PittsburghSucks

2016-17 NBA Season

616 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

At least I know what the 76ers are doing. I don't like it, but I get it. I have no idea what the Bulls are doing. They traded up for Doug McDermott and then traded another pick to get rid of him. What a waste.

What are they doing though?  At least 'the process' involved getting future top picks and shedding salary and stockpiling potentially great players that conveniently couldn't play due to injuries.  This is just trading one of those players for next to nothing, keeping one that didn't work out, and intentionally keeping a great one out.  I get that they're going to lose the rest of their games, but wouldn't it make more sense to just keep Noel rather than give him up for nothing?

Here's exactly why the NBA is the worst league on earth and the most frustrating to figure out for a casual fan.

1.  The Sixers traded a former top draft pick for an expiring contract - a player they're just going to buy out.

2.  They traded him (likely) because after this season (only his 3rd I think) they'll have to sign him to a flat-out silly contract even though he really hasn't accomplished anything.

When a contract is more valuable than a human, and average players make >$20M, something is wrong.  It's been wrong forever.  I remember teams lining up to trade for retired Jamal Mashburn (or was it Jerry Stackhouse?)

Bull :censored: league.  "The Process" is the only way to fight it.  Hinke died for our sins.

2 people like this

I would have liked to see any of these for the Knicks

1. Knicks trade Noah, Melo, and a first rounder to the Clips for DeAndre and Reddick

2. Knicks trade Noah, Melo, Lee and a first rounder to the Pacers for PG13

3. Knicks trade Rose, Noah, Melo and a first rounder to the Pistons for Drummomd and Jackson.

Good trades for all teams involved

The best deal the Knicks had for Melo on the Clips was Reddick and Crawford. They shouldn't have taken that deal, but good for the Clips to not go overboard.

Melo (and Lala) wouldn't have gone to Indiana and Detroit.

1 hour ago, ImmortalChef said:

I would have liked to see any of these for the Knicks

1. Knicks trade Noah, Melo, and a first rounder to the Clips for DeAndre and Reddick

2. Knicks trade Noah, Melo, Lee and a first rounder to the Pacers for PG13

3. Knicks trade Rose, Noah, Melo and a first rounder to the Pistons for Drummomd and Jackson.

Good trades for all teams involved

Sure. That Noah contract is sooo desirable and he is playing like he did when he was thought of as league MVP.

Hopefully Lowry & DeRozan won't be burned out now by round 2.  

That's the real m.o.

Warriors drop 50 in the 3rd Quarter.  Inlcuding a 28ft Curry buzzer-beater - still not sure how he made that shot, and it's Steph Curry.

I don't know how anyone can root for a team with that ass on it. Between that and KD ruining the competiveness of the league and being the apex of boring as hell basketball, the Warriors are a really easy team to hate. 

We all had fun ribbing this dude for years, and as soon as he joins the Warriors everyone gets their feelings hurt. What a whiny, self-important bunch of killjoys. 

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

I don't know how anyone can root for a team with that ass on it. Between that and KD ruining the competiveness of the league and being the apex of boring as hell basketball, the Warriors are a really easy team to hate. 

*checks sig*

I guess it takes one to know one.

I wish current players would talk :censored: to each other instead of having to rely on retired guys to start fires.  Too much buddy-buddy and superfriends in the NBA

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Kaz said:

I wish current players would talk :censored: to each other instead of having to rely on retired guys to start fires.  Too much buddy-buddy and superfriends in the NBA

Lacob talked s#it about being "light years ahead" of the fellow franchises only to be up 3-1 and have Jordan mock his 73-9 record.

Now his role player is criticized and they complain to the league office.

All the while Draymond talking $hit to Paul Pierce on Thursday was fantastic.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/23/draymond-green-trash-talks-paul-pierce-you-thought-you-was-kobe

I still give the decision to Draymond. You can't tweet your comeback after the game. Just like you can't call/text your next snap in after the battle is over.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-report-20170226-story.html

Sorry Paul, you've been stabbed, came back to win a 'chip and all, but on Thursday,  you went out like a sucka!

1 person likes this

On 2/25/2017 at 11:29 AM, Wings said:

13741147_552419621635362_1120479463_n.jpg

"For 8  years brother. For 8 years, I held my head high. I did everything for the charities, I did it for the kids and the reception I got when I came out here? You fans can stick it brother"