Sportslogos College Athletics Association *UNIFORMS BEGIN PAGE 21!*

the_grateful_ted

15 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

This thread is awesome.

12 minutes ago, Bruins said:

Seconded.

I'll third that, it's been a blast so far and we're not even in the best parts yet!

@ZionEagle Not at all, I was actually going to ask you about that cause it looked a little wonky. 

@Pulv! I'm going to add you and Lac Cruces to the conceptual thing when I figure out how I want to do that, till now just hold tight!

Also now that we're gaining some numbers, let the conference alignment talks commence! There really is not a specific amount that needs to be in each conference, so let's figure it out!  

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name of University: University of North Eastern New York

Nickname: Bulls

Location (City, State): Watertown, NY

Colors: Forest Green (Dark Green), Thousand Island Blue (Light Blue), White

Motto:  "Doleo ab inspiratione rerum" (Creativity bleeds from inspiration.)

nqjcKCV.png

1. Primary 2. Script 3. Alternate. 

Brief History:

In 1967 local Watertown resident/millionaire Eric Murphy wanted to live out his childhood dream of owning his own university. He started the University of North Eastern New York with only 500 students. Even though the school struggled to make a profit in its first few years, it quickly became known nationally as having an outstanding Farming and Biology Programs. In the mid 1980's the school exploded onto the scene by inventing a new way heard cattle, that is currently under patent under the university. Quickly the school went from 4,000 students, to 15,000 students, and that number was growing. in 1993  the school started its sports program. A School wide vote, resulted in the name "Bulls" being chosen for its official school nickname. Currently the school competes in many different sports such as Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Lacross, Cricket, Water Polo, Volleyball, and is looking to start a dodge ball program. It has a very successful basketball program, surprising the collegiate world in the 2007 march madness tournament, making it to the Final Form. One of it's most famed traditions is doing the "Heard the Cattle" dance at sporting events, as the infamous "Cotton Eyed Joe" Blares over the loudspeakers.

More to come in the upcoming days 

SIG.png

@sleuthpanther Yeah, I was thinking about that :P 

Well I counted teams, and if we divided into north and south divisions we'd currently have 8 Northern and 6 Southern. If we divided teams from east to west, we'd have 7 teams in each conference. 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

1 hour ago, sleuthpanther said:

Hey again guys, I got the map done finally, sorry it took so long!

SCAAMap.png

Not a bad start, a few notes. @TheLogoManiac13 your logo was very pixelated, when I tried to render it was not 100% fixed. @MBurmy Yours was pixielated as well, I just redid it myself. I tried not to change alot, I just made the "rays" more ray like and less linear.

I also came up with a more conceptual map which I think is much more impressive to look at. The logos are arranged in general geographical position. Enjoy!OG12.png

Edit* You're in @Pulv!

Sorry about the pixelization...and a HUGE thank you for the fix, @sleuthpanther!

bYhYmxh.png

I think big questions for conferences are

(A) How will they differ sport to sport?

(B) Will we have a system similar to the Power 5 and the Group of 5 with bigger colleges in bigger conferences?

(C) If the answer to B is no, will they be grouped solely geographically or more like a joint grouping together (i.e. people agree to join together in conferences)

I think we should wait a couple more days for more schools (~25 to 30) and then seriously start creating conferences. 

19 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

I think big questions for conferences are

(A) How will they differ sport to sport?

(B) Will we have a system similar to the Power 5 and the Group of 5 with bigger colleges in bigger conferences?

(C) If the answer to B is no, will they be grouped solely geographically or more like a joint grouping together (i.e. people agree to join together in conferences)

I think we should wait a couple more days for more schools (~25 to 30) and then seriously start creating conferences. 

Definitely all big, good questions to be raised. I'll try to answer a few (other people can chime in to).

(A) That's up to you guys. I know all my teams will be in the same conference. However, if someone doesn't want their school to participate in a sport, then obviously that conference would lose a team for that one sport. 

(B) I think that would require an absurd amount of schools, I'm leaning more towards no.

(C) Mostly geographically, but if there are gray areas where teams could join a few, then it can be discussed and it's up to them.

Agreed. I think we can hit that number for sure.

Name of University: University of Spokane

Nickname: Grouse

Location(City, State): Spokane, Washington

Team Colours: Brown/Orange (#ad8001), Light Orange (#efbd31), White

(If someone could help me create a logo that would be greatly appreciated)

@Chapeeko That looks awesome! Although I think I'm more in favor of his original colors, without the gold.

@LA_AngelsI think your logo updates look much better than what you first came up with. I would make the horns have the same outline thickness as the letters however.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Archived