Sportslogos College Athletics Association *UNIFORMS BEGIN PAGE 21!*

the_grateful_ted

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ColeJ said:

Ohhhhh... De Soto Armadillos... Didn't realize you broke DeSoto into two words for it. Makes sense. Good work.

Good, thanks man :D And about that rivalry.....Buffaloes vs Armadillos....doesn't that have such a nice ring to it?

The match made in heaven.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

29 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

Good, thanks man :D And about that rivalry.....Buffaloes vs Armadillos....doesn't that have such a nice ring to it?

The match made in heaven.

Very Texas. :)

The Battle of the Loes.

@sleuthpanther Couple of ?s. First of all, how's the map coming along? I tallied and we have a total of 14 colleges (13 designed) so far.

Next, when will we start to form divisions. I know we need more schools, but is there a certain number, or do we just go along and form conferences with other colleges we choose? (I've noticed geographically we have 7 schools so far in the southern "Sun Belt" region from Cali to NC. We have 2 schools in the Northeast, both in Massachusetts. West of Texas, we have 4 teams so far. Midwest has 3 teams not counting Texas or Tennessee). 

Updates to UNE +A few little campus renders

Primary:

lol.png

Wordmark

lol22.png

Academic

K?as.png

Secondary

Ay.png

Main Hall built in 1878

VIZ_0022.png

The stadium located right behind the hall

VIZ_0023.png

Overview of the South Boston campus with the athletic center (top left), main hall and stadium (top right) an original 19th century building (right) and a new dorm-apartment style building (middle). I'm not good at texutres so white is the best I can do at the moment, sorry. I may consider modeling all the buildings if theres enough interest. 

VIZ_0024.png

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

@~Bear, Just my opinion, but I think you should tweak the name for the Kodiaks. Alaska Juneau State University just sounds cumbersome and awkward, if you want, I'd suggest maybe something like Alaska St - Juneau or ASU-Juneau.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

1 hour ago, Davidellias said:

@~Bear, Just my opinion, but I think you should tweak the name for the Kodiaks. Alaska Juneau State University just sounds cumbersome and awkward, if you want, I'd suggest maybe something like Alaska St - Juneau or ASU-Juneau.

It is a mouthful. The school goes by Alaska-Juenea, but I see where you're coming from and you have a good point. In real life, however, you have California Polytechnic State University that goes by Cal Poly, University of Nevada, Las Vegas that goes by UNLV; UTEP, BGSU, and UTSA (although these go with the city names), and University of Louisiana at Monroe that goes by ULM or Louisiana-Monroe. I guess AJSTU is your resident "long name university." 

Also, I'm happy with the way he wordmark and logos turned out, and I'd have to tweak them and they wouldn't flow as well together, especially with an even number of letters. Thanks for your concern though. I'm working on other universities to present when we can make more than one in this thread and they have much shorter names ^_^

added a little more back story to my waxahachie state buffaloes... hope you enjoy.

Buffalo Creek Teachers College was founded in 1929, to act as a more secular and liberal alternative to Waxahachie's other academic center, Trinity University (now in San Antonio). Buffalo Creek Teachers College focused not only on the pursuit of knowledge, but passing that knowledge on to the next generation of young Texan minds. BCTC became an epicenter for training teachers that would go on to make names for themselves all around the state. 

In 1967, Buffalo Creek Teachers College officially rebranded itself as Waxahachie State University. 1970 saw the first and only season of collegiate sports in the history of this highly regarded academic institution, as the Waxahachie State Buffaloes football team would struggle to a woeful 0-10 record, scoring only 2 touchdowns all season. Interest in the program never really took off, and the athletic department was cancelled after the inaugural season.

After decades of rumors and rumblings, and a sizable donation from some very successful alumni, the Waxahachie State University Buffaloes will be returning to action in the fall of 2016, for the first time since the 1970 season. Football, Men and Women's Hockey, and Men and Women's Basketball will be the flagship sports, with a strong possibility of Baseball and Softball to be added in the summer.

9 hours ago, Chapeeko said:

Hey @spartan lover-, I put my own spin on your stuff.

Lansing Bears.png

Dude that is just spectacular :D

6 hours ago, ColeJ said:

added a little more back story to my waxahachie state buffaloes... hope you enjoy.

Buffalo Creek Teachers College was founded in 1929, to act as a more secular and liberal alternative to Waxahachie's other academic center, Trinity University (now in San Antonio). Buffalo Creek Teachers College focused not only on the pursuit of knowledge, but passing that knowledge on to the next generation of young Texan minds. BCTC became an epicenter for training teachers that would go on to make names for themselves all around the state. 

In 1967, Buffalo Creek Teachers College officially rebranded itself as Waxahachie State University. 1970 saw the first and only season of collegiate sports in the history of this highly regarded academic institution, as the Waxahachie State Buffaloes football team would struggle to a woeful 0-10 record, scoring only 2 touchdowns all season. Interest in the program never really took off, and the athletic department was cancelled after the inaugural season.

After decades of rumors and rumblings, and a sizable donation from some very successful alumni, the Waxahachie State University Buffaloes will be returning to action in the fall of 2016, for the first time since the 1970 season. Football, Men and Women's Hockey, and Men and Women's Basketball will be the flagship sports, with a strong possibility of Baseball and Softball to be added in the summer.

I like how you set up the backstory. Very interesting read.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Name of University: Lake Tahoe Tech

Nickname: Sierra Guardians

Location (City, State): Carson City, Nevada

Colors: Rocky Gray (dark gray), Glacier Gray (light gray), Sierra Green (dark green), Tahoe Blue (navy)

Motto: Altius tendam (tend higher!)

lake taohe tech.pnglaketaohe logos.png

Lake Tahoe Tech was founded in 1956 after South Lake University, also located in Carson City, defaulted due to not enough enrollements in the 1954/1955 academic year. Professor Florence Parker, who taught applicate physics in SLU, found out that the problem of the poor likability of his university was due to the absence of Engineering and practical studies carreers in it. For this reason Parker decided to start a new university in Carson City urban area which was to be a polytechnic school.

LTT sport dept. ever since 1957 sported a team in almost every varsity sport they could get from SCAA. Although they had thousands of alumni playing dozens of different sports they never reached a single  national championship in major sports. For this reason LTT teams were always not feared from other universities.

This trend changed in 1986 when a new dean decided to convoy all efforts only on major sports, for example the pelota basca team was shut down in 1987...

After some year with this trend but with no major sports championship the same, the sport dept. decided to give a new try to the "all could do" philosophy and they are still trying it... 

The only two sports in wich LTT teams are powerhouses are alpine skiing(1960, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1976, 1979, 1980, 1988, 1993,1996,1999,2004,2006,2013,2014,2015 national titles won) and sailing (1958, 1965, 1974,1975, 1982,1985, 1999, 2001,2007,2008, 2014 national titles won mostly in Finn and Hobie 16 classes).

When it was time to chose a name for the sport teams, the uni council was strongly divided between the name Lakers or the name Trappers (Carson City is called after Kit Carson) so in order to temper this big  difference it was decided to give a name which was both linked to trappers and to the lake landscape. This is why they went with Sierra (for mighty sierra nevada) Guardians (meaning the mountain men guarding the sierra).

LTT mascot is called Kit the Warden and is a beardy mountain man.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Hey again guys, I got the map done finally, sorry it took so long!

SCAAMap.png

Not a bad start, a few notes. @TheLogoManiac13 your logo was very pixelated, when I tried to render it was not 100% fixed. @MBurmy Yours was pixielated as well, I just redid it myself. I tried not to change alot, I just made the "rays" more ray like and less linear.

I also came up with a more conceptual map which I think is much more impressive to look at. The logos are arranged in general geographical position. Enjoy!OG12.png

Edit* You're in @Pulv!

16 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

Hey again guys, I got the map done finally, sorry it took so long!

SCAAMap.png

Not a bad start, a few notes. @TheLogoManiac13 your logo was very pixelated, when I tried to render it was not 100% fixed. @MBurmy Yours was pixielated as well, I just redid it myself. I tried not to change alot, I just made the "rays" more ray like and less linear.

I also came up with a more conceptual map which I think is much more impressive to look at. The logos are arranged in general geographical position. Enjoy!OG12.png

*EDIT* Shoot sorry @Pulv! I didn't see your concept just now! If you could message me just the primary logo I can get you and Las Cruces added to the map!

The map and logo sheet looks great. I made an edit to my armadillo, hope you don't mind.

KQPuxNE.png

Everything looks awesome!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Archived