2016-17 NBA Season

PittsburghSucks

7 hours ago, tp49 said:

And at his presser just now Divac admitted he had a better deal two days ago.  Who the hell admits that?  This is what happens when you have no clue what you're doing and surround yourself with yes men.  Oh they waived Matt Barnes too (this I don't really have an issue with.)

Well, if someone above you makes that choice, it's your attempt to toss them under the bus.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, tp49 said:

And at his presser just now Divac admitted he had a better deal two days ago.  Who the hell admits that?  This is what happens when you have no clue what you're doing and surround yourself with yes men.  Oh they waived Matt Barnes too (this I don't really have an issue with.)

kobebryanthornets.gif

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

10 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

That frontcourt is among the best in the league now, but the Pels need a backcourt. Go after a big fish this summer. 

They have no record of success, but doesn't it feel like NO should be a bigger free agent destination than it is?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Woah -- Magic Johnson just replaced Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak (with the assumption Magic will appoint a new GM).

Magic's philosophy seems to be "get good players and win games," which is fundamentally right but is missing some details on how to do that.

The NBA is littered with former stars who mess up the talent evaluation and development side of the equation; Jerry West is quite possibly the only successful example (if we all agree Dumars lucked into the Pistons run).

Godspeed Magic Johnson.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

That frontcourt is among the best in the league now, but the Pels need a backcourt. Go after a big fish this summer. 

Hard to go after "big fish" when Davis takes up 25% of the cap and Cousins possiblt taking up 30%.

30 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Woah -- Magic Johnson just replaced Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak (with the assumption Magic will appoint a new GM).

Magic's philosophy seems to be "get good players and win games," which is fundamentally right but is missing some details on how to do that.

The NBA is littered with former stars who mess up the talent evaluation and development side of the equation; Jerry West is quite possibly the only successful example (if we all agree Dumars lucked into the Pistons run).

Godspeed Magic Johnson.

Magic will quit 12-21 months in after he sees something else shiny in the corner and two summers of free agency pass with little talent coming there.

Some of you remember Magic, the coach, and Magic, the talk show host right? This will be the third failed job of his.

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Godspeed Magic Johnson.

I wonder if Lebron would be a good GM after he retires. He's basically been doing it for the last 8-9 years anyways. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I wonder if Lebron would be a good GM after he retires. He's basically been doing it for the last 8-9 years anyways. 

After reading the Pablo Torre article on LeBron, I'm not sure that basketball will be his focus after he retires.

22 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I think if they would've held onto Eric Gordon this year, they'd be a 7th or 8th seed. Add in Boogie to that, and you've got a decent triple threat. 

Gordon's effectiveness this year is due to him playing a career low in minutes, 31.5. If he played 35+, he'd likely to done for the season.

11 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Gordon's effectiveness this year is due to him playing a career low in minutes, 31.5. If he played 35+, he'd likely to done for the season.

He played 33 last season and scored over 15 a game. I think if Unibrow had stayed healthy last year, they'd be back in the playoffs as they were the year before. They had a deep team, with Gordon, Ryan Andersen, plus Asik was still serviceable.

sig.png

5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Godspeed Magic Johnson.

If Dumars' tenure in Detroit didn't end as bad as it did, I would say he's almost West's equal in that regard...only the other superstar-turned-exec/coach that has been relatively successful is Larry Bird.

As far as Magic...the only thing that's surprising is the timing--even when the Magic Man was making his rounds in Bristol last week (on First Take, in particular), he openly campaigned for Jim Buss' job.  In a way, I do feel for Mitch Kupchak...he was a loyal solider to the Lakers for over 35 years (player, assistant GM, GM), and ironically enough, it was Magic who recruited Kupchak to L.A. from D.C. when the latter signed as a free agent in 1981.  He also took a lot of flack (some of undeserved IMO) from the fanbase and the kiss-ass L.A. media (assclowns like Bill Plaschke and T.J. Simers especially) for not getting bigger star players--of course, not realizing how cap-strapped the Lakers were year-in and year-out.

Just based on his championship pedigree and the tutelage under Jerry West, I would love see him as the Clippers' GM/VP...kick lil Larry Frank back to the bench, and take away Doc's decision-making power.  No offense to Frank and the rest of Doc's cronies, but there needs to be checks-and-balances established between the front office and the coach.

The Lakers traded Lou Williams to the Rockets for their 2017 first round pick (likely 20-something) and chicken-legged Corey Brewer. Lou Williams was clearly playing too well to be stuck on a losing team, but it was cool to see a guy playing up to being a Laker, rather than looking around dumbfounded.

Brewer seems like a fair enough piece to receive in return. He's competent and likely to go off for 50 points at any moment (no he's not..but he did). It's just too bad his legs are so skinny.

Today is NBA Christmas!

Nerlens Noel gets traded to a team that's interested in playing real basketball instead of fantasy, and Philly gets a protected first rounder, Justin Anderson (who I don't know) and sulking Andrew Bogut.

I'm really happy for Noel. He's a good talent and could be a real star in the league, especially playing for a coach and franchise interested in player development.

I guess Okafor stays? Or who knows? I'd rather have Embiid and Noel than Embiid, Okafor and Bogut.

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Today is NBA Christmas!

Nerlens Noel gets traded to a team that's interested in playing real basketball instead of fantasy, and Philly gets a protected first rounder, Justin Anderson (who I don't know) and sulking Andrew Bogut.

I'm really happy for Noel. He's a good talent and could be a real star in the league, especially playing for a coach and franchise interested in player development.

I guess Okafor stays? Or who knows? I'd rather have Embiid and Noel than Embiid, Okafor and Bogut.

Bogut is in the last year of his contract, so expect the Sixers to buy him out.

They are already trying to move Bogut. IMHO, Okafor will be gone in a couple of hours. Meanwhile, Embiid will miss the next 4 games and I don't expect Simmons to play at all this year. The Sixers Tank Era continues! But hey, TRUST THE PROCESS!

Archived