2016-17 NBA Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

They are already trying to move Bogut. IMHO, Okafor will be gone in a couple of hours. Meanwhile, Embiid will miss the next 4 games and I don't expect Simmons to play at all this year. The Sixers Tank Era continues! But hey, TRUST THE PROCESS!

I always wondered what it would look like if you let a bunch of hfboards posters run an NBA team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The hell is coangelo thinking?

i don't know basketball but I know that Noel and Embiid are BFF and the latter has said repeatedly that he doesn't want Noel to be traded. Also the few times I've watched, Noel looked really good. So they dump a good player for nothing, piss off their star, and are left with Okafor who may or may not be anything. 

Maybe it's because Noel's rookie contract was up?  What a ripoff - no more embiid, no simons, no Noel, and no winning - again.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

48 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The hell is coangelo thinking?

i don't know basketball but I know that Noel and Embiid are BFF and the latter has said repeatedly that he doesn't want Noel to be traded. Also the few times I've watched, Noel looked really good. So they dump a good player for nothing, piss off their star, and are left with Okafor who may or may not be anything. 

Maybe it's because Noel's rookie contract was up?  What a ripoff - no more embiid, no simons, no Noel, and no winning - again.  

He's doing what Harris and the other owners tell him to do

The 76ers are a joke franchise. That January winning streak was nice and seemed to be kind of the point of developing young talent.

But to just flush it all out for yet more draft picks? Pro sports aren't the futures market, you know? Playing to win for 1/6th of the season is bull :censored:.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The 76ers are a joke franchise. That January winning streak was nice and seemed to be kind of the point of developing young talent.

But to just flush it all out for yet more draft picks? Pro sports aren't the futures market, you know? Playing to win for 1/6th of the season is bull :censored:.

Don't worry, Adam Silver will just do what he's been doing about the team since he took the job...Next to zero.

At least I know what the 76ers are doing. I don't like it, but I get it. I have no idea what the Bulls are doing. They traded up for Doug McDermott and then traded another pick to get rid of him. What a waste.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

At least I know what the 76ers are doing. I don't like it, but I get it. I have no idea what the Bulls are doing. They traded up for Doug McDermott and then traded another pick to get rid of him. What a waste.

What are they doing though?  At least 'the process' involved getting future top picks and shedding salary and stockpiling potentially great players that conveniently couldn't play due to injuries.  This is just trading one of those players for next to nothing, keeping one that didn't work out, and intentionally keeping a great one out.  I get that they're going to lose the rest of their games, but wouldn't it make more sense to just keep Noel rather than give him up for nothing?

Here's exactly why the NBA is the worst league on earth and the most frustrating to figure out for a casual fan.

1.  The Sixers traded a former top draft pick for an expiring contract - a player they're just going to buy out.

2.  They traded him (likely) because after this season (only his 3rd I think) they'll have to sign him to a flat-out silly contract even though he really hasn't accomplished anything.

When a contract is more valuable than a human, and average players make >$20M, something is wrong.  It's been wrong forever.  I remember teams lining up to trade for retired Jamal Mashburn (or was it Jerry Stackhouse?)

Bull :censored: league.  "The Process" is the only way to fight it.  Hinke died for our sins.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would have liked to see any of these for the Knicks

1. Knicks trade Noah, Melo, and a first rounder to the Clips for DeAndre and Reddick

2. Knicks trade Noah, Melo, Lee and a first rounder to the Pacers for PG13

3. Knicks trade Rose, Noah, Melo and a first rounder to the Pistons for Drummomd and Jackson.

Good trades for all teams involved

AwvgSX4.png

The best deal the Knicks had for Melo on the Clips was Reddick and Crawford. They shouldn't have taken that deal, but good for the Clips to not go overboard.

Melo (and Lala) wouldn't have gone to Indiana and Detroit.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, ImmortalChef said:

I would have liked to see any of these for the Knicks

1. Knicks trade Noah, Melo, and a first rounder to the Clips for DeAndre and Reddick

2. Knicks trade Noah, Melo, Lee and a first rounder to the Pacers for PG13

3. Knicks trade Rose, Noah, Melo and a first rounder to the Pistons for Drummomd and Jackson.

Good trades for all teams involved

Sure. That Noah contract is sooo desirable and he is playing like he did when he was thought of as league MVP.

Archived