Sportslogos College Athletics Association *UNIFORMS BEGIN PAGE 21!*

the_grateful_ted

Hello guys, welcome to the SCAA! If all goes well, this ambitious project should be interesting and fun for the whole community. I do not believe something like this has been done before on the boards, the closest comparison would probably be the soccer club cup project floating around here a while ago. Without further ado, let's get into the general idea and some rules!

General Idea

The general idea of this project is to create an NCAA-like system here on the boards. Each member creates a fictional university, and creates logos and uniforms for different sports for that university. This would not be something you have to apply to, just post your way in. As more people add schools, conferences will be created, expanded, and more will be created. With this, conference logos, bowls and whatever else comes around will be created as well. This will hopefully create a tradition and history of it's own. Traditional sports like Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, and Soccer could be included. However the amount of content for each university is up to the creator. Want to show off your college's womens lacrosse uniforms? Go right ahead!

THIS IS NOT A FANTASY LEAGUE

There are college fantasy leagues here already, this is not meant to replace them. With this idea I don't mean to tread on the toes of fantasy leagues here or the members that diligently compete in them. This is purely for design, for those folks who just want to help create something like another world, and add there own little piece. A note for people who might be in these fantasy leagues, keep those teams in fantasy leagues. Don't mix them into this mess.

So, how do we start something like this?

Initially, people would just post concepts of style guides/logos, NO UNIFORMS YET. This to keep clutter down, and we don't even know what sports we would be covering. Once enough people contributed, conferences could be discussed. This would be continued until concrete decisions are made. Conferences would then be created officially. Concepts would be continually posted, and talks of expansion would open up. A time limit would be set to enter teams into "consideration" (EVERYONE CAN JOIN, NO ONE WILL BE LEFT OUT. CONSIDERATION MEANS WHICH CONFERENCE YOUR TEAM WOULD END UP IN). Once this time limit is up, conference alignment would be set up, and the process would repeat. Somewhere in this process, uniform concepts would be created and other cool stuff like that. I would only ask that you KEEP POSTS CONCISE. DON'T POST FIVE TIMES WHAT YOU CAN POST IN ONE POST (that was a mouthful). Obviously something like this would involve an absurd amount of people, so posting could easily get out of hand. 

Post initially in this format

Name of University:

Nickname:

Location (City, State):

Colors:

*Please attach logo sheets and things like that under, feel free to include other fun stuff about the college as well! 

A Few More Cosmetic Rules

-Schools must be original. Don't try to put in "University of Michigan State" or something stupid like that. This is meant to be 100% original content.

-One primary logo. It doesn't matter if the logo is as simple as a block letter, just make sure there is a clearly defined primary logo. People are of course free to have as many secondary and tertiary logos as they please. 

-At least one primary and one secondary color. Don't just say "My school color is red". It's gotta be at least red and white.

-MAX. two universities to a single metro area (at least to begin with). There's a lot of United States out there, explore it. If there are truly too many universities, there's always room to change this rule.

-Use your best judgement for potentially offensive nicknames and things. Best Judgment. Need I say more?

So, what do you all think? I have a concept locked and loaded but I'd like to hear what you all think first! I think this has the potential to be something fun for the community as a whole, and potentially get newer members stirred up into the pot a little bit. Alot of different levels of expertise would be represented, and noobies and vets alike could receive helpful criticism along the way. It would be a lot of work, and I'd need the help of anyone who wants to get this going! Questions, comments, and concerns are greatly appreciated, hope to hear from all of you!

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is too cool! I'll surely try something out.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

7 hours ago, Niiklaz said:

I'm in!!!

2 hours ago, XenonDesigns said:

Awesome, I'm in!

2 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

I think I might just have to join in! Is there a deadline we will have to submit by?

1 hour ago, RevNet said:

Count me in!

1 hour ago, Davidellias said:

I'm in! I had an idea very similar to this in fact @sleuthpanther

1 hour ago, Pulv! said:

This is too cool! I'll surely try something out.

I'm very happy to hear there is so much interest! @ZionEagle No there will not, deadlines will only start kicking in once the conference expansion "waves" need to start. As of now, we just need enough people to fill out a conference or two!

42 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

Also I think "Sportslogos College Athletic Association" would be a better name, Adding Community in there makes me think its a JUCO league :P

I actually had this exact same thought, I think you just caught me being too cute with it! SCAA it is!

So I'll kick this off with my own concept I cooked up, also you all can get a look at submission format and stuff.

Name of University: Serra University

Nickname: Conquistadors

Location (City, State): Ventura, CA

Colors: Brown, Yellow, White

SerraTitle.pngSerraLogoGrid.png

Serra University was founded in 1905 as a private Catholic university, but now accepts a much more nondenominational status and accepts students from across many backgrounds of faith. With a student population of 13,000, Serra transformed the city of Ventura into a bustling and thriving community with plenty of unique opportunities. A culture of faith is still reflected in the school's motto, "Per gloriam et gratiam". Translated into English meaning "Through grace and honor". Serra has embraced Bravo the Conquistador as their mascot. The school received it's latest athletic identity rebrand by Nike in 2015, and any uniforms associated with that rebrand have yet to be revealed. Serra University is proud of their historically successful Men's Football, Men's Baseball, and Women's Volleyball teams, who annually compete in their respective national tournaments.

Oh no I wouldn't wanna be anywhere but here!

Heres my concept

Name of University: Portland Tech

Nickname: Pioneers

City, State: Portland, Oregon

Main Logo:

image.jpeg

Alternate

image.jpeg

Wordmark

image.jpeg

Portland Technical University (PTU, Portland Tech, Port Tech) was founded in 1961 and is the leading institute for Technology in all of the great state of Oregon. Fans of the Portland Tech Pioneers are usually adorned in coonskin hats and have an affinity for pennies, based on the fact that the name of the city was chosen on a coin flip (The other name was Boston, uh-uh). They've been known to get pretty creative going as far as to make suits, flags, and banners out of pennies, as well as the "Penny Mural" a gigantic wall of pennies that have been written on by students, faculty, and even a few celebs. Fans at their most rambunctious even once showered the field with pennies during a game against Oregon State. Lacking in years, PTU has made up for that in tradition.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I got a few concepts I'd like to try, is five ok?

Here's my first one

Name of University: College of Oak Ridge

Nickname: German Shepards

Location (City, State): Oak Ridge, TN

Colors: Crimson, White, Graphite

History: Formed in 1960, COR, quickly established itself as one of the top school in the field of science. With connections to ORNL and several other tech out in the south it quickly established itself as a premier school for students. One of the common phrases you'll see at COR is "The Research Institute Of the South". This is a sarcastic dig at the main rival of COR, Sewanee.

Also @Bruins I like that primary logo, looks like a cheery late 19th century barkeep :P

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

2 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

I'm very happy to hear there is so much interest! @ZionEagle No there will not, deadlines will only start kicking in once the conference expansion "waves" need to start. As of now, we just need enough people to fill out a conference or two!

I actually had this exact same thought, I think you just caught me being too cute with it! SCAA it is!

So I'll kick this off with my own concept I cooked up, also you all can get a look at submission format and stuff.

Serra University was founded in 1905 as a private Catholic university, but now accepts a much more nondenominational status and accepts students from across many backgrounds of faith. With a student population of 13,000, Serra transformed the city of Ventura into a bustling and thriving community with plenty of unique opportunities. A culture of faith is still reflected in the school's motto, "Per gloriam et gratiam". Translated into English meaning "Through grace and honor". Serra has embraced Bravo the Conquistador as their mascot. The school received it's latest athletic identity rebrand by Nike in 2015, and any uniforms associated with that rebrand have yet to be revealed. Serra University is proud of their historically successful Men's Football, Men's Baseball, and Women's Volleyball teams, who annually compete in their respective national tournaments.

What concept did you use for it? I might throw my hat into this.

3 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

I got a few concepts I'd like to try, is five ok?

Here's my first one

Name of University: College of Oak Ridge

Nickname: Res Storm

Location (City, State): Oak Ridge, TN

Colors: Crimson, White, Graphite

Also @Bruins I like that primary logo, looks like a cheery late 19th century barkeep :P

Five different for five separate colleges? If so, for now just pick your favorite one and and let's start with that! Sorry if that inconveniences you, but lets just start one college for one member. 

2 minutes ago, ZEGH82 said:

What concept did you use for it? I might throw my hat into this.

What do you mean by "What concept"? 

Also @Bruins that's great! I love the pennies backstory.

On September 30, 2016 at 2:14 PM, sleuthpanther said:

Five different for five separate colleges? If so, for now just pick your favorite one and and let's start with that! Sorry if that inconveniences you, but lets just start one college for one member. 

What do you mean by "What concept"? 

Also @Bruins that's great! I love the pennies backstory.

You know like where did you find the template that you used for your team? My apologies for the misunderstanding. Anyways here's my first concept:

Name of University: University of Shelby

Nickname: Hogs

Colors: Black, Gold

History: In 1999, the town of Shelby opened up a Southern Baptist college right near the middle of town. For the first 2 years, they didn't have sports due to the budget. In 2001, the school got the first teams with a basketball and baseball team. They took the name "Hogs" because the town is mostly known for the food livermush. In 2009, they hired former Chiefs linebacker and Pro Football Hall of Famer Bobby Bell as their first ever football coach and he led the team to a 7-5 record in their first season, but lost in a bowl game to the Senna Conquistadors in a close game. Bell is still the head coach and former NFL player Brandon Spikes has taken over for the linebackers since their coach became the head coach for their biggest rival in South Carolina, University of Gaffney Peaches (Fun Fact: Gaffney is home to a famous attraction, a giant metal peach.) The basketball team has yet to show up in the tournament yet, although that might change with legend Michael Jordan as coach. The baseball team is coached by hometown legend, Kenny Powers. The school is also the site of FWA, a professional wrestling company owned by Ric Flair himself. The school is sponsored by Adidas and has become the lovable underdogs of the SCAA.

I got another idea for one but I'll wait for when we can add more teams. The idea was to have a team in South Carolina but only 30 minutes away from Shelby, so their rivalry has bragging rights involved.

13 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

I think you'd have more teams if you let people have multiple schools. I think five is about the limit though.

I realize this, but just one to start out with so the same people aren't flooding the topic with posts.

10 minutes ago, ZEGH82 said:

You know like where did you find the concept that you used for your team?

Well this concept is completely original.

*Edit* No problem! Looking forward to some logos and stuff for Shelby!

6 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

I realize this, but just one to start out with so the same people aren't flooding the topic with posts.

Well this concept is completely original.

*Edit* No problem! Looking forward to some logos and stuff for Shelby!

Certainly. Where could I find some good templates? I've never made one so yeah.

4 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Glad to hear it! I'll get to work with my college then.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Archived