Sportslogos College Athletics Association *UNIFORMS BEGIN PAGE 21!*

the_grateful_ted

Name of University: University of Divine Mercy

Nickname: Rays

Location (City, State): Stockbridge, Massachusetts

Colors: Red, blue, black and white

0Gfevhb.png

The University of Divine Mercy is a private Catholic college affiliated with the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception.  Located in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (right next to the National Shrine of Divine Mercy), the school opened in 2000, shortly after Pope St. John Paul II announced the Feast of Divine Mercy for the universal Church (celebrated on the Sunday after Easter Sunday).  UDM's nickname is the Rays, named after the rays of light coming from the heart of Jesus in the Divine Mercy portrait; the colors of the rays (and official school colors) being red and blue to symbolize the blood and water which flowed from Jesus' side after His death on the cross (John 19:34-35) and to remind us to trust that His Mercy continually overflows for sinners who seek Him, and thereby for us to be merciful to others in return.  As a result, UDM has a strict code of honor and respect for teammates, opponents and officials-any player who taunts is benched for the rest of the game, and any player who fights is dismissed from the team at a minimum (possibly expelled later).

Currently, the football, soccer and lacrosse teams play at Alexander Stadium, while the basketball, volleyball and ice hockey teams play at Chodakowski Fieldhouse.  However, UDM is most famous for their baseball program, which has already qualified for the SCAA World Series eight times in its brief history (though they still await that elusive national championship).  Currently, the team plays 14.5 miles (a 26-minute drive) off-campus at historic Waconah Park in nearby Pittsfield, however, the 5,000-seat Heyward Park is under construction on-campus and set to open for the 2018 season.

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name of University: lansing university

Nickname: bears

Location (City, State): lansing,Michigan 

Colors: maroon, bear blue and gray

JlKasTp.png

Lansing university bears- was founded in 1955 when a wealth gm plant owner wanted his workers to be able to under stand things better and it would make his business look better if his employees were college graduates.so he got together with a few of the other car company owners and petitioned the state. then Lansing state was born. Lansing state has div.1 teams in lacrosse,hockey, basketball,baseball,football and soccer they have had great success in basketball winning 6 national championships and doing a great job recruiting locally.but the rest of there programs haven't had much success the closest coming when the football team made it to the ironically GM BOWL  in 2004 but losing a heart breaker on a game winning hail Mary.

4 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

@Bruins Nice choice for the wordmark. It goes well with your team. If I could give some advice on the primary logo, maybe you could thicken the facial outline, as well as the cheekbone(?) outlines. That would really make this a great identity.

I agree with you and here's the update. Thanks!

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Name: Las Cruces University

Nickname: Coyotes

Colors: Burnt Orange, Gray, and Black

In 1921, after 18 year old Henry Washington was rejected from his 1 choice in universities, he set out to found his own public university, with low academic benchmarks, so many people who may not have a chance of college otherwise, have the chance to continue their studies, and benefit themselves in their future. Just 10 years later, Las Cruces University opened, and it took only a few years, before the students of the new LCU began to long for athletic teams. In 1936, LCU raised enough funding for both a football and basketball team. Since then, the rest was history. Now, LCU is one of the most historic and prestigious football schools. As of lately, they have struggled in the last 3 seasons, with a combined record of 16-20. Despite this, they have hired a new coach and have made quite a splash among the young players looking to make it to the collegiate level. As for other sports, they never have really put together a top notch basketball team, and their baseball team will find success for a short stretch every now and then. Today, Las Cruces University is one of the most prosperous universities in New Mexico, and have every sport offered, with football their main focus.

LCU Presentation 2.pngLCU Presentation 3.png

5844649c6ef90_FiestaBowl_sig.png.2c502c8100468192da258ffb92d59593.png

this is a really good concept although the coyote looks a little geometric. try to smooth out the bottom a little and cut out the angles, and maybe add a few fur tufts outside. you can make that coyote wicked cool with some tweaking, nice work

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

3 minutes ago, spartan lover- said:

can you have two teams 

you can't have two teams right now, but there might be openings in the future

Lz5f6vZ.png

1 hour ago, TheBenchwarmer said:

Is this just for America, or would Canadian teams be accepted as well?

Well there wasn't anything explicitly saying the teams have to be in America, so I would assume a Canadian college would be allowed. Although it does ask for the State, but I'm sure changing that to a province wouldn't be difficult. 

Done with my concept! I've put quite of bit time into researching some real life facts to tie into my story :D 

Name of University: Thomas Stewart Academy

Nickname: Armadillos

Location (City, State): DeSoto, Texas

Colors:  Blue (31, 81, 144), Gold (221, 207, 118), and White (255, 255, 255)

Motto: Live to learn, learn to live.

History of the Academy's founding

In the late 1970's, the city of DeSoto voted to build a college campus within its city limits. The population of DeSoto was expanding due to rapid business and industrial growth, and more families had settled in the once small Texas town. The new citizens of DeSoto had wanted an institute of higher learning that would be closer than those located in Dallas. Thus, the city granted a plot of land for the Academy, and construction commenced on January 17, 1978.  

The college was set to open in 1981, the centennial of the naming of DeSoto. Conveniently, the academy was named after the same person the city was named after.

The college was small to begin with, and at the time had no athletic programs. Their school logo was DeSoto's emblem, an eagle. But a little over 30 years later, big things were in store for TSA.

Something new for TSA

In 2010, an influx of students came into the academy from various locations throughout Texas. TSA had since gained a reputation for it's excellent education, making it popular among college aged Texans. The Academy realized it needed to expand to accommodate the new arrivals. With the new students came the desire to create sport programs. TSA petitioned the city government for funds to build an expansion to its campuses, as well as multiple sports facilities for five main sports (Football, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, and Hockey.)

The new facilities were completed in 2014, and the Academy set to work at creating an identity.

The School logo

The first thing the Academy did was create a school crest.

vRDtLI4.png

The school decided to incorporate as much of the city's heritage as possible into the design. The colors of the academy were chosen to match DeSoto's flag. The logo features a variation to the American flag, a tribute to the fact that the city was honored in 2006 with the title of "All-American City" The single star stands for Texas. This crest is featured as the college logo, as well as serving as the soccer team's logo.

The sport branding

Even though the facilities have been completed for two years now, the teams will not compete until the 2017 season. The logos have been designed, as have the jerseys (although the jerseys have yet to be revealed).

Their colors are blue, gold, and white. The mascot was intended to be an eagle, but the students wanted to have an original identity. So in the end, the students adopted Stewie, the armadillo, as their mascot and primary mark.

3b4Duhc.png

The armadillo features many things that tie it into the school logo. It is used for all sports, with the exception of soccer, although it is surprisingly not featured on the football team's helmet.

The wordmark is always seen combined with the armadillo.

G3o2ID4.png

However it is seldom used.

The secondary logo is the one featured on the helmet.

4WcpqCr.png

And is also in use as the baseball cap logo, in addition to other uses.

The Tertiary is in use on certain jerseys, and is sometimes used to represent the athletics program.

NtCMiz2.png

There is one variation of this logo that is almost never used.

vDDGfQZ.png

The uniforms are set to be released soon.

Apologies for the long post, feedback welcomed :P 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

8 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

Well there wasn't anything explicitly saying the teams have to be in America, so I would assume a Canadian college would be allowed. Although it does ask for the State, but I'm sure changing that to a province wouldn't be difficult. 

Done with my concept! I've put quite of bit time into researching some real life facts to tie into my story :D 

In the late 1970's, the city of DeSoto voted to build a college campus within its city limits. The population of DeSoto was expanding due to rapid business and industrial growth, and more families had settled in the once small Texas town. The new citizens of DeSoto had wanted an institute of higher learning that would be closer than those located in Dallas. Thus, the city granted a plot of land for the Academy, and construction commenced on January 17, 1978.  

The college was set to open in 1981, the centennial of the naming of DeSoto. Conveniently, the academy was named after the same person the city was named after.

The college was small to begin with, and at the time had no athletic programs. Their school logo was DeSoto's emblem, an eagle. But a little over 30 years later, big things were in store for TSA.

Something new for TSA

In 2010, an influx of students came into the academy from various locations throughout Texas. TSA had since gained a reputation for it's excellent education, making it popular among college aged Texans. The Academy realized it needed to expand to accommodate the new arrivals. With the new students came the desire to create sport programs. TSA petitioned the city government for funds to build an expansion to its campuses, as well as multiple sports facilities for five main sports (Football, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, and Hockey.)

The new facilities were completed in 2014, and the Academy set to work at creating an identity.

The School logo

vRDtLI4.png

The school decided to incorporate as much of the city's heritage as possible into the design. The colors of the academy were chosen to match DeSoto's flag. The logo features a variation to the American flag, a tribute to the fact that the city was honored in 2006 with the title of "All-American City" The single star stands for Texas. This crest is featured as the college logo, as well as serving as the soccer team's logo.

The sport branding

Even though the facilities have been completed for two years now, the teams will not compete until the 2017 season. The logos have been designed, as have the jerseys (although the jerseys have yet to be revealed).

Their colors are blue, gold, and white. The mascot was intended to be an eagle, but the students wanted to have an original identity. So in the end, the students adopted Stewie, the armadillo, as their mascot and primary mark.

3b4Duhc.png

The armadillo features many things that tie it into the school logo. It is used for all sports, with the exception of soccer, although it is surprisingly not featured on the football team's helmet.

G3o2ID4.png

4WcpqCr.png

The Tertiary is in use on certain jerseys, and is sometimes used to represent the athletics program.

NtCMiz2.png

vDDGfQZ.png

Looking very nice!

44 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

Something new for TSA

The School logo

vRDtLI4.png

The sport branding

3b4Duhc.png

G3o2ID4.png

4WcpqCr.png

NtCMiz2.png

vDDGfQZ.png

Wow, beautiful

Lz5f6vZ.png

1 hour ago, ZionEagle said:

Something new for TSA

The School logo

vRDtLI4.png

The sport branding

3b4Duhc.png

G3o2ID4.png

4WcpqCr.png

NtCMiz2.png

vDDGfQZ.png

This is stunning, great work as usual. 

Wow. @ZionEagle, do you have any ties to DeSoto at all, or was it a random selection. Feels pretty cool to have my school in Waxahachie and your school in DeSoto. Feels like we've obviously got to turn this into a rivalry, considering only the small towns of Red Oak and Glenn Heights separate our schools on I-35.

4 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

Wow. @ZionEagle, do you have any ties to DeSoto at all, or was it a random selection. Feels pretty cool to have my school in Waxahachie and your school in DeSoto. Feels like we've obviously got to turn this into a rivalry, considering only the small towns of Red Oak and Glenn Heights separate our schools on I-35.

Well no, I don't have ties to DeSoto, but I did a lot of research to select the perfect city. I wanted to do an Armadillo, and their range extends into Texas, so I wanted to pick a town in Texas. 

But that's pretty cool! I guess we will have to have a rivalry >:D 

(Sorry to disappoint you :P )

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

1 minute ago, ColeJ said:

One question, why is the wordmark DSA when the school initials are TSA?

I see what TSA stands for, but what does DSA stand for?

DeSoto Armadillos. The DSA is solely for the sport teams. TSA is only the name of the academy, and doesn't really tie into the sport aspect.

I don't have a wordmark, just a seal for the academy.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Archived