue look, and once a year (if that) throw back to their Oiler days.

8 hours ago, Weapon X said:

Great minds think alike? 

Oh damn, small world. I don't want you to think I'm trying to jack your concepts. So I ended up making quick update to mine by blowing up the sleeve stripes:

PHI_Home.pngPHI_Away.png

I've also had a bunch of other teams done so I thought I'd dump them here:

Chicago Bears:

Went orange instead of navy (for most teams I'm trying to make the color rush sets a different color from their jersey for some contrast), the whiteout is a fauxback that is similar to their current aways with a block font and a navy collar:

CHI_Home.pngCHI_Away.png

Jacksonville Jaguars:

If their helmet was solid black, I would've gone teal. I think the gold jerseys look better than teal with the gradient helmet, however the gold they use doesn't look good as a main color. Luckily their current set uses two different shades of gold, and the lighter gold is closer to a dark yellow. So I used that as the main and styled the uniforms after their classic original set:

JAX_Home.pngJAX_Away.png

Miami Dolphins:

Planned on using orange until I saw how washed out they looked last week, so I went with the dark blue they use as an accent. It looks better than I thought it would. For the whiteout I got a little crazy with it. Since they already have their throwback as an alt, and they seem to want to be known as the 'whiteout' team, I came up with a new all-white look inspired by some of Oregon's whiteouts:

Solid white helmet with a chrome logo and facemask, and all-white jerseys and pants with chrome inserts and 'splashes' of aqua and orange. The numbers are also white/chrome with thick outlines. It probably wouldn't go over well, but, eh, it's the Color Rush.

MIA_Home.pngMIA_Away.png

New England Patriots:

Made small changes, like matching the pant stripe width with the shoulder stripes, and replacing the logo on the sleeve with TV numbers (not a fan of redundant logos)

NE_Home.pngNE_Away.png

Oakland Raiders:

Went for a blackout with black numbers with thick silver outlines. The whiteout remains unchanged, I'm a big fan of the silver numbers look on the white jerseys.

OAK_Home.pngOAK_Away.png

With those five that puts me at the halfway point, so aside from any tweaks or adjustments I'm going to take a break on these for a bit. Feedback is always appreciated, thanks for checking them out.

Bears are solid, Jags too. Interesting choice for the Dolphins, but if there's one thing I love about their normal sets, it's their all-white look. I would've had everything that can be white left white, but that's just me. Pats update is fine, I'm just really glad that this gives them an all-white look that they really need. Raiders are great too. I'm not sure that the blackout would be allowed, but we can all dream :D

1 hour ago, RedmondOrbit said:

Yeah that was my thought as well. Not a Texans/Titans/Oilers fan but I believe they took the Oilers' history when they moved/rebranded? The way I look at it, this way the Titans can keep their double blue look, and once a year (if that) throw back to their Oiler days.

Oh damn, small world. I don't want you to think I'm trying to jack your concepts. So I ended up making quick update to mine by blowing up the sleeve stripes:

PHI_Home.pngPHI_Away.png

It's all good with so many people making color rush jerseys and few few actual good looking options it's hard to not have similar ideas as someone else doesn't help that I have a color rush series going on too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, here are a few more:

Houston Texans:

Went with red for their color, with a new look that features sleeve and pant stripes that mimic the Texas flag.

HOU_Home.png

HOU_Away.png

Indianapolis Colts:

Like the Jets, the Colts brighten up their look by going with royal blue, with chromed out blue helmet decals, stripes, and facemasks. The unis take after the throwback they used to wear with the blue helmets.

IND_Home.pngIND_Away.png

Minnesota Vikings

Took their current color rush set but went with yellow/gold instead of purple. For the whiteout I went for a fauxback look with a white facemask.

MIN_Home.png

MIN_Away.png

Washington Redskins

Redskins go all-burgandy instead of all-gold. Jerseys are slightly different from their current look; Gold numbers and the sleeve stripe is blown up and actually visible. Chose a 60's-era fauxback featuring the feather helmet logo.

Was_Home.png

WAS_Away.png

Archived