2016 MLB Playoffs

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Thomas said:

The new dugout jackets has a very plasticky looking script , do not like !

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266/v1202999983/bumgarner-discusses-shutout-wild-card-victory

It's sort of rubbery, similar to the rear neckline logos on the practice fleece, but thinner.  It's not as nice as the twill they use on jerseys, but it's probably more durable than the twill applique logos they had been using.

1 hour ago, skwid said:

It's sort of rubbery, similar to the rear neckline logos on the practice fleece, but thinner.  It's not as nice as the twill they use on jerseys, but it's probably more durable than the twill applique logos they had been using.

right, those from last year and so. Much better

The Giants added placket piping in either 2011 or 2012

san-francisco-giants-world-series.jpg

1548494361.jpg

and it looks a lot worse. That's a lot of letters on the front of that jersey, they didn't need another thing cluttering it up. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I also don't like that the placket piping doesn't match the sleeve and pants piping (black vs. orange-black-orange).  If you're going to have placket and sleeve piping, they should match.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I hated the updates to the Giants' road jersey in 2012. The unnecessary placket piping is bad enough, but the mismatching placket piping versus sleeve and pants piping makes it even worse. They had such an attractive road uniform previously - it's a shame how they needlessly screwed it up.

I'm also not a fan of the SF alternate uniform, personally. The full city name looks considerably better, and I'm generally not a fan of chest monograms on road uniforms (though some exceptions would exist).

5 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Per their Twitter account, the Indians are in their home whites tonight. They've worn the navy alts a lot down the stretch, but tonight's pitcher Trevor Bauer seems to prefer the standard home/away sets when he pitches.

they better be ! sad when that is something they have to tell people.

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Blue Jays at it again with the blue uniforms. I'd prefer they wear their primary's because I'm tired of seeing blue

I agree. Their greys are so good too! 

I think the Blue Jays have one of the absolute best sets in the majors, and that includes the blues. However, if I had to rank each uni, I'd rank it 1) Home whites  2) Road greys 3) Alt blues. I hope they don't end up neglecting the other two (superior) uniforms, especially if they end up making a run. I'd prefer a great moment be in one of their best looks.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 10/5/2016 at 5:03 PM, leopard88 said:

I haven't read anything confirming it, but I'm fairly certain this theory is right.

As for not wearing the black alts on a non-Friday since the 2012 wild card game, I don't recall them ever wearing them on a non-Friday before last night.

FWIW, I've seen the Orioles wear the black jerseys during the 2nd legs of doubleheaders before, especially on the road (I know they did it at Yankee Stadium before). Then again, it stands to reason that DH'ers might be an exception to such a rule.

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

FWIW, I've seen the Orioles wear the black jerseys during the 2nd legs of doubleheaders before, especially on the road (I know they did it at Yankee Stadium before). Then again, it stands to reason that DH'ers might be an exception to such a rule.

From what my memory gives me, Orioles wear the jersey that corresponds to the original my scheduled day of the jersey. So if the canceled game was on a Friday or Saturday, they wear black or orange respectively.

I also went to a makeup game on 12 September 2014(a Friday), where the Orioles wore their home whites because the game being made up was a Thursday(11 September 2014). They then wore black in the nightcap. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived