2016-17 NBA Season

PittsburghSucks

It's an NCAA story, but Patrick Ewing finally landed a head coaching job. There's been some interesting writing on how people assume centers are dumb, so it'll be interesting to see how this works out for Patrick.

Patrick's been an assistant NBA coach for the better part of 15 years, so I'm sure he knows what a head coach should do during games. The problem for him is that NCAA coaches are expected to recruit and develop one-and-dones. I don't see how that prepares him for an NBA job; either way, I'm rooting for him.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

It's an NCAA story, but Patrick Ewing finally landed a head coaching job. There's been some interesting writing on how people assume centers are dumb, so it'll be interesting to see how this works out for Patrick.

Patrick's been an assistant NBA coach for the better part of 15 years, so I'm sure he knows what a head coach should do during games. The problem for him is that NCAA coaches are expected to recruit and develop one-and-dones. I don't see how that prepares him for an NBA job; either way, I'm rooting for him.

It's not one-&-done guys unless you are Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, UCLA and maybe three others. You can get to the second week of the tournament w/o them. Roy hasn't had one since Brendan Wright in '07, yet has one a chip, lost one last year and goes for one tonight.

If you haven't read up on the longtime issues between Big John Thompson and former DeMantha coach, Morgan Wooten, do so as it plays a major role in the Hoyas local recruiting struggles in the last 15 years.

53 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

I guess this is Orlando's summer plans as the agent of Patricio Garino tweeted their whiteboard yesterday.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/look-magics-offseason-targets-inadvertently-tweeted-to-the-world/

The best part of that is Serge Ibaka's name.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I really think the Cavs are heading for a 2004/2011 Lakers type scenario where the wheels fall off despite everyone giving them benefit of the doubt.

It depends on who they face in the ECF. The only team with the core to knock them off in 6/7 IMO is Toronto, but that's if Lowry comes back healthy. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

6 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I really think the Cavs are heading for a 2004/2011 Lakers type scenario where the wheels fall off despite everyone giving them benefit of the doubt.

That or the 2001 Lakers. Just kidding. LeBron is still the ECF favorite until he loses it.

But really, the Warriors have turned the entire league into the Washington Generals. There's the slight chance that Durant messes up their recent chemistry, but I doubt it. Golden State has lapped the field recently, and while Houston and San Antonio look good against everyone else, they both suck against Golden State.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but I don't see how the Warriors can lose.

Warriors Crush!!! Warriors Smash!!! is pretty much the theme for this year's playoffs.

-def. Portland or Denver 4-0

-def. Utah or Clippers 4-1

-def. Houston 4-1 or San Antonio 4-2

-def. Cleveland 4-1

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

6 hours ago, Wings said:

Warriors Crush!!! Warriors Smash!!! is pretty much the theme for this year's playoffs.

-def. Portland or Denver 4-0

-def. Utah or Clippers 4-1

-def. Houston 4-1 or San Antonio 4-2

-def. Cleveland 4-1

I don't see any team (including the Spurs) taking more than one against the Dubs. They're playing with that chemistry and swagger we saw much of last year, and are entering the playoffs, arguably, on a higher note.

NSFCvyu.png

Cavs are dropping the hammer away on the Celtics.

Lakers are :censored:ing up by leading the Spurs in San Antonio.

EDIT: Nevermind! LA was up 12 at the half. Down to a 2-point lead midway through the third.

1 hour ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The Lakers get revenge on the Spurs after losing by 40 the last time they were in Texas!

Isn't this more the Spurs twisting the knife in light of the draft situation?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Isn't this more the Spurs twisting the knife in light of the draft situation?

No kidding. The Lakers definitely didn't want to win this game. They now have the third worst record (23-55) and have one more win and two fewer losses than Phoenix (22-57).

Phoenix's remaining games:

OKC (loss)

Dallas (loss)

@ Sacramento (toss-up)

Projected record: 23-59

LA:

Sacramento (toss-up)

Minnesota (toss-up)

New Orleans (both teams looking to lose)

@ GSW (toss-up; GS will be resting)

Projected record: 25-57

I had no idea Phoenix was on a 0-13 losing streak. They're closing out the season on a HARD tank.

I'm probably the only man on the CAVS NOT GONNA MAKE FINALS island, but.... I'm not wavering.

Are we at the point where people just act is if LeBron is always in the Finals or do we have to see the Cavs lose a series?

Because I am still not buying the Cavs.

I don't buy into the ALL THEY NEED IS LEBRON

Well, Love/Kyrie still suck on defense. JR Smith when he doesn't hit threes is useless.

And Tyronn Lue is the modern day Barry Switzer- a guy with a ring in spite of not being a good coach.

If the freaking UConn women can lose..... so can LeBron.

He's not immortal. He's not invincible.

It's gonna happen. The Eastern Conference is not always gonna be The Team With LeBron.

I still think the Cavs can be had

3 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Some people were showing concern about how Cleveland would perform in the playoffs after their recent play.

They'll be fine.

I'm sorry, but I can't just disregard that Spurs loss.

They looked bad in March.

Are we at the point where LeBron gets all benefit of the doubt because he's THE ALMIGHTY LEBRON?

44 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I'm sorry, but I can't just disregard that Spurs loss.

They looked bad in March.

Are we at the point where LeBron gets all benefit of the doubt because he's THE ALMIGHTY LEBRON?

Because Lebron has had adversity every regular season since 2011 with the exception of 2013 and made the finals he deserve that benefit until he doesn't make the finals. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

The Cavs have been coasting since the All-Star break. LeBron, more than anyone, knows how to keep gas in the tank.

And, yeah, obviously he gets the benefit of the doubt. That's what happens when you make six straight Finals.

I recommend you start yelling your bad sports opinions at inopportune moments out in public; there's a market for that.

Archived