AL Wild Card: Toronto over Baltimore

ALDS: Toronto over Texas in 5

ALDS: Boston over Cleveland in 4

ALCS: Boston over Toronto in 5

NL Wild Card: San Francisco over New York

NLDS: Chicago over San Francisco in 4

NLDS: Washington over Los Angeles in 4

NLCS: Chicago over Washington in 6

World Series: Chicago over Boston in 7 (Chicago parties like it's 1908)

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy f***ing s**t. 

Worst bullpen management I have ever seen.

And the most fun I've had watching a sporting event in my life (I couldn't watch game 5 of the ALDS).

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

1 minute ago, 2001mark said:

Cito Gaston keeping Britton in the bullpen was genius.

It wasn't so much the fact that Britton was kept out (that was puzzling, but let's not forget that Brach and O'Day shut the Jays down), it was that ubaldo was put in. In a game where you need immediate results, you don't bring in a pitcher that is a slow starter. IMO Brittin or Dylan Bundy would've been much better options. Basically anyone but Ubaldo. 

spacer.png

Was there some reason why Britton and his 0.54 ERA wasn't used?  Fredi Gonzalez was heavily criticized for not using Kimbrel in a 2-inning save situation to try to extend the series to a deciding 5th game a few years ago.

There's no shame in getting beat when it's your best guy out there.  Anything else, and you're short-changing your team.

2 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

It wasn't so much the fact that Britton was kept out (that was puzzling, but let's not forget that Brach and O'Day shut the Jays down), it was that ubaldo was put in. In a game where you need immediate results, you don't bring in a pitcher that is a slow starter. IMO Brittin or Dylan Bundy would've been much better options. Basically anyone but Ubaldo

You bring that guy in during an early series game me thinks, to preserve bullpen arms/routines for extended tight series.

Road 1 & done play-in?  Twitter's on fire right now for it all. 

lols

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Buck Showalter just said Britton was available, but that "Ubaldo had been pitching better than anyone for us" which is absolutely hilariously wrong. I never knew such a good manager could :censored: up this bad.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I sort think the world wants another showdown between Toronto and Texas. The first act had the Bat Flip... the second act had the greatest sucker punch in the history of sucker punches... I can't wait for the third act.

Buck Showalter is gonna have to consider a job a little less cerebral than managing an American League baseball team, something like the guy who sits at the top of a water slide and tells you when you can go.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Best wishes to Chicago. I think this is their year to get a free ticket to the world series considering all the other NL teams injuries. I'm pulling for Cleveland or Texas in the AL but Boston looks scary as of late. 

I'll predict Chicago vs. Texas in the WS.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Toronto vs Texas 2 is gonna be drunk. I can't wait. 

Every time Encarnacion does something good for the Blue Jays I'm reminded that the Reds traded him for 35 year old Scott Rolen. What a moment that was last night though. If you're gonna give up a season ending dong you might as well let them hit 650 feet. My goodness. 

Showalter leaving his best reliever on the bullpen bench is dumb and then he got away with it twice and then couldn't help himself. It's almost like these guys want to see how close to the fire they can get.

Let's Go Mets. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived